Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:39 am

Aw, in that case your instinct might just fall into a pattern. That's where tactics come in. Maybe I overthink in 2v1s. Hm....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 am

Don't become a pooh bear and sit there pondering while poor old Eor is getting banged. Rise to the cause and fight fight fight, be a regular Gandhi 2.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 am

But gandhi was for nonviolent protest. The more (in)appropriate quote would be

"Y'know, there was a group of people that thought a lot like you. They were called Nazi's! They were close-minded, hate-filled people that just wanted everything their way! Are you a Nazi!?"

"No?"

"ARE YOU A NAZI!"

"No"

"CAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY NAZI'S AROUND HERE!"

"No, I am not a Nazi!, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not a Nazi!"

"Good. Now let me tell you about a group of people who didn't give up. They were called Nazis.""

No obviously, I'm not being serious. And yet I have no idea where a freaking heard this.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:25 am

Gandhi 2, was a joke about Gandhi coming bad madder than ever, and being a warrior who fights crime. silly My references are too much for you!

Though I don't where that series of quotes is from either.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 am

Hopefully I don't catch any flak. Anywho, I'm a tactician first and dueling is the more natural over 2v1. You seem to have a natural grasp of it though
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:37 am

I'm more of a tactician as well, I just think of myself as a unit on a battlefield and figure out how and where I should fight. In the forest the woods itself is your greatest ally, it's saved me far more than any phantom. I've walked literally every inch of it, as such just spacing in it is instinct now, it's like being able to navigate your house in the dark.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:42 am

That is crazy. I should start walking the forest so I can do it backwards (bad habit, trying to lead the host while locked on)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 am

I've posted here before, but I typically just watch the host when I lead them, I just remember the forest and can navigate it blind without looking, knowing exactly where I'm going. You'd be surprised how many shortcuts there are as well, I'm pretty sure Darkroot has the most hidden paths in the game.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 am

I've been able to drag a host 2 laps around the forest. From the stairs to the treents to the bearcat bridge, between the parent shrooms and back to Alvina twice before finally getting smashed by a large club.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

The bridge is often the death of many. Either a person leading another doesn't know how to get through it fast enough, and is caught, or a person does a last stand there and one party dies. Let's just say, I know of seven shortcuts I believe involving the Bridge.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:20 am

Tolvo - you are the da man!!!I have spent the last day and half training and fighting with the Mura unlocked - this is the only way to fight with this weapon. I just invaded a farmer armed with a Gravelord sword (he could have fought the same way as I was but he didn't happy ) and was handing him his butt on a cold silver platter!! And you are right you cannot be parried when you fight with the Mura unlocked (exploiting dead angles) - the farmer kept trying and trying to parry me and I was tagging him every time (shield avoidance yeah baby, yeah!!). The ganker just didn't know how to deal with the technique. I got him down to a sliver of health and the farmer bolts back to the stairs to summon. I laughed and BC out. Sent him a PM saying "We had a nice party going on but you summoned" but of course the farmer did not respond back lol

Tolvo - your name will ring through the hall of warriors long after you are dead and your bones turned to dust bro Proper Bow

Just need to keep practicing and fighting with this technique so it becomes second nature.
    eninala

Post by eninala Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:55 am

I saw you online last night, should've joined you guys. I was working on leveling my Int-based toon.

I'd forgotten what it was like to have zero poise, barely any health, no defense, and unupgraded weapons. And missing a parry didn't just mean an annoyance but instead a pretty high likelihood of death. Haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am

Forget all the battle stuff, his name will live on forever for adding a UHF reference to the thread.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 am

Tolvo wrote:Woah man, great practice fights Befowler, I hope my Murakumo did not disappoint. Very great dead angling and work with the Scythe, I very much liked how you actually used the instant attack kick animation for your estoc, that actually caught me off guard a few times. I hope the Force spell dodging helped out along with a lot of the others things, I hope to see you in that pit again soon. Man, finishing the whole thing too with a close spar where I killed you as you parried me, leaving it to look like I literally pelvic thrusted you to death on my screen haha.

Haha yes, that was a blast and both using and facing the murakumo was very instructive. I also really enjoyed using base unupgraded weapons, obviously the fights last longer but you really get warmed up and get a lot of practice in. The final match was crazy, a classic example of one I wish was caught on tape. For those who care, I had no life left, and foolishly tried to parry an overhead swing. I did, but it smashed me to the ground so I lay there dying as Tolvo hung up in the parried animation. Freakin' hilarious.

And the force practice was awesome, I recommend this for everyone. Not only did it help me get somewhat better at rolling through force/Wotg, I managed to actually parry two of them (including one in our final epic match). You can actually see a glow along the top edge of your shield if you do it right, sort of like you're pushing back the sphere of force, which strongly suggests this is intended and not a glitch.

I'll always be up for more training. The only question is whether I need to make a separate 120 so I don't have to keep shuttling back and forth to the forest, heh. Thanks again, sensei Tolvo!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 am

yesterday I was busy with trading and help but today ill be invading the forest all day long(when I get online) and tomorrow I start playing as soon as I get up
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 am

nsane32 wrote:yesterday I was busy with trading and help but today ill be invading the forest all day long(when I get online) and tomorrow I start playing as soon as I get up

Roger that - I will be constantly invading the forest tonight and tomorrow. Still doing some PvE training but I will mix it up with some real-world training/testing in the forest. I will be ready to assist you and your brethren in our common goal to kill as many gankers as possible.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 pm

The gankers of the forest shall fell our wraith
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Man I don't know what was up lastnight...but Alvina didn't call me to battle once...I think the kiln was just super busy as I am always human and got constantly invaded:(

I will be invading all weekend tho also!!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 pm

What's a good level for FHing? I was planning to cap my build at 125, but that's less vit than I would like. I'll probably make a nearly identical char for dueling after I've finished this build and seen its deficiencies.

Also, don't fish for BS against gankers. Unless your fishing skills are godly you'll just get bs'ed yourself. Go for pivot, locked, or roll bs's. They are more difficult to land, but farmers rarely punish mistakes, especially if you've shown them that you can hit them in a 360 degree arc around you.

For all you STR builds out there, don't use the BKGA. It's too slow for stunlocking, it's super easy to parry, and it's damage is meh. I highly recommend the Great Lord Greatsword and the Black Knight Sword (not the Black Knight Greatsword). Their strong attacks are nearly unusable, but their quick attacks stunlock everything. If you do land a strong attack with the BKS, it does massive knockback (one of my favorite pasttimes(?) is throwing pve enemies 40 feet by hitting them in the back with those attacks). Never done so with the GLGS though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I hunt at 190 currently and see a ton of action. On good nights almost non-stop. I used to wonder if, despite there being no "restrictions" level wise, there might be a preference. Like it will try to put me in the 200 area before it throws me at a low level guy but almost every farmer that dies in my presence nets low souls, typically 15k to 30k. Although the guy that dropped 800k was nice too.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

glgs can smash just about any thing to the floor. once there you usually have time to wind up another r2 and smash them again.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Any level is a good level for hunting. since there isn't a level restriction I say never stop leveling you hunter toon. 196 right now, and I aim to have 220 by the time I touch the kiln in ng++
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:35 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Any level is a good level for hunting. since there isn't a level restriction I say never stop leveling you hunter toon. 196 right now, and I aim to have 220 by the time I touch the kiln in ng++

I am in agreement with cloud - if you have a hunter - level restrictions should be thrown out the window - especially if your toon is solely dedicated killing gankers. My hunter is at 240+ and still rising (taking it always to the top - yeah baby, yeah!!) - need every advantage I can get to deal with the bangs.

I'm going to have to start playing around the GLGS a bit - will trying roll that weapon into my training regime ASAP. Yeah - the GLGS 2H strong attack is ridiculous. I don't think I have hit with 2H but I have been stun-locked to oblivion with it though.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

I stick around 120-125 so I have a chance against the sl 700+ guys you run into, but can also operate anywhere else in the game if I need a break. We're also using 120 as the main sweetspot for our wee FH training club down in btown, so folks who are interested in that (namely all of you) should bear that in mind.

One thing I may do is build up a spare 120, and then continue to level my main. Can you ever have too many FH chars? No way no how.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 pm

What should I throw my stats into to go up that high? STR and INT for versatility? More faith for better buffs? Level my vit to 99?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 am