Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Exequim
Derpwraith
densetsushun
Railage
Myztyrio
WyrmHero
BartholomewWenceslas
Argetlam350
Slow Dog Noodle
Anonymous Proxy
crbngville2
Elifia
RANT
Sentiel
Carphil
19 posters

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Empty Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Final-fantasy

Beta Details

Beta Phase 4 begins 8th August!

For PC : Priority list: FF XIV Legacy members.
    Square Enix account holders.
    Applicants on the beta site.

For PS3 : Priority list: Those who gained a Square Enix account code with their ORIGINAL LAUNCH DAY copy of FF XIII.
    Applicants on the beta site.

A Square Enix account is required for beta testing , however is not required for beta testing application.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information TVG-PS3-1859_04

Objectives of the test!

-Level Progression rebalance.
    -Battle system rebalance.
    -Crafting/Gathering rebalance.
    -User interface refinement.
    -Bug reporting/ fixing.
    -Version 1.0 character data importing. (For PC only.)
    -Server stress testing.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Final%20Fantasy%20XIV%206a

Beta Phases!

-Phase I: Legacy Members (PC only) (COMPLETED)
    -Phase II : Legacy Members and beta applicants (PC only) (COMPLETED)
    -Phase III : Legacy Members and beta applicants (PS3 and PC) (BEGINS JUNE 14th 2013)
    -Phase IV : Open beta (PS3 and PC)

Launch Details!

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn will be launching worldwide on PlayStation 3 and PC on August 27, 2013.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information News-story-24

Subscription fees/prices and preorder information here:

North American Prices:

EU and United Kingdom Prices:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn-screen-shot-3

Beta Testing Signup

apply here for beta testing (north america):

apply here for beta testing (europe):

As promised here is the beta sign up link! No rush as the closed beta entry is not based upon first come first serve.

Preview of the beta test so far: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/04/24/preview-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-early-beta-a-seedling-of-rebirth/
    More detailed beta information: http://www.ffxivinfo.com/beta.php

Hope to see you in the beta guys. Fell free to message me if you need any questions answered or wish to meet up in beta phase 3 or 4.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

What is A Realm Reborn?

In short A Realm Reborn is a reboot of the oddly wacky, unfinished and broken MMO Final Fantasy XIV. This is essentially a new game, so all perceptions and knowledge of XIV should be thrown out of the window.

Obviously due to the NDA Square-Enix has put on the early stages of the beta limits what I can reveal.

A Realm Reborn has a entirely new engine, overhauled the combat, crafting and questing mechanics as well as redesigning the world map. One thing is certain unlike XIV, A Realm Reborn is packed full of solo and group content.

The game still retains however from XIV the innovative armoury system.

Here is the official youtube channel for FFXIV, with updates from the developers and information about the game (some choice videos are in this thread already) https://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV?feature=watch

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Gaming-final-fantasy-xiv-real-reborn-environment-screenshot-4
    [size=18]What is the Armoury system?

The armoury system was the one bright spark amongst all the failed potential of XIV. It in essence means that you can change your class by re-equipping the weapon you are currently using. e.g changing your sword and shield (Gladiator class) to a spear (Lancer class)

So you are not limited to any one class at all.

It is however advisable to invest your exp you gain from leveling to stats that benefit your favourite role(s) however. (Min/Max 4lyf etc)

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-launching-in-winter-1098000

What Classes are in A Realm Reborn?

The combat classes in A Realm Reborn can be found here:
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/armoury

Jobs on the other hand are advanced combat classes that require a certain level to be reach with two classes. Info found here:
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/jobs

What Races are in A Realm Reborn?

Races range from the hulking Roegadyn to the tiny Lalafell. You can see the various races and sub-races here:
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/races

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information 20132805062947

Where do all these people live?

The land of Eorzea where these races reside , is a varied world of extremes of the deserts and canyons of Ul'Dah region, to the dense forests, caves and rivers of Gridania ; and last but not least the cliffs, rolling hills, harbours, peaceful countryside and beaches of Limsa Liminsa. Discover more and choose your homeland here:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/cities

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information FFXIV-Release-Date-Month-End

Crafting?
    Crafting and Gathering classes are also an important part of A Realm Reborn. Other players can repair and improve your armour to a better standard than NPC's. Food and potion crafting are also very important for dungeons and party combat. Finally all Crafting classes assist in building the players housing.
    Find out more here:
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/armoury/hand

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/armoury/land
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-7

I have the PS3 version can I still play with my friend who has the PC version?

