Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Exequim
Derpwraith
densetsushun
Railage
Myztyrio
WyrmHero
BartholomewWenceslas
Argetlam350
Slow Dog Noodle
Anonymous Proxy
crbngville2
Elifia
RANT
Sentiel
Carphil
19 posters

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 7 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I've made one of every class (excluding gladiator for no particular reason) and all of them are on some world along the lines of Midsgromar or something. My main character that I focused on is Bartholomew Wenceslas, a level 19 Pugilist. I'm a bit sad that I'll have to lose him after this phase
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 7 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 pm

JEALOUS JEALOUSS JEALOUS JEALOUS

I'm play ragnarok online II ATM which looks kinda like ffXIV (except less awesome) and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm hoping to plAy it in the coming weeks happy
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Serious! The XIV item database has started uploading info from phase 3.

http://xivdb.com/

1.5 million players in the first weekend of beta phase 3.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/16/naoki-yoshida-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-will-100-launch-on-august-27-1-5-million-players-in-beta/

600+ screenshots from beta phase 3!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abriael/sets/72157634138703041/
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Beta test Phase 3 weekend 2 schedule
    June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
    June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm

I guess now the question is do I stay up late on Thursday or wake up early on Friday. Decisions, decisions...
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 am

The new A Realm Reborn lodestone (a.k.a) the official community site is up now in beta.

There are tutorial guides, forums as well as a really handy character search function. It currently lists all the characters made from the first weekend of phase 3.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2244120/

It's me!
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 am

This one is me.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2083342/

Lol, I am such a newb (this is my 1st MMO). I have to say, I can't beleive how well done this game is. The huge amount of data that they have to keep up with and control really impresses me. Anyone that has lost faith in Square Enix over the last few years needs to take a good look at FFXIV ARR.

Wow!
    Slow Dog Noodle
    Slow Dog Noodle

Post by Slow Dog Noodle Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Me too crb. It's a bit of a challenge just to figure out how all this stuff works. I spent my 1st half hour of the test last weekend trying to figure out how to invert the camera controls. Ha ha. Loving the game so far though. I can't wait to play some more this weekend.

Does anybody know if we're able to keep these characters once the official game is realeased ini Aug? Or will we all have to start over?

Drop me a line. I dont have any friends yet; not even really sure what it means or how important it is to have some lol. I guess i'll figure it out someow.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2140513/
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Here's mine: http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1794856/ (Love that armor)

And Slow Dog, you won't be able to keep your characters from phase 3 for the official release, but you will be able to keep any characters you make in phase 4
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Foestriker's Tabard is badass!  I think I need to find some dye. My pink greaves aren't doing much for my masculinity points.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 am

@ Slow Dog Noodle

My PSN is in my sig line. Send a friend request and lmk that it is you. I will add you, and we can play together. I have at least 1 other friend (maybe 3) that are gonna play. We can all get together for some fun dungeon crawling.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I have a spare EU PS3 beta code for anyone who wants it. PM me here or on youtube if you want it.

EDIT: The code has now been claimed.
    Slow Dog Noodle
    Slow Dog Noodle

Post by Slow Dog Noodle Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Crb, will do. I'll try to find you this wknd.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 am

Finally gonna hit lvl 15 and go explore everything.
    I'm severely dissapointed at lot of things about this game, mostly related to combat and ability to play it solo.
    If S-E won't do something about the combat, like melee attacks hitting you from ridiculous range (15 meters and more), they won't see my money. Given the price they ask us to pay for this game, to get my hard earned cash, the game better be f*cking image of MMORPG perfection.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm

I'll be here at phase 4 and official launch. Might see some of you there. Probably won't though.

Also Sentiel if you don't like it, move on. It's pretty tiring seeing you complain endlessly on here about the game.

But anyway's the thread will probably die it's death now anyway seeing as it won't get updated.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OnionKnight881

I'll be here if anyone needs anything so feel free to message me or not.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm busy for a few days and suddenly I'm useless? Tough crowd bounce

My apologies if you don't feel I'm here enough, but RL always comes before here.

I'll update the OP with the dates, links and videos you've provided

Sadly still nothing from square, I'm rather disappointed, but oh well the open beta it is I guess.

