Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Share
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 am

    ... is it just me or is this game really not as hard as everyone seems to think it is?

    Im not trying to start a flame or anything like that, I am honestly curious as to why I see threads of people stating they tried 4kigns thirty times, or died at a particular spot another dozen times. I dont get it. I dont think I've died in about 30 SLs and about 8 to 9 hours gameplay, I normally 1 shot bosses, including Lords... I know its my first playthrough and supposedly not that hard, but really?

    Thoughts?

    G


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 303
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : The Shape

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by theAnimus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 am

    What SL are you?
    avatar
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 119
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by k0rruptid on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 am

    1 shotting bosses? must be using the walkthrough every second of the way or something.

    beaten the game multiple times here. id honestly love to know how you 1 hit kill every single boss, including lords.

    and its not as hard as people claim, but 1st playthrough blind is a different story. there is no way you 1 shot every single boss 1st try going in blind.


    _________________
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 pm

    theAnimus wrote:What SL are you?

    about 85 at the moment, only have Lords plus Gwyn left...


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 119
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by k0rruptid on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:04 pm

    so are you using a walkthrough/reading the wiki? because there is no way you 1 shot every single boss, without knowing exactly what is coming and exactly where to go.

    im guessing you have upgraded the most powerful weapon or something?


    _________________

    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by PPG-3- on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm

    you 1 shotted bosses?

    maybe im taking this too literally. but are you saying you swung and connected with your weapon one time and defeated a boss?

    based on what i know about dmg output and the hp of bosses i find that very hard to believe.
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 pm

    k0rruptid wrote:1 shotting bosses? must be using the walkthrough every second of the way or something. beaten the game multiple times here. id honestly love to know how you 1 hit kill every single boss, including lords. and its not as hard as people claim, but 1st playthrough blind is a different story. there is no way you 1 shot every single boss 1st try going in blind.

    Yeah well I do tend to look at the walkthrough before the bosses, never said I didnt, but not in incredible detail. I do prefer to be prepared a little, so just look at WT enough to be prepared while trying to not spoil my whole experience.

    In terms of Lords, I died once at 4Ks becase I jumped down before the ring and another couple of times in the crystal cave because I was being a muppet. Another time in the great hollow and once at the hydra, but apart from that I really can't remember the last time I died, normal mobs simply don't kill me.

    I do take a really cautious and meticulous approach to pulling and I use my bow a lot etc, it can take me ages to clear a room, but I dont know...

    Anyway, I wasnt trying to ditch the game, I love it, I was just trying to udnerstand whether I was doing something differently or whatnot.

    :sunny:


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:09 pm

    k0rruptid wrote:so are you using a walkthrough/reading the wiki? because there is no way you 1 shot every single boss, without knowing exactly what is coming and exactly where to go.

    im guessing you have upgraded the most powerful weapon or something?

    I upgraded my lightning spear to +5 but before that I had a +5 Drake sword, nothing fancy! And as per my other reply, yes I do read the wiki/walkthrough, although really not so much. I just like to be somewhat prepared, but I tend to try not to spoil the fight itself because I still want to be awed by a new creature/fight mechanic etc. It's not been easy mind you, but I have not really died, maybe Im just immensely careful, maybe I have a knack for it I dont know, I just know I keep reading threads of guys who pick up the game and let it go at Firelink shrine because they go towards the catacombs and just think its too hard, that's all!


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 pm

    PPG-3- wrote:you 1 shotted bosses?

    maybe im taking this too literally. but are you saying you swung and connected with your weapon one time and defeated a boss?

    based on what i know about dmg output and the hp of bosses i find that very hard to believe.

    No man happy Absolutely not, sorry I have been a WoW player for years and "one-shooting" would be killing at the first try in wow slang, apologies for the confusion... !


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    Robbe

    Posts : 1
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-20

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Robbe on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm

    Me and a friend of mines have the feeling they made the game a little bit easier, 2 months ago or so, you can't imagine how many times I've died. Playing a sorcerer, some things were hard some were amazingly easy. A couple of days me and my friend made a new character, I've got a warrior now. Everything went smooth, doesn't mean I don't die, I still die quite often but it tends to feel like the games easier compared to 2 months ago. Might just be me and my friend getting better. I'm currently in New game + with my sorcerer. Definately something you should go for. Simply love this game.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 pm

    Cookie trophy for you


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by aceluby on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm

    If you're being ultra careful and using a bow/arrow to kite enemies one by one of course the game is going to be easy. Couple that with looking up how to beat the bosses and I can see why you don't think the game is that tough. The game is only as difficult as you make it. I could spend hours grinding out levels so I'm way overpowered and make it easy mode, or I could try not leveling at all and turn the game into a beast. The user has a lot of control of the difficulty in this regard.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm

    Gowardo wrote:
    k0rruptid wrote:so are you using a walkthrough/reading the wiki? because there is no way you 1 shot every single boss, without knowing exactly what is coming and exactly where to go.

    im guessing you have upgraded the most powerful weapon or something?