In short : yes. A Realm Reborn has cross-platform servers allowing players from both versions of the game to play together on the same servers. So the community is all together in the same place.

On a side note this also means if you own both the PC and PS3 versions you can access your account from both, allowing you to play on both platforms with the same character.

[size=18]Q and A about FFXIV

Developers commentary- Full active time event: "Fates"

Developers Commentary- PS3 Showcase

Armour Showcase!

Dungeon Showcase

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at E3

Crystal's Call Trailer

Gameplay Videos- Ifrit challenge

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 am

Some useful links:

http://xivdb.com/ - Item daatbase for FFXIV. This will continue to expand as the beta progresses

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html - The official forums for account holders

http://massively.joystiq.com/category/the-mog-log/ - A blog containing information about FFXIV and it's betas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abriael/sets/72157634138703041/ -A ton of screen shots from Beta phase 3!

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:32 pm

:razz:

(not trying to bump. I swear)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 pm

pfft this **** doesn't need bumping because there's obviously

SOOOO MUCH INTEREST

in this game....

We might as well be playing pinball here lol!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I actually am interested in this. Well, in MMORPG on PS3. FF is something I gave up on and lost all hope for when S-E released FF XII-2.

I don't fully understand what happened in the previous topic. I just hope Onion Knight didn't close it because of something I wrote. sad

EDIT:
    I went to the official site and I think the game got me. ^^

I found out about these:

Miner
    Botanist
    Fisher
    Weaver
    Alchemyst
    Culinarian
    Leatherworker
    Armorer
    Goldsmith
    Blacksmith
    Carpenter

All of these sound like completely non-combat classes. I never met MMORPG with something like this.

I imagine, that when I get tired of farming and grinding, I will switch to another character, which has a smithy open in one of the cities and I can forge weapons for other players. That sounds amazing!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

i would play this but i hate all thi pay to play bs. i would go with the warrior, give me the biggest weapon and im good to go, the black mage looks awesome too though, i would name him vivi.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm

I would like to ask Onion Knight, if he's still hanging around here.

1. What seems to be the best way to solo so far?

2. How does bows and long range attacks (spells included) work? I'm mostly interested if I can manually aim spells and bows, to attack enemies out of their agrro range.
    A good example is a archer standing on top of a large rock, sniping enemies from afar. If these said enemies get close to the archer and only have melee, they can't attack the archer thanks to his higher elevation on top of the rock.
    Is this possible, or do I have to use some sort of lock-on system to use ranged attacks and enemies can damage me, even if their attack visibly misses me?

3. Is everybody capable of unlimited spell, or item healing, or are these somehow limited?

Thank you.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Sentiel wrote:I actually am interested in this. Well, in MMORPG on PS3. FF is something I gave up on and lost all hope for when S-E released FF XII-2.

I don't fully understand what happened in the previous topic. I just hope Onion Knight didn't close it because of something I wrote. sad

EDIT:

I found out about these:

Miner
    Botanist
    Fisher
    Weaver
    Alchemyst
    Culinarian
    Leatherworker
    Armorer
    Goldsmith
    Blacksmith
    Carpenter

All of these sound like completely non-combat classes. I never met MMORPG with something like this.

I imagine, that when I get tired of farming and grinding, I will switch to another character, which has a smithy open in one of the cities and I can forge weapons for other players. That sounds amazing!

I actually think he wanted it closed because of what I said. I didn't mean it that way, but he perceived it as antagonism. I apologised anyway, so I hope there's no hard feelings between me and him.

If ARR's class system is anything like the original, then every character is all classes at once. Every weapon simply has a class attached to it, so if you equip a different type of weapon, you're now a different class. You have both a character level and a level for each class. Your character level will advance all the time, while class levels only advance while playing as that class. There were also skills that you can only learn by playing a certain class, but can use as any class. I remember that in the original FFXIV I played as a pugilist (fist weapons dps class) and learned Second Wind, which was a very powerful self-heal. I could then use this while playing as a different class.

I imagine the easiest (if that's what you meant by best) way to solo would probably be playing as a tanky class, and getting skills like the Second Wind I mentioned earlier to increase your survivability even more.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I actually am interested in this. Well, in MMORPG on PS3. FF is something I gave up on and lost all hope for when S-E released FF XII-2.

