Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 31 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Please no...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Quarik wrote:The backstep attack is, as far as I can tell, the sprinting attack. It's especially fantastic on rapiers cuz of their ridiculous double-hit. Low damage, but it tends to keep the farmers at bay. For the mura, thanks for all of the suggestions. I decided to go with +15, just need to farm darkwraiths and octo creatures for a while for my reg and red slabs. The one thing I'd say is that you should switch away from the mura if you can't divide the enemy or get them both in a small space. The wind up is so slow that if you don't stagger both targets on the first hit, one will almost always bs you. If you can get 5-10 seconds of leeway, get a bit of poise, take a hit while you wind up, and smack the crap out of someone. With slb at +13 I can stack up ~1500 damage with 3/4s of my stamina. Not quite as good as RTSR+HR+PW, but a lot less dangerous for you. Also, what's the general consensus on power within? Is it worth using for a quick kill?

Oh, and many times yes Tolvo. I'd totally join a covenant.

Quarik - I would agree with you to a certain extent on the slowness of Mura. It is not the fastest weapon but it makes up for it with its power. But to counter the slowness - you must learn how to fight with it unlock. While unlocked hit R1 to get one swing out the way (either in you oppenents direction or away) then swing around when you hit R1 again. Some Mura users start one attack away from their oppenent then swing around and hit R1 again. With my style I start a swing away from my oppent but spin in mid-swing in their direction - this style is great if your opponent is quickly approaching you since they will not expect to walk right into an attack (also the Mura has a good bit of reach). Even if their shield is up you will probably be able to hit right through it since you fighting unlocked (i.e. dead angling). In my opinion its the perceived slowness of the weapon which makes this weapon deceptive - a lot of your opponents will discount it then meet their bloody end because of their ignorance. Continue practicing and fighting with it and you will see what I mean.

Good hunting - always fight hard and die with honor!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:07 pm

It should be the MiBT, Men in Black Tights. When we finish off a tanker we wipe everyone's memories of our amazingness and tighty-ness with cast light or the skull lantern.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Hmm, I'm quite a fan of the Robin Hood Film, but I'm not opposed to that idea. It's still in the brainstorming stage. Originally I wanted the Pharis Hat to be the uniform, but come on. We're Men in Tights! We need to wear tights! Though I'd let others wear anything else with their tights, I'll personally be wearing the full leather set with the Pharis hat in the forest, using a longsword. Rapier, dagger, and Composite bow.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm

You do know the Vella set's pants are literally black tights right Tolvo. I would make a toon just wearing that and the hat and some cestus. I really wanna do a gentlemen's goatee too so I can fisticuffs my way to victory.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

The Leather set legs are also tights of sorts, they just aren't called such. I'll probably mess around a bit to see what gives me exactly the look I want.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Actually I just realized my hazama build already looks a bit like a green haired robin hood. I'll be working on his dex so might as well have him as MiBT toon.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

My pants are tight. For Black Iron they're surprisingly form fitting
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm

My pants are tights under the metal plating.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Bout time all the covenants got together and draw the lines. Please debate who your representative will be and send him to the U.C.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 am

During some hunting yesterday I was getting killed A LOT
    But did't give up got me some kills.....an other invasion.......came into the forrest and spawnd by the stairs
    Just could see the a fellow hunter just killed a whitey and also died
    The host noticed me and heald up he was dual wielding Muro's and walking around in his undies
    The Battle begins.......was al long battle but came out on top leaving me with a pendand and over 900K on souls........now lvl 118
    Thank you !!! ganker
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 am

I nominate Tolvo to be the rep for the Forest Hunters and the mini-cov you were discussing earlier.

Also, DO NOT GET BACKSTABBED BY BUFFED GREATAXE TYPE WEAPONS! I got bs'ed by someone with a CMW Demon Greataxe and the first swing dealt almost 900 damage to me.

Apparently a +14 mura is better for bs damage than a +3 chaos estoc. And it stunlocks, and it dead angles, and it weighs a crapton so I can't wear a shirt. Gives off kind of an executioner vibe though, so that's cool... If you've got high str, end, and dex give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Unless you have low poise, in which case you're toast with butter and delicious sword-in-your-face flavored jelly.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 am

Quarik wrote:I nominate Tolvo to be the rep for the Forest Hunters and the mini-cov you were discussing earlier.

Also, DO NOT GET BACKSTABBED BY BUFFED GREATAXE TYPE WEAPONS! I got bs'ed by someone with a CMW Demon Greataxe and the first swing dealt almost 900 damage to me.

Apparently a +14 mura is better for bs damage than a +3 chaos estoc. And it stunlocks, and it dead angles, and it weighs a crapton so I can't wear a shirt. Gives off kind of an executioner vibe though, so that's cool... If you've got high str, end, and dex give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Unless you have low poise, in which case you're toast with butter and delicious sword-in-your-face flavored jelly.