Sentiel- I implore you that if you don't like the fact you can't single player it- goo play a single player game. Its made for multiplayer, you're not meant to solo it, and the combat is for an MMO. It's not gonna be be fancy, it's not gonna be skill reliant. Like every final fantasy and MMO, it's a numbers game. I'd really appreciate it if you stopped wailing on the game when you've had the beta and all you've done is complained but I've had nothing from square-enix. All I can say is they picked their testers wisely Shrug

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Initial $30 + subscription turns me a bit away from the game. But I'll see how it goes in open beta.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 am

Serious- I praised the game quite a lot as well, but you probably didn't see it. People tend to see only the negatives I post and ignore the possitives. Understandable. I know I complain about games a lot. It's mostly because most of the games are trash. If I play one game and it's good, I expect other games to be better, not worse. You hear me complain about Dark Souls, or Metal Gear? No. Cos the games are great! Not perfect, though. Nothing is. happy

There are people, like me, who enjoy playing multiplayer games for the added challenge and to play with living beings, instead of dumb NPCs, but also prefer to refrain from socializing with others. I played several MMORPGs and found tricks how to solo most of them. However only some of the cheap F2P games had as bad combat system as FF XIV, where attacks that visibly miss you by several meters still damage you, mobs have limited aggro range and if they get too far, they return to their starting point, while invulnerable and recover their HP. Also, there are quests that the game won't allow you to do without party. Most MMORPGs just recommend you to have a party, but let you go there anyway. I dislike being limited by the game in the things I can do. Especially since S-E wants so much money for the full game. The game better be friggin' perfect for all that cash.

I wanted to play the beta, because I wanted to see how good the game is before buying it. I'm glad I did tbh, because from what I spoke here with Onion, the game seemed exceptionally good, but most of the stuff proved to be wrong.

So far, the game is good, with one huge exception and that is it's combat. However the combat is essential part of the game. That's not only about soloing. My lady plays the white mage and I play the Gladiator. I tried playing as a mage and it's horrible. Spells are stiff, non-flexible. They're like in older FFs, but this one has real time combat, so the system is a bit old for this type of fighting. I can't pre-cast the spell, nor hold it after cating is finished, for example. Melee skills are useless. All they do is make a animation for more damage than usual attack. I got three such skills. All do the same thing. Just higher attack. there's no originality in here and heck it's not even on old FF level. So all you do is spam them until you run out of stamina, cos your basic attack is worthless.

For example in DCUO, your skills have not only bigger damage (not always though), but also additional effects, like lowering target defences, pulling the target towards/from you. Attacking the target from range with melee weapon (a shockwave slash of sorts). Self healing upon combo hit. Setting myself on fire, so I damage enemies by touch and MUCH more. And that's F2P game. If F2P has better combat options than a paid game then the paid game is a failure in my eyes. Not only that, but a game with the legendary name of Final Fantasy. Such game has to be much better than any F2P and should be at least on WoW level, not below it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Yet you're still here prattling on the same lines as weeks ago. We get it you don't like the combat, but it's got to the point of obsessive whenever you mention the game, you slagging off the combat system is guaranteed to appear somewhere in there.

Then again you're just  flatly misinforming people about melee combat. The skills all have a purpose and are not 'just higher damage attacks'

The gladiators skills are designed to draw attention away from the dps classes and healer. Skills like savage attack for single targets and flash for groups. 
    Lancers and pugilists skills are for chained combo's from behind or the sides of enemies for high damage.
    Whilst the marauder is a hyprid mix of dps whilst still being able to tank and so have combos as well as regen abilities. 

Also you keep implying I lied to you? I answered your questions to how the game plays. Not once did I say that it was like an action RPG in any shape or form. This is your misconception not anything I stated or implied.

Seriously it's the equivalent of me going into a random game thread here and moaning about a certain feature that's a deal breaker for me every time I post there and then act surprised when people say I am coming across as a broken record.

I'm out.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Don't like my prattling? I don't like the combat system. My prattling won't go away until the combat system gets "fixed". Sucks for you I guess. 

Misinforming people. I play the game, just like you and just report the stuff I see and don't like. None of what I wrote is misinformation.

