Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
BLA1NE
Domhnall
RANT
Yarxov
Eliteknight
The_Tao
Gumby
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Deadmeat95
nsane32
Halicarnassis
MinedSafe
Serious_Much
JohnnyHarpoon
Crowned
JY4answer
20 posters

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

Post by RANT Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:28 pm

i hate them cause 7 out of 10 are cheap and go for the bs right away, no humanity, you can invade while hollow and i never get any souls from them.
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

Post by Domhnall Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 pm

When I get killed, I like to do a hilariously overexagerated impression of the guy who killed me, and what I think he's like in real life. It's actually really fun.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Stop the hate threads altogether...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 pm

any one got a lvl 700 to make a forest covnenter? that should fix the farming issues there...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 am

A Level 700 anti-griefer... Dear god.
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 am

I agree with you that hosts are the worst (DW here). Farmers and especially the phantoms (Sunbros!) that help them are pathetic. It's much much worse in the Forest. I don't hate DM's at all, but I usually know I'm in less danger than when another DW shows up and that likely this is an "anything goes" fight. There are always exceptions though and some are highly skilled and honourable.

Also - hating a covenant is nothing like racism in RL. I think you lost a lot of people with that overstatement...
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes, the farmers are the absolute worst group in online play. Hanging around the kiln or the forest with your sunbro friends, over-leveled toon, and try-hard equipment is absolutely pathetic. However, comparing dislike for DMs to racism is absurd. Ethnicity is an innate trait that doesn't reflect any personal choices or personality. On the other hand, people choose their covenents. For people who like to invade, the choice is between an invader that invades at or above their level and potentially risks a humanity, and an invader that invades at or below their level and doesn't risk a humanity. It says something about a person's playing style if they intentionally choose the no-risk option that allows them to invade lower level players. You're probably a fine player personally, but I'm just pointing out the obvious incentive structure.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I just thought that both were over-generalising, but I admit I might have overstated that. Appologies. I personally don't mind risking my 99 free humanity, but I like the DM buff. If its that bad, I'll just go DW and use SLB. No biggie.
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dustofsaturn Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 pm

I tend to dislike them because quite often they are a waste of my time. I was trying to summon my buddy for the fight against the four kings (NG+ their attacks would do little damage to both of us but then randomly 1 hit kill us no matter what o_o) and 3 Dark moons popped up one after the other...

1 tried killing Beatrice. He/She died quickly from my sword. The second one ran away from Beatrice and fought decently but also died without doing more than 200hp to me (only 1 of his swings hit me), and the 3rd was a WoG person which I dodged the miracles and killed him.

1 Dark Wraith came and obliterated me within 30 seconds of him spawning and he was only wearing leg armour and used only a katana.

Every other time a DM has invaded me when I was going for a boss fight and not going for PVP I've won. Dark Wraiths... 60/40 in their favour.

In Kiln I haven't really fought many DM so I can't really say much about it. The colour blue also isn't as intimidating.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Well overall the quality of the player can't simply be determined by what covenant they're in. ATM, I'm max level Darkmoon but I usually just use cracked eye orbs to invade since I no longer have a need for ears and being matched at my level tends to be a better fight. The big issue I might guess for Darkmoons is that since they invade down in levels, maybe they expect to just steamroll people by having better gear. I'm SL 210, so most people I would fight are SL 120 or so with a completed build, so it's not always that simple (diminishing returns really are a bitch past 120ish). I just know to always expect anything to be able to kill you in Dark Souls.

With that out of the way, I've always said that hosts are the biggest threat to "balanced" pvp. It's very difficult to get a fair fight out of them. Either I invade to 2 white phantoms ready to pounce on me, or the host desperately tries to flask and I'm forced to spam Lloyd's or waste my humanity trying to outheal them. Even though I'm DM I always invade in human form because if I get invaded, I at least know the fight will be as fair and fun as I can make it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am