    I upgraded my lightning spear to +5 but before that I had a +5 Drake sword, nothing fancy! And as per my other reply, yes I do read the wiki/walkthrough, although really not so much. I just like to be somewhat prepared, but I tend to try not to spoil the fight itself because I still want to be awed by a new creature/fight mechanic etc. It's not been easy mind you, but I have not really died, maybe Im just immensely careful, maybe I have a knack for it I dont know, I just know I keep reading threads of guys who pick up the game and let it go at Firelink shrine because they go towards the catacombs and just think its too hard, that's all!

    Lol that's why, you acomplished all early game with 1 of the best weapons to get early (drake sword). I bet you looked at a WT because you didn't even know that the drake sword could be get by cutting the tail/killing the red drake.
    Also the AI of the enemies it's not so good, so if you just do it the cheesy way and spam arrows from a great distance most of them won't even aggro you.

    A LOT OF PEOPLE didn't even know about the drake sword the first time they were at that point. If you look all over internet and search for secret locations and secret weapons of course the game it's gonna be easy. I could just make a cleric, start with master key, go to new londo, use shortcut, get the astora straight sword, lvl up dex so i can use it, go to catacombs, kill pinwheel, get rite, and have 20 estus the first time I doing Burg, but hey, I didn't know that when I started playing. I beat the game once just for fun and then I started to look for secrets.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:
    Gowardo wrote:
    k0rruptid wrote:so are you using a walkthrough/reading the wiki? because there is no way you 1 shot every single boss, without knowing exactly what is coming and exactly where to go.

    im guessing you have upgraded the most powerful weapon or something?

    I upgraded my lightning spear to +5 but before that I had a +5 Drake sword, nothing fancy! And as per my other reply, yes I do read the wiki/walkthrough, although really not so much. I just like to be somewhat prepared, but I tend to try not to spoil the fight itself because I still want to be awed by a new creature/fight mechanic etc. It's not been easy mind you, but I have not really died, maybe Im just immensely careful, maybe I have a knack for it I dont know, I just know I keep reading threads of guys who pick up the game and let it go at Firelink shrine because they go towards the catacombs and just think its too hard, that's all!

    Lol that's why, you acomplished all early game with 1 of the best weapons to get early (drake sword). I bet you looked at a WT because you didn't even know that the drake sword could be get by cutting the tail/killing the red drake.
    Also the AI of the enemies it's not so good, so if you just do it the cheesy way and spam arrows from a great distance most of them won't even aggro you.

    A LOT OF PEOPLE didn't even know about the drake sword the first time they were at that point. If you look all over internet and search for secret locations and secret weapons of course the game it's gonna be easy. I could just make a cleric, start with master key, go to new londo, use shortcut, get the astora straight sword, lvl up dex so i can use it, go to catacombs, kill pinwheel, get rite, and have 20 estus the first time I doing Burg, but hey, I didn't know that when I started playing. I beat the game once just for fun and then I started to look for secrets.

    Yeah well I guess that's fair enough, although you make it sound like I "look for secrets" all over the internet which I dont. I had heard about the Drake Sword from my mate who introducted me to the game, although she plays on PSN and I on XBL. As far as the rest goes, I didnt even have the master key as a gift when I started playing so you can see how much research I did before I began happy

    I believe the Drake Sword helped that's for sure, but to be perfectly honest Im skepctical to how much harder the game would have been without it. Anyway, once again I am getting a lot of bad vibes here so I just wanted to remind you all that I am also a DS fan ! Much love,

    G


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by RANT on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 pm

    never play with a guide or look anything up when you play a game for the first time, it makes it easy and it ruins the surprise factor, finding everything by yourself is harder but its so awesome when you come into a new enemy, i remember getting eaten by one of the ents and the mimic in sen's fortress, i couldnt stop laughing, you also leveled up a lot, i always upgrade all my stuff before i level up but thats just me, everyone likes to play a diff way.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 pm

    aceluby wrote:If you're being ultra careful and using a bow/arrow to kite enemies one by one of course the game is going to be easy. Couple that with looking up how to beat the bosses and I can see why you don't think the game is that tough. The game is only as difficult as you make it. I could spend hours grinding out levels so I'm way overpowered and make it easy mode, or I could try not leveling at all and turn the game into a beast. The user has a lot of control of the difficulty in this regard.

    Great answer thanks happy


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by shadowsoldiers on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 pm

    Gowardo wrote:
    k0rruptid wrote:1 shotting bosses? must be using the walkthrough every second of the way or something. beaten the game multiple times here. id honestly love to know how you 1 hit kill every single boss, including lords. and its not as hard as people claim, but 1st playthrough blind is a different story. there is no way you 1 shot every single boss 1st try going in blind.

    Yeah well I do tend to look at the walkthrough before the bosses, never said I didnt, but not in incredible detail. I do prefer to be prepared a little, so just look at WT enough to be prepared while trying to not spoil my whole experience.