I told you would love the Mura. Keep fighting and practicing with the Mura and your bond with it grow even stronger. Keep the estoc for back-up in case you need to poke at any turtlers

Oh no not another shirtless man!!Glad you are on our side - if you wasn't I would be laughing at you. lol!

Good hunting!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 am

Brokewilly wrote:Ok - friends and country men/women of Alvina - here is the latest installment of Forest Defense videos for your viewing pleasure. I have not been able to do much invading since I am taking my final exams (trying to finish up my Doctorate and its killing me sad ).

Roll the tape...

In this video I am banged and killed twice by one of my Arch-nemesis. I fought against this farmer a few times and I have only been able to kill him once. This camper gets no love from Broke ever - so if I upload a vid banging this dude I will offer no caveats or apologies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCBmvl61biQ

In this video I am fighting a camper who loves to use his melee weapon's special attacks. I have fought alot of hosts who use such weapons so I am pretty good at dodging these type of attacks. I did make one error by not blasting the host when he was repairing his Demon Axe (I think that is one of the weapons he was using). Luckily I came out on top in this bout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiG6bUBaaY

In this vid - its basically a 1v1. The camper appears to be fairly inexperienced but he was BS fishing plus he loved using TWoP. I have found blasting a farmer with a CSS when they first cast it makes them very hesitant to immediately approach while its active - ranged spells are great defense against TWoP. I did run out of stamina at one point (still working on my stamina management) so that is why I hesitate a bit during the last part of the fight. I had hurt the camper badly so he seeks refuge at the top of the stairs - luckily I had one last CSS left and was able to kill him. I personally hate fighting on those stairs and will only go up there as a last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfyWNm0pAk

In this video I am fighting a camper who is very full of himself. He makes the fatal mistake of gesturing during battle and caught a CSS to the face for his insolence. I really tried to get under this camper's skin and I think I was successful. He make the error of not healing after I blasted him and closed in for some close combat to his detriment. As you watch this vid you can see I was able to achieve complete poise collapse on the host upon my second hit - the camper's poise collapsed (you can see and hear the collapse after the second hit - this is the effect you are looking for) to such an extent it interrupted his attack. It is my belief there are two types of stun-lock - one in which the camper can still attack you (partial poise collapse with quick recovery) and the more sever version when it will interrupt their attacks turning them into shrimp bait (total & complete poise collapse where they cannot defend themselves at all). Also, I don't know if the other hunter who invades is simply taking up an invasion slot (if he knows the camper and this is their plan to isolate me - I have seen this tactic before) or if the hunter was being honorable and he wanted to wait his turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGq11PHYis

I love extended fights (kinda like kenpachi) - I would rather have a long fight and die than a short fight with a win. The smell and taste of battle is invigorating!!

Enjoy the vids my brethren and learn from my mistakes. Comments are welcomed as always. Proper Bow

Alright, in your first video the only real mistake I'm noticing is that you are taking swings a bit too much against a defensive player. This means he can easily roll and poke you to death in between your attacks, but you actually did get some hits off so that is good.

The second video I didn't really notice any issues, you could have been a bit more agressive but that's it really.

Your third video was actually very good. At first I thought you might have been a bit in the wrong to fight that guy with thos NPC's attacking him, but seeing Mask of the Child, Havel's, BKGA, and to find out he had TwoP, you more than likely made the right choice. Very nice use of spells to deter him, and great work countering the BS fish, I especially liked that mid swing you unlocked and instantly turned your face to him just as he reached your back.

For the fourth one that man was probably trying to duel, but I will say the CSS to the face was deserved due to his taunt.

Also, I nominate Brokewilly as the Embassador.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 am

I Believe the Ambassador position should be joint, not as in the joint you smoke... but that Tolvo and Brokewilly should be the ambassador because they are the most experience MiBT's
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 am

勝誠
    btw anyone in this thread speak japanese fluently? I can speak it reasonably well however I am illiterate when i write it :L
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 am

Basically that name means essentially True Victor, seems pretty good name for a Forest hunter eh winking but then it is Masaru Makoto silly
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 am

Tolvo wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:Ok - friends and country men/women of Alvina - here is the latest installment of Forest Defense videos for your viewing pleasure. I have not been able to do much invading since I am taking my final exams (trying to finish up my Doctorate and its killing me sad ).

Roll the tape...