EDIT:

I found out about these:

Miner
    Botanist
    Fisher
    Weaver
    Alchemyst
    Culinarian
    Leatherworker
    Armorer
    Goldsmith
    Blacksmith
    Carpenter

I actually think he wanted it closed because of what I said. I didn't mean it that way, but he perceived it as antagonism. I apologised anyway, so I hope there's no hard feelings between me and him.

If ARR's class system is anything like the original, then every character is all classes at once. Every weapon simply has a class attached to it, so if you equip a different type of weapon, you're now a different class. You have both a character level and a level for each class. Your character level will advance all the time, while class levels only advance while playing as that class. There were also skills that you can only learn by playing a certain class, but can use as any class. I remember that in the original FFXIV I played as a pugilist (fist weapons dps class) and learned Second Wind, which was a very powerful self-heal. I could then use this while playing as a different class.

I imagine the easiest (if that's what you meant by best) way to solo would probably be playing as a tanky class, and getting skills like the Second Wind I mentioned earlier to increase your survivability even more.
    Tank clases have high Defences and high HP, but they have low Attack. I prefer the opposite. High Attack and relying on hit and run tactics and my own skills to survive. Not every game allows that, especially with their extremely cheap hitboxes, which enable attacks to hit even while they miss their intended target by meters. That's why I used that example with archer on a stone. It would really irk me to see a wolf bite that stone, but I get damage, or a rat scratch me from ten meters etc.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Sentiel in FF though tanks have always had high, HP, attack and defence but weak as **** magic and slow.. So I do reckon tanks will be a really easy character to use.

If I get this i wanna have an interesting character.. Maybe a tidus sort of support/time magic and good attack/speed hybrid. That would be fun to play as I reckon

It depends how viable it is going into hybrid classes though, as I dunno if doing that would mean I'd have to spend even more time playing to keep my head above the water- which i don't have crying
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 pm

I said best, not easy. I don't know what makes you think that best = easy.

Not only in FF had tanks high HP and defences. What I prefer is high attack and evasion. However the evasion part is often extremely problematic, especially in MMORPGs.
    That's why I asked those questions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm

I just said easy because I think that playing as a tank is easy silly

I know sentiel, obviously other things have 'tanks' in :razz: it's just in FF traditionally they have an incredibly weighty attack too.

Yeah evasion is always a tricky one.. I bet there will be ways to specialise in a high attack/evasion class like a berzerker
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Again, I didn't mean that Serious. Please read the example I gave in one of my previous questions.

As for the general evasion, same as blocking with a shield, I expect nothing less than standard, cheap % system. Like, you got 35% chance of blocking enemy attack with your shield and 6% chance of completely evading it (miss above your head with sword in your abdomen).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah the archer on a rock... That is an interesting example..

Thing is, will the let you get on top of a rock?

Sure, i think they'll let you walk your way up to a hill and snipe from there, but climbing scenery I doubt.. So if you're on a hill, and they can't attack you they wont be able to hit you, but as for just being on a rock, i doubt it..

Have you played much final fantasy before sentiel?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Sentiel wrote:I said best, not easy. I don't know what makes you think that best = easy.

Not only in FF had tanks high HP and defences. What I prefer is high attack and evasion. However the evasion part is often extremely problematic, especially in MMORPGs.
    That's why I asked those questions.

Well, what do you think makes something 'the best' for soloing? I interpret that as 'easiest'. I guess it could also mean 'kills fastest'. The problem is that 'best' is a very subjective term. Many things aren't outright better than something else, just different. If I understand correctly, what you want is a glass cannon + the ability to evade attacks using skill. But that's something I personally wouldn't consider solo-friendly at all.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

I don't think he's exactly looking for the "path of least resistance" elifia :razz: I think his build would be fun but a bit of a challenge, I'm sure the masochists here who love souls will enjoy souls will all understand that perspective!

btw apologies for referring to you as male in the other thread, I had no idea (after all, you just presume on a site like this till informed otherwise)
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't think he's exactly looking for the "path of least resistance" elifia :razz: I think his build would be fun but a bit of a challenge, I'm sure the masochists here who love souls will enjoy souls will all understand that perspective!

btw apologies for referring to you as male in the other thread, I had no idea (after all, you just presume on a site like this till informed otherwise)

Aye, I understand now that he wasn't looking for that. That's usually what people want when they ask such a question though (or at least for as far as I have seen so far).