    In terms of Lords, I died once at 4Ks becase I jumped down before the ring and another couple of times in the crystal cave because I was being a muppet. Another time in the great hollow and once at the hydra, but apart from that I really can't remember the last time I died, normal mobs simply don't kill me.

    I do take a really cautious and meticulous approach to pulling and I use my bow a lot etc, it can take me ages to clear a room, but I dont know...

    Anyway, I wasnt trying to ditch the game, I love it, I was just trying to udnerstand whether I was doing something differently or whatnot.

    :sunny:



    No wonder it's so easy, you know what to expect. If you tried going through a real playthrough it'd be much harder than something telling you what to expect/what to do.. Ruins the game if you use walkthroughs.. especially on the first playthrough....
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 pm

    Gowardo wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Gowardo wrote:
    k0rruptid wrote:so are you using a walkthrough/reading the wiki? because there is no way you 1 shot every single boss, without knowing exactly what is coming and exactly where to go.

    im guessing you have upgraded the most powerful weapon or something?

    I upgraded my lightning spear to +5 but before that I had a +5 Drake sword, nothing fancy! And as per my other reply, yes I do read the wiki/walkthrough, although really not so much. I just like to be somewhat prepared, but I tend to try not to spoil the fight itself because I still want to be awed by a new creature/fight mechanic etc. It's not been easy mind you, but I have not really died, maybe Im just immensely careful, maybe I have a knack for it I dont know, I just know I keep reading threads of guys who pick up the game and let it go at Firelink shrine because they go towards the catacombs and just think its too hard, that's all!

    Lol that's why, you acomplished all early game with 1 of the best weapons to get early (drake sword). I bet you looked at a WT because you didn't even know that the drake sword could be get by cutting the tail/killing the red drake.
    Also the AI of the enemies it's not so good, so if you just do it the cheesy way and spam arrows from a great distance most of them won't even aggro you.

    A LOT OF PEOPLE didn't even know about the drake sword the first time they were at that point. If you look all over internet and search for secret locations and secret weapons of course the game it's gonna be easy. I could just make a cleric, start with master key, go to new londo, use shortcut, get the astora straight sword, lvl up dex so i can use it, go to catacombs, kill pinwheel, get rite, and have 20 estus the first time I doing Burg, but hey, I didn't know that when I started playing. I beat the game once just for fun and then I started to look for secrets.

    Yeah well I guess that's fair enough, although you make it sound like I "look for secrets" all over the internet which I dont. I had heard about the Drake Sword from my mate who introducted me to the game, although she plays on PSN and I on XBL. As far as the rest goes, I didnt even have the master key as a gift when I started playing so you can see how much research I did before I began happy

    I believe the Drake Sword helped that's for sure, but to be perfectly honest Im skepctical to how much harder the game would have been without it. Anyway, once again I am getting a lot of bad vibes here so I just wanted to remind you all that I am also a DS fan ! Much love,

    G

    Master key was an example of what someone could do if they know everything of the game at the time the start a new character. Also if you got a friend that tells you things of the game it's kind of lame because the joke about it it's to find out by yourself. Like I said I completed the game once without using any kind of help/guide/WT/comments from anyone. Because I wanted to do it alone, and figure out all what I can by myself. After that, I looked in the internet all the things I didn't found/miss.

    If you think the game wouldn't be harder without the Drake Sword, start a new character a try it. But it's not gonna be the same because it's not the first time you play. With all respect you kind of ruin it to be honest.


    Last edited by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 303
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : The Shape

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by theAnimus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

    Yeah this thread is completely pointless to be honest. You never wanted a challenge in the first place, and now you're complaining that you weren't challenged? Doesn't make much sense.
    avatar
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by shadowsoldiers on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 pm

    theAnimus wrote:Yeah this thread is completely pointless to be honest. You never wanted a challenge in the first place, and now you're complaining that you weren't challenged? Doesn't make much sense.

    Exactly.
    avatar
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 303
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : The Shape

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by theAnimus on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 pm

    Also, in another thread you just posted that you're SL 95, so you aren't even being honest
    avatar
    Gowardo
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 35
    Location : London, UK

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm

    nvm


    Last edited by Gowardo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 3 times in total


    _________________



    :arrow: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

    Add Gowardo on XBL.
    avatar
    shadowsoldiers
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by shadowsoldiers on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

    Have no choice here. BURRRNNNN
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Carphil on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

    No cookie trophy for you, I will give it to someone who actually died and like it instead of reading a whole walkthrough before playing the game.



    Lame


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

    theAnimus wrote:Also, in another thread you just posted that you're SL 95, so you aren't even being honest

    I'm still curious in how he 1 shot bosses, even lords. Not even sorcerers with CSS can 1 Shot bosses. 2-3 maybe but not 1.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

    Sponsored content

    Re: Everyone is going to hate me, but...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:57 am