In this video I am banged and killed twice by one of my Arch-nemesis. I fought against this farmer a few times and I have only been able to kill him once. This camper gets no love from Broke ever - so if I upload a vid banging this dude I will offer no caveats or apologies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCBmvl61biQ

In this video I am fighting a camper who loves to use his melee weapon's special attacks. I have fought alot of hosts who use such weapons so I am pretty good at dodging these type of attacks. I did make one error by not blasting the host when he was repairing his Demon Axe (I think that is one of the weapons he was using). Luckily I came out on top in this bout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiG6bUBaaY

In this vid - its basically a 1v1. The camper appears to be fairly inexperienced but he was BS fishing plus he loved using TWoP. I have found blasting a farmer with a CSS when they first cast it makes them very hesitant to immediately approach while its active - ranged spells are great defense against TWoP. I did run out of stamina at one point (still working on my stamina management) so that is why I hesitate a bit during the last part of the fight. I had hurt the camper badly so he seeks refuge at the top of the stairs - luckily I had one last CSS left and was able to kill him. I personally hate fighting on those stairs and will only go up there as a last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfyWNm0pAk

In this video I am fighting a camper who is very full of himself. He makes the fatal mistake of gesturing during battle and caught a CSS to the face for his insolence. I really tried to get under this camper's skin and I think I was successful. He make the error of not healing after I blasted him and closed in for some close combat to his detriment. As you watch this vid you can see I was able to achieve complete poise collapse on the host upon my second hit - the camper's poise collapsed (you can see and hear the collapse after the second hit - this is the effect you are looking for) to such an extent it interrupted his attack. It is my belief there are two types of stun-lock - one in which the camper can still attack you (partial poise collapse with quick recovery) and the more sever version when it will interrupt their attacks turning them into shrimp bait (total & complete poise collapse where they cannot defend themselves at all). Also, I don't know if the other hunter who invades is simply taking up an invasion slot (if he knows the camper and this is their plan to isolate me - I have seen this tactic before) or if the hunter was being honorable and he wanted to wait his turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGq11PHYis

I love extended fights (kinda like kenpachi) - I would rather have a long fight and die than a short fight with a win. The smell and taste of battle is invigorating!!

Enjoy the vids my brethren and learn from my mistakes. Comments are welcomed as always. Proper Bow

Alright, in your first video the only real mistake I'm noticing is that you are taking swings a bit too much against a defensive player. This means he can easily roll and poke you to death in between your attacks, but you actually did get some hits off so that is good.

The second video I didn't really notice any issues, you could have been a bit more agressive but that's it really.

Your third video was actually very good. At first I thought you might have been a bit in the wrong to fight that guy with thos NPC's attacking him, but seeing Mask of the Child, Havel's, BKGA, and to find out he had TwoP, you more than likely made the right choice. Very nice use of spells to deter him, and great work countering the BS fish, I especially liked that mid swing you unlocked and instantly turned your face to him just as he reached your back.

For the fourth one that man was probably trying to duel, but I will say the CSS to the face was deserved due to his taunt.

Also, I nominate Brokewilly as the Embassador.

Tolvo - thank you for the feedback. All of the feedback and recommendations everyone has provided has helped me greatly. Just got to keep on sharping my skills.

Ambassador - well now I am truly honored big grin !!!! Any role I a can play to further the cause is fine with me as long as the objective is to kill as many campers as possible.

Long live Alvina!!!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 am

Ambassador...That's what I said... 8)

Head on down and let them know about it Broke! https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3886-drawing-the-covenant-lines
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:55 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Basically that name means essentially True Victor, seems pretty good name for a Forest hunter eh winking but then it is Masaru Makoto silly

I speak some other languages but not Japanese - so Forest Hunter in Japanese is Masaru Makoto? I like the name if it is.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

Tolvo wrote:Ambassador...That's what I said... 8)

Head on down and let them know about it Broke! https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3886-drawing-the-covenant-lines

Roger that - I will check out the link.

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am

Brokewilly wrote:
    TehInfamousAmos wrote:Basically that name means essentially True Victor, seems pretty good name for a Forest hunter eh winking but then it is Masaru Makoto silly

I speak some other languages but not Japanese - so Forest Hunter in Japanese is Masaru Makoto? I like the name if it is.

Haha nahh thats the name for my forest hunter though :L Masaru Makoto is what means true victor. forest hunter is Shinrin Karyuudo which sounds cool. Masaru Makoto of the Shinrin Karyuudo Clan

Last edited by TehInfamousAmos on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : was mixed up with spoken and written japanese)
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:06 am

Why no comments on your videos Brokewilly? I want to compliment you on your determination, perseverance, and general use of tactics.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 am

Broke will make an excellent ambassador. Let them know we are prepared to rule the forest with a wooden fist!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Why no comments on your videos Brokewilly? I want to compliment you on your determination, perseverance, and general use of tactics.

Digitalyzed - thanks bro. Just trying to become a better figher and what better way than let others in the resistant have a chance to provide feedback (and laughter when my butt gets beat down) on my bouts. Many of Alvina's allies have provided feedback so that is always good. I mainly post the vids for moral purposes (gotta try to keep moral as high as possible) and to let everyone know this hunter is trying to do his part. Hopefully, others will start posting vids so we all can become better warriors and learn from their mistakes.

Now that I have a stable PVR more vids will be published in earnest.

Fight hard and die with honor for the brave never shy away from a good battle!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:52 pm