I agree. Gladiator is a tank, however it fails at aggroing. Even after fourth use of Flash, I can't get the enemy's attention to shift to me from the healer. If I start to attack it, it still goes for the healer. I did this in many FATE events, or when trying to help someone in tough spot randomly, by going there and using Flash to aggro the enemy on me. Did not work even once. The rest of my attacks all do only bigger damage and one particular combo recovers a bit of my MP, which I don't use at all, since Flash is useless. So all the melee gets reduced to button mashing contests. 
    I was specifically talking about Gladiator and White Mage, none of the other clasees were mentioned as I didn't play as those yet. After I get to them, I will definitely come here to prattle again.

I did not say you lied to me. I am not a man who would imply, I would rather go straight out and say it. You may read between the lines all you want, but you waste our time by doing so. I asked you about several things, on top of those was ranged attacks with a bow. I was interested if I can snipe enemies from afar and use hit&run tactics, because this is a very easy way to deal even with a lot stronger enemy than you are. Being reliable only to lock-on to o this isn't such a problem, but doing so only from few meters of range is ridiculous. Damage is weak, enemies don't need ranged attacks as they can melee me from meters away and if I back away some 20-30 meters from their original position, they enter invulnerable state, fully recover their HP and return to their original position. Yes, every MMORPG has this, but not after 30 meters! In WoW, DCUO, RFO and many others I have to run away from the mob across half of the goddamn map for it to enter this state. Usual circle strafing isn't an option either thanks to f*cked up melee hit detection that allows melee to hit you even behind the enemy, or some distance away from it, as I already mentioned countless times.
    Whoops. Prattling again. silly

Seems pretty common appearance on the net. Although I'm far from surprised. I would be surprised if someone, not saying you, nor Serious, took their time and addressed my "prattling" with some insight and care. For example if someone would tell me that Gladiator's Flash is not working properly in the beta, I would no longer prattle about it. Just like if I was told that you can manually aim your bow from any distance upon pressing certain button, or learning certain skill. That. Responding to my complaints with ways to make them dissapear. That is what I want EVERY time I start to prattle about anything. Not only FF XIV related.
    However all I usually get is either being ignored, hated, or simply shunned for "prattling" about everyone's favourite game, with responses like "Stop hating on it", "Don't like it, don't buy/play it" et cetera. Which gets me one thing. Further hate for the game and possibly it's community and me ending up actually taking the second "advice" and not playing/buying the said game.

"I'm out?" You're leaving? Sorry, but you got your previous thread locked when someone started saying things you didn't like about the game. Each time I "prattle" you seem to dissapear for some time and now you think of leaving by saying "I'm out"?
    Not to say a bit childish, but hey it is. Writiing a response to someone's post and L2+R2 it? Low.
    I'd be gladly proven wrong though and even apologize if I misinterpretted your short, but self explanatory "I'm out". happy
    And if you really did leave. I wish you good luck and hope you will never run into another prattling guy like me. See ya. o/
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Sen I hope you understand how horrendous it is to hear people rip on the game when is kill to have been on the betas :razz:

Guess ill get my opinion next weekend though then
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 pm

You don't have the beta Serious?
    I had no idea! I'm sorry... sad
    I dunno why, or how I was chosen and I asumed that everybody who applied got picked up. 
    On the other hand, guys that "prattle" about every little thing are better testers than those blindly in love with the game. They tend to overlook flaws, their more grumpy counterparts gladly point out. Just sayin'... 

I don't remember beta phases, so I'm not sure when the open beta will start and I also think I can't share my beta key with you either. sad
    Hope the open phase starts soon though, so you can try it out for yourself. The game is nowhere as bad as you might gather from my posts. I'm just very hard to please, especially by big names like FF. I grew up on games like FF, so I want and expect them to be the very best and to overcome my wildest expectations. If they fails I get unreasonably dissatisfied about it and go went the steam on the net. 

I hope you'll love the game. happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I dunno either, ill look it up when I'm home.. Hopefully soon happy

Ill be one of those who blindly loves the game silly though if its terrible, I won't hold back on my opinions winking
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm

And I can't wait to hear them. I just hope you'll choose a different class than me and my lady, so I can get some input on the other classes. silly
    I'd do it myself, but I was recently reminded that all the work I do will be lost once beta ends, which kind of killed all my willpower to play the game.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 pm

What classes were you and your wench then?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 pm