Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Mr. Tart
Halicarnassis
crbngville2
Tolvo
Forum Pirate
Looking Glass Mind
Onion Knight
Exalted Oreo
samster628
eminusx
Animaaal
GenericUsername
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
HereticForLife
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
twigsterxd
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
wretchedsausage
Eko
Werdax
GrinTwist
RANT
Encore
Dibsville
Sargerus
Soris Ice Goldwing
SadPanda
ICEFANG
Serious_Much
LunarFog
37 posters

How will you treat the fresh meat?

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How will you treat the fresh meat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will you treat the fresh meat?

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:02 pm

That's wut I mean. I just found it funny that the posts portray / indicate that people gonna master the game right away. We all gonna be noobs. None of us know anything about builds, weapons, upgrading etc. You never know, maybe a souls noob does kick any of our arses lol.

Should reiterate, 
    we know nothing of builds, weapons, upgrading available in DKS2
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

How will you treat the fresh meat? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will you treat the fresh meat?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 pm

weapons testing! i.e depending on what im monkeying around with i'll behave differently to test out the weapons capabilities (dagger = bs / parry practice) (heavy weapons... see if dead angling works).
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

@ twigsterxd

We do have a large amount of reference though.  Unless they change formulas and stats DRAMATICALLY, we'll still retain a grand majority of our knowledge on the workings of Dark Souls when we enter Dark Souls 2.  

I''d say we only lose 20-40% of our skill and knowledge when it comes out.  Our biggest weakness will be that we won't have mugen monkey to be our calculator anymore.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:19 pm

There might be something that replaces it lunar. We can only hope big grin
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:30 pm

No no no. I shall not split up my hope between things, or else I risk my hope becoming less potent.  All I hope is to have both Lunar and Summoning magic in the new game.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:33 pm

I still don't understand your lunar thread. wut is lunar magic? give an example
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Lunar magic is a magic system I came up with that features 2 special, unique, and undeniably genius traits:  The first is that the spells are geared towards supplementary magic that you need to use your wits to use properly, and the second is that the spells are cast by using WEAPONS.  

Lunar spell #10:   Creates a red orb above your character and a red ripple effect similar to Vow of Silence which makes enemies automatically lock onto you and unable to lock-off as long as you're within range. Lasts for 45 seconds.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:54 pm

I'll probably switch off between helpful co-oper and **** invader.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

I'll play online from start to infinity.

I'll die, or rather go beyond death (looking forward to that).

I'll enter the darkness and "epiphanize" regarding it.

I'll then realize that darkness is not the opposite of light, but the absence of light.
    *Sabrosa-Beastie Boys

Then, and only then, will I think, "gg" and look forward to doing it all over again.

I'll probably eat, sleep, work, and drink somewhere in between all that.Shrug

PS-Oh...how will I treat them???..." The same thing we do every night Pinky....try and...."  twisted
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:51 am

They need a proper taste of what Dark Souls is about, so i'm gonna invade like hell and co-op as much as possible. I dont get all this fear of being invaded rubbish, thats what youre supposed to feel. . .tense, nervous. . .its the thrill of the chase, same reason many people love roller coasters.

loadsa killin', loadsa co-op! lovely!
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

I shall be playing as i do now - attempting to claim glory through honorable combat, aiding the weak and destroying the wicked. I shall be placing my summon sign everywhere so that i may stand up for the noobs if they are worthy (they must at least try to do something). All the same i will be doing some invasions to teach them a bit about honorable combat and that you must remain eternally vigilant.

And don't dis skyrim. Its okay when your mind really cant be bothered to do anything so has its place in this world.
    Duel:white-stone::red-stone:Praise the SunProper Bow
    Exalted Oreo
    Exalted Oreo

Post by Exalted Oreo Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm

The amounts of souls that I will attempt to murder shall be great! In all honestly I am going for the nasty looking weapon along with long dark clothing (similar to what the dual-wielder was wearing) and just try and assassinate people. No clue if it will work well, but it's going to be a ton of fun
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Will be playing offline so I won't be treating with anyone.
    Looking Glass Mind
    Looking Glass Mind
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Looking Glass Mind Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Have to wonder how many new players we will actually get so far into the next gen cycle.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Looking Glass Mind wrote:Have to wonder how many new players we will actually get so far into the next gen cycle.
    Who knows? All I care is how many people I kill, new players or not.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Same as everybody else, meaning mercilessly.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 am

Could be interesting to have a death / co-op tally for each of your builds, would like to see that in there somewhere, maybe even woven into the game world somehow, or tied to the covenants perhaps?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:55 am

I'll probably base it off of how well they seem to be doing.  If the person can actually engage me I'll probably kill them, if it's like beating up a dead puppy I'll probably switch to a weak weapon and essentially spar with them so they can learn to get better at PvP.  I'm always more interested in getting people to like the game and create the next generation of PvP'ers.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:12 am

LunarFog wrote:Creates a red orb above your character and a red ripple effect similar to Vow of Silence which makes enemies automatically lock onto you and unable to lock-off as long as you're within range. Lasts for 45 seconds.

This is an unattractive mixture of useless and infuriating.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:31 am

Good fresh meat should be seared quickly on both sides. Then moved over to the cold side of the fire to be cooked slow and low.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am

Like a lion cub in the bush I am gonna play with my food before I finally break its neck and watch the life slowly drain out of it whilst happily consuming it to satiate my hunger. I might even start with the legs first.. its always nice to have dramatic soprano accompany meal times.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

Like so.
    Hoping there's a gravelord type cov that works on NG.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll be giving everyone hugs and kisses... Right after I've used some poisonous lipstick and equipped my thorns set.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

I will treat them in accordance with the 4th Satanic Rule of the Earth.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Give 'em a nice, big Patches welcome: "There's some nice, shiny treasure down there...here, let me help you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 am