About the gender thing, don't worry, no offence taken. You shouldn't just assume someone is male though, especially when they have a female name and avatar (not to mention that my profile here explicitly states that I'm female). Remember, there are plenty of females on these forums, most notably our master, Fex.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Oh I know about fex, i've no mind to cross her in the future silly

Btw i didn't know elifia was a female name, call me ignorant but i've never heard it before.. though after you said it makes sense haha. And well, I'm not gonna talk about avatars- you've seen how some guys put theirs :razz:

ANYWAYS back to FFXIV- what kinda class you thinking about using? (if you play this that is)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Yeah the archer on a rock... That is an interesting example..

Thing is, will the let you get on top of a rock?

Sure, i think they'll let you walk your way up to a hill and snipe from there, but climbing scenery I doubt.. So if you're on a hill, and they can't attack you they wont be able to hit you, but as for just being on a rock, i doubt it..

Have you played much final fantasy before sentiel?
    Jump on it. Or are you telling me players cannot jump?

Sniping from a hill is pointless. In typical MMORPG, there is always a huge number of enemies, or a single enemy with huge HP pool. Unless my DPS is far higher than it should be, I have no chance of eliminating my opposition in time and so they will get on the hill and attack me sooner, or later. The rock is better, any steep, unwalkable, indestructible elvation point. Most enemies can't jump there to reach me and will just keep attacking the rock, or whatever it is I'm standing on, dealing me no damage at all, thus enabling me to fight them safely indefinitely. Cheesing them, if you will. It may not be "fair", but such exploits are vital for soloing, not to mention that being "fair" in PvE is kinda dumb. Unless they program AI that can send hatemail. big grin

All, except for FF III, which wasn't released in EU and anything post FF XIII. Only one of them, which can be remotely compared to MMORPG, in terms of mechanics is FF XII. The game was horribly boring when it came to combat though. The usual crap when I visibly shoot my enemy, but the game says it missed. To those, I say f*ck you and turn them off. Now at least, back then, I didn't care so much. All I was thinking about is how the game has a huge pile of sh*t instead of a story I was used to from previous FFs. My standards went up. If I am to invest my money into a game, I want the game to be as much to my liking as possible, which is rarer and rarer by the day. I blame Souls with it's near perfect melee combat system for this.

As far as I know, FF XIV doesn't have combat arena based fights, like canon FFs, so there's that too.

Elifia wrote:Well, what do you think makes something 'the best' for soloing? I interpret that as 'easiest'. I guess it could also mean 'kills fastest'. The problem is that 'best' is a very subjective term. Many things aren't outright better than something else, just different. If I understand correctly, what you want is a glass cannon + the ability to evade attacks using skill. But that's something I personally wouldn't consider solo-friendly at all.

Best option for solo, is a character, with high enough attack to make up for being alone, even at the cost of lowered defences, as long as the character has a way to make up for it. Evasion move with invincibility frames. Shield with block on demand, not % reliant. Ability to jump and use surroundings as cover. Capable of self healing, self buffing and capable of dealing all forms and types of damage, even if weaker than classes specializing in them, or with fewer available skills.

Evasion/blocking is better than high defences. I think, as Dark Souls PvPers, we will agree on this, right? So if I don't need defences, why not put the points into attack instead? But all of this really depends on the ability to evade/block attacks.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't know about whether you can jump or not, but as you know no other final fantasies use a jump system, though FFX-2 had a couple climbing mechanics so maybe those get used

Thing is with a rock- if it's small enough for you to climb on, logically any enemy would be able to just attack upwards as you were on the rock? I mean if you could just jump up, you would get attacked anyway, and it would be pointless.

Also I just wanna point out the funny fact that you dont want enemies to hit you on a rock when it's cheesy to expect that silly
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Sentiel wrote:All, except for FF III, which wasn't released in EU and anything post FF XIII. Only one of them, which can be remotely compared to MMORPG, in terms of mechanics is FF XII.

Evasion/blocking is better than high defences. I think, as Dark Souls PvPers, we will agree on this, right?

Not FF XI, you know, the actual MMO?

As a Dark Souls PvPer, yes, I'm inclined to agree. As a WoW veteran, noooo. High defence stats all the way. It depends on the game really. Most MMOs don't really focus on evading attacks.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Stupid warrior who gets hurt and makes the healer focus you instead of tank, killing whole party FTW!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:08 pm

I'd like to take up the healers time, you know

I just like to feel loved, and love comes in the form of green numbers lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm