Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Mr. Tart
Halicarnassis
crbngville2
Tolvo
Forum Pirate
Looking Glass Mind
Onion Knight
Exalted Oreo
samster628
eminusx
Animaaal
GenericUsername
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
HereticForLife
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
twigsterxd
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
wretchedsausage
Eko
Werdax
GrinTwist
RANT
Encore
Dibsville
Sargerus
Soris Ice Goldwing
SadPanda
ICEFANG
Serious_Much
LunarFog
37 posters

How will you treat the fresh meat?

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How will you treat the fresh meat? Empty How will you treat the fresh meat?

Post by LunarFog Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Not only will Dark Souls 2 be a new game, but it will be the first in the Souls series to be treated as an "AAA game" that will be attracting Skyrim's fanbase(those casuls).  That means we'll be getting a whole LOT of weak people who don't know what they're doing.  

How will you treat these unfortunate, weak, defenseless souls?  

I'm still deciding..just kidding, I'm totally going to make a min-maxed assassin to kill all the low leveled newbies
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

How will you treat the fresh meat? Empty Re: How will you treat the fresh meat?

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Well I'll naturally give them a friendly sunbro helping hand.

If we have a duel, then I'll be just as bad due to lack of practise so i give no *** silly
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 pm

I remember I invaded someone once, I was looking everywhere for him, about 3 minutes in, he sent me a message:
    "Please leave my world"
    Assuming that he needed me to leave because, say, he needed to use the toilet, I was happy to do it, but I asked first,
    "Why?"
    "Because I'm new and I'll never be able to kill you".

So you know what I said?
    "Prepare to Die".
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm going to be the biggest ******* possible and destroy everyone with no mercy. Those who are fans of the series will respect the good challenge, and the casual Skyrim kiddies will think the game is too hard and sell it.

If possible, I'm going to make a twink as soon as possible, legit though. Just to invade the cashmere kids and show the fans of Souls what they can get farther in the game happy

Seems fair right?

EDIT: I'd duel obvious vets. with lesser weapons though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Same thing I am doing now: If I invade I kill by most means I want. If I want to be summoned I'll help. However the former will be about 80% of my time invading people. And beside I don't care what these new guys think of me.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:55 pm

The rookies must embrace pain and suffering as we did twisted
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm

A very Dark Souls welcome.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:08 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Same thing I am doing now: If I invade I kill by most means I want. If I want to be summoned I'll help. However the former will be about 80% of my time invading people. And beside I don't care what these new guys think of me.

I will do this.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 am

I don't like vading really, too easy most of the time, I am looking forward to a forest-y type of place to have fun.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:51 am

RANT wrote:I don't like vading really, too easy most of the time, I am looking forward to a forest-y type of place to have fun.

This is why I like doing assassins.  The thrill of stalking someone before they notice you, and knowing that you either kill him or risk almost certain death.  It's an amazing feeling.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 am

Face it will be easier to do a full on assassin now. I will make a dagger and knives only toon and murder players with no mercy.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:09 am

I'll invade as much as possible and if I find an area that is a huge challenge I might do a bit of co-op too.

The more I think about it the more I want the new blood on my clothes already.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 am

I can't wait to find what new ways you can kill someone. I hope it's still possible to lure the host into killing their own NPCs
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 am

I will leave myself available for summoning as often as possible. It will be fun and I'll be able to harvest a bit of souls, while I am at it. As for invasion, nobody ever showed me mercy when I was new to the game, but I eventually overcame the fools who entered my world uninvited, so I will mercilessly kill them. In a very strange way, I will do it for their own sake.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 am

If the new folks are expecting a warm welcome then they really chose the wrong game.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 am

Eko wrote:If the new folks are expecting a warm welcome then they really chose the wrong game.

I agree. I'll be going in guns a'blazing.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 am

The same way I treated new players when Dark Souls came out: like anybody else. There probably will be less new people this time relative to the total population, actually. Dark Souls PvP is vastly more popular than Demon's Souls PvP was, so there'll be plenty of experienced people invading and dueling @100/120. With Dark Souls's release the only dangerous people in Kiln were some Japanese players and maybe two dozen Demon's Souls players. Now there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people who actually know the ins and outs of PvP. Dark Souls 2 release is not going to be like Dark Souls's release with regards to PvP.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 am

I'm mostly interested in PvE, so I don't plan on starting invading any time soon after release. I even refuse to summon help for my first run. Maybe I'll do it offline, but then again, the messages and bloodstains (if there will be any) might be a big loss.
    That means if there will be PvP I will be hosting it. Any invader will meet with every dirty trick I know of and probably end up being dissapointed as I slip through the boss fog.
    If I get invaded, I'll asume the guy just rushed through the game and has some pretty OP gear, so trying to fight with my under-upgraded gear is pointless waste of time.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

HA HA you guys. This thread has me splitting my sides LOL
    I hope lunar, you're talking bout a month or 2 AFTER you've owned DkS2. Main reason I say this is,
    WE WILL ALL BE NOOBS!!!!! 
    Even tho I don't invade, I'll join the debate as an invader. Since I have NO idea how DkS2 is gonna play out, maybe the skyrim players will kick my arse lol.
    You guys are talking like you're a bunch of bad @$$es in pvp. But be reasonable, none of us are gonna be THAT good on the 1st day. Not tryin to be a jerk here, just sensible. 
    I'm a Demon Souls veteran like most of you, but, until i've owned DkS for at least 1 yr, I consider myself noob. DkS2 comes out, we all noobs.
    Personally, I'll lmao at the 1st person who says they were beat down by a noob from skyrim. It could happen.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:35 am

Depends on if they're douchebags or not.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

LunarFog wrote:just kidding, I'm totally going to make a min-maxed assassin to kill all the low leveled newbies
    Evil Lunar is evil.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am

They will be greeted with the crossbow dance. Then, as they bring up the dashboard to send me a message asking what in god's name I'm doing, I'll kick shoulder-slam them off a ledge.

Prepare to die, *****.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

I will do what I always did; assume all of my opponents are on equal footing as me and treat them with the respect that a good challenge deserves. If they are newbies and casual and just bad at the game, I will win and feel disappointed in the resulting unfulfilling victory, but I would never just assume my opponents to be bad, or hold my greater experience above them in an attempt to show my superiority.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:18 am

New meat?

Prepare to be tenderized!

Nah, just kidding. I'm not great at PvP so they'll have a fair fight against me most likely.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 pm

@Twigsterxd

Nah,  I already know how the gameplay works, so my skill level won't go down too much I'm assuming. I'll just be at that intermediate level where you know the basics, but not the depth of everything.  I say it'll take me about a week at the most to get a solid grip of things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm