Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
k0rruptid
Glutebrah
jjshowal
aceluby
strangejoy
LOLRagezzz
nsane32
Scudman_Slayer
Akatik
C7081
Deadmeat95
JY4answer
16 posters

How do you treat duelists that use buffs?

Poll

How do you treat duelists that use buffs?

[ 17 ]
    How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_lcap49%How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_rcap [49%] 
    [ 3 ]
    How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_lcap9%How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_lcap3%How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_lcap9%How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 11 ]
    How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_lcap30%How do you treat duelists that use buffs? I_vote_rcap [30%] 

Total Votes: 35
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How do you treat duelists that use buffs? Empty How do you treat duelists that use buffs?

Post by JY4answer Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm

I recently gave up on using the DMB buff as I was getting trolled so much while buffing. Some decent players wait, some throw knives, some run up and BS, some circle around the pllars at the Kiln forever, some one shot me with CSS. I got so fed up I switched to something else. Ended up being much happier. Not sure if its because there's no chance to be trolled, or people just treat you different.

I got so fed up I switched to Quelaag's fury sword, and actually kinda like it and did pretty well with it. Maybe people just underestimate this weapon? BS damage is kinda underwhelming though. The fire damage dealt is also kinda weak against full giants + mask, which means its not as effective against half the players everywhere :x
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How do you treat duelists that use buffs? Empty Re: How do you treat duelists that use buffs?

Post by Deadmeat95 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Thankfully I havnt had a bad experiences while buffing everyone I go against pretty much let's me buff as I allow them to do the same.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

How do you treat duelists that use buffs? Empty Re: How do you treat duelists that use buffs?

Post by C7081 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 pm

I allow them to buff and if I use a character capable of buffing I`ll do the same.
    If they don`t let me buff I die or switch to my secondary weapon.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Looks like you're going to need to change your sig
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 pm

True lol. I'll leave it for now.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 pm

i don't really buff too much (although on my katana build i do a lot of sunlgiht blade)

what i normally do when someone's buffing i just eat a grass so i can keep my stamina up
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 pm

recently people have not been as respectable but in the past you were allowed to buff stil a few in killing will allow you a chance
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm

I've only used a CMW build so far and I've had about 25% of duels so far where I get cheap shotted.

I've learned to activate my buff as they are entering, then we can bow if you do ^^
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't understand why people feel entitled to buff. Do you mind if I buff myself with great magic barrier when you buff with DMB? Are you going to charge at me when I'm jacked with inner strength, or are you going to do the intelligent thing and let me bleed out?

Anyway, I generally allow people to buff so as not to clutter my inbox with hatemail, but I'm not going to sit around and allow you to take the advantages of a buff without also dealing with its disadvantages (it's temporary and weak to GMB).
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 pm

So what do you do if you cast your buff and I cast great magic barrier, then cast power within, then cast sunlight blade? Are you just going to let me do that?
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Since I buff, I will let my opponent buff. I will never be angry when someone attacks me when I'm doing it though since it is basically casting a spell. It's totally different than bowing.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

aceluby wrote:So what do you do if you cast your buff and I cast great magic barrier, then cast power within, then cast sunlight blade? Are you just going to let me do that?

Exactly. A minor nitpick: I'm pretty sure you can't have gmb and power within active at the same time. But are people who rely on DMB and CMW cool with just standing around while I stack GMB and sunlight blade? I hope not.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I'd like to hear from those that buff. If you buff and expect to be allowed to do so w/out retaliation, are you going to wait while I cast 3 buffs on myself?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 pm

i stand still and let the person do what ever they want, once they start strafing i treat it as match started.

if they go for rebuffs during the fight, i use it to get some shots in obviously
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 pm

i voted go for back stab. i never actually back stab them, i just run behind them to mess with their mind.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 pm

I think it is fine if you use 1 buff, but after that I'll attack, one is good manners, sitting around while you power your guy with everything under the sun (GMB, blade buff, power within, eat some grass..) is just pure stupidity.

But if they're using a buff and I'm not, I am gonna be defensive until it wears out.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I usually have two weapons. I normally stand at a far distance as they approach me I'll bow grass and buff, but if they bow and I see they don't buff I switch weapons. Now if they try to buff once the match has started, anything goes. Same with healing I'm not a good PvP fighter, still working on the mechanics so, if the fight is good enough that I feel I can learn and practice I'll them heal once and I'll do the same but after that it's on.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm

I totally don't expect someone to wait for me to buff, after a bow the match should start. Just my opinion.
    Baynay
    Baynay

Post by Baynay Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:12 pm

jjshowal wrote:Since I buff, I will let my opponent buff. I will never be angry when someone attacks me when I'm doing it though since it is basically casting a spell. It's totally different than bowing.

same advice ! Also, it's part of your challenge, to try to cast it on the good time and safe spot, I won't blame my opponent if he's trying to rush me when I'm doing it.
    But I really don't like people who are just backpedaling behind their shield, or running around pillars like crazy, doing nothing else, waiting for my buff to go off. I can understand why, but hell, it's so boring.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think it is fine if you use 1 buff, but after that I'll attack, one is good manners, sitting around while you power your guy with everything under the sun (GMB, blade buff, power within, eat some grass..) is just pure stupidity.

Unless you hack you can only have 2 buffs active, 1 weapon buff and 1 self buff.

I let my opponent buff before the fight, but if he tries to buff again after the fight started, then I take that opertunity to attack. If they want to cast 2 buffs before the fight, then I'll let them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am