Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Share
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 am

    Serious_Much wrote:I don't know about whether you can jump or not, but as you know no other final fantasies use a jump system, though FFX-2 had a couple climbing mechanics so maybe those get used

    Thing is with a rock- if it's small enough for you to climb on, logically any enemy would be able to just attack upwards as you were on the rock? I mean if you could just jump up, you would get attacked anyway, and it would be pointless.

    Also I just wanna point out the funny fact that you dont want enemies to hit you on a rock when it's cheesy to expect that silly
    I don't even try to compare XIV to other canon FFs. They're far too different. Instead of FFs, I try to compare XIV to other MMORPGs. Doesn't really matter if it's FF, or WoW.

    I really don't know if I'm explaining something wrong...
    Alright, let's use Dark Souls example.
    You know the Black Knight in Burg? If you agrro it and return to the small plaza, you can climb a ladder to the place with three firebomb throwing undead and shoot the Black Knight from there. That Black Knight can't hurt you there and can't climb up either. That sort of scenario is what I'm talking about.

    In many MMORPGs the system is made cheap and if you do something like this, the enemy is still attacking you, even though it visibly misses you thanks to distance and elevation. What I wanted to know is, if XIV has direct hitbox damage, or clasic MMORPG crap where the enemy can melee attack you without visibly hitting you.

    Typical MMORPG example is when you just run through an area and some random wolf bites the air in the place where you were three seconds ago, obviously missing you and you still get the damage. Not talking about lag.

    Elifia wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:All, except for FF III, which wasn't released in EU and anything post FF XIII. Only one of them, which can be remotely compared to MMORPG, in terms of mechanics is FF XII.

    Evasion/blocking is better than high defences. I think, as Dark Souls PvPers, we will agree on this, right?

    Not FF XI, you know, the actual MMO?

    As a Dark Souls PvPer, yes, I'm inclined to agree. As a WoW veteran, noooo. High defence stats all the way. It depends on the game really. Most MMOs don't really focus on evading attacks.
    No, not FF XI. Even though it has a number, I don't consider it canon. Never played it, don't regret it.

    That's basically what I want. A MMORPG with Souls level of combat. If XIV has crappy collisions for attacks I might have to have high defences, or will be forced to abbandon soloing completely. If not the whole game for that matter.

    Carphil wrote:Stupid warrior who gets hurt and makes the healer focus you instead of tank, killing whole party FTW!
    Why do you have someone like that in your party in the first place?


    Last edited by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 am

    Sentiel surely though then you're the one being cheap as is real life they'd just reach up and stab you? I mean it's a bit ridiculous when stuff liek that happens just because the animations on a game are limited, but thats just my opinion i guess


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am

    Serious_Much wrote:Sentiel surely though then you're the one being cheap as is real life they'd just reach up and stab you? I mean it's a bit ridiculous when stuff liek that happens just because the animations on a game are limited, but thats just my opinion i guess
    As I explained, when soloing a game that is intended for team play, you have to use every exploit and advantage to your disposal. Using elevation and surroundings as a cover from enemy attacks is a perfectly viable strategy.

    If the enemy can reach up and stab me, I am fine with it. If the enemy is unable to do so and will instead attack my cover, yet I still receive damage, you may call it ridiculous, I call it a poorly made game, thus don't play it. I want the devs to actually work against players, that use tactics like these and not just take the easy way out by stretching hitboxes.


    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:05 am

    So what you're telling me is that a game letting players use exploits to win is okay, but when the AI has stuff to avoid explits it's not ok?


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:15 am

    I'm asking about hitboxes in FF XIV, if it wasn't clear enough from my previous three posts. It will probably be faster to wait for the Beta, than to seek answer here, as it seems so far.

    To answer your question. If AI can avoid and fight against player exploits, it's perfectly fine with me and I actually encourage it, because it makes the game more challenging. However I wasn't talking about AI, but about poorly made game mechanics, which fight these exploits, instead fo the actual enemy AI.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 am

    Yeah sentiel as I said in the OP I have no idea about the mechanics of the game, I only took over the thread because the other OP was pissed off people kept criticising the game.

    Though if he comes in here, ask him, he's already playing the Beta


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:27 am

    Yes. I did aim the questions at Onion Knight, in case he comes around.
    I still don't get what happened in the previous thread, even after reading it. :/

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am

    I think it's best not to worry about it.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:07 am

    Sentiel wrote:I would like to ask Onion Knight, if he's still hanging around here.

    1. What seems to be the best way to solo so far?

    2. How does bows and long range attacks (spells included) work? I'm mostly interested if I can manually aim spells and bows, to attack enemies out of their agrro range.
    A good example is a archer standing on top of a large rock, sniping enemies from afar. If these said enemies get close to the archer and only have melee, they can't attack the archer thanks to his higher elevation on top of the rock.
    Is this possible, or do I have to use some sort of lock-on system to use ranged attacks and enemies can damage me, even if their attack visibly misses me?

    3. Is everybody capable of unlimited spell, or item healing, or are these somehow limited?

    Thank you.

    1) Gladiator and Archer are the best solo classes.

    2) You can target enemies from range and fire in the first shot or spell.
    Most enemies also have ranged attacks of their own to counter yours if
    you're at a higher elevation.

    3) Basic spells are available for everyone. But advanced spells are
    reserved for the appropriate magic class.
    Spells casts are tied to your MP bar. They along with items also have a
    cool-down of about 2 seconds currently but that may well change.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 am

    Serious_Much wrote:Yeah the archer on a rock... That is an interesting example..

    Thing is, will the let you get on top of a rock?

    Sure, i think they'll let you walk your way up to a hill and snipe from there, but climbing scenery I doubt.. So if you're on a hill, and they can't attack you they wont be able to hit you, but as for just being on a rock, i doubt it..


    You can jump up onto scenery. If you check out the gameplay videos in the info section you can see Yoshida jumping up on top of boxes and rocks pretty regularly.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 am

    Onion Knight wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I would like to ask Onion Knight, if he's still hanging around here.

    1. What seems to be the best way to solo so far?

    2. How does bows and long range attacks (spells included) work? I'm mostly interested if I can manually aim spells and bows, to attack enemies out of their agrro range.
    A good example is a archer standing on top of a large rock, sniping enemies from afar. If these said enemies get close to the archer and only have melee, they can't attack the archer thanks to his higher elevation on top of the rock.
    Is this possible, or do I have to use some sort of lock-on system to use ranged attacks and enemies can damage me, even if their attack visibly misses me?

    3. Is everybody capable of unlimited spell, or item healing, or are these somehow limited?

    Thank you.

    1) Gladiator and Archer are the best solo classes.

    2) You can target enemies from range and fire in the first shot or spell.
    Most enemies also have ranged attacks of their own to counter yours if
    you're at a higher elevation.

    3) Basic spells are available for everyone. But advanced spells are
    reserved for the appropriate magic class.
    Spells casts are tied to your MP bar. They along with items also have a
    cool-down of about 2 seconds currently but that may well change.
    1. As expected. Archer sounds about right for me. ^^

    2. Very nice touch with the enemies. Kudos.
    What do you mean by "first shot"?
    Similarly to using a bow in Dark Souls. Can I aim my ranged weapon, or spell manually, or do I have to use a lock-on feature?

    3. That exceeded my expectations. Does that mean that even non magical class, like the Archer, for example, can use some basic spells?

    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

    Sentiel wrote:
    1. As expected. Archer sounds about right for me. ^^

    2. Very nice touch with the enemies. Kudos.
    What do you mean by "first shot"?
    Similarly to using a bow in Dark Souls. Can I aim my ranged weapon, or spell manually, or do I have to use a lock-on feature?

    3. That exceeded my expectations. Does that mean that even non magical class, like the Archer, for example, can use some basic spells?

    2. By first shot I meant you can aim and shot arrows or spells before they aggro. You use the lock on feature currently. However the range is pretty far out and dependent on the class. (Archer has furthest lock on range e.t.c)

    3. Yes, but it's not really that effective unless you level up the 'mind' stat since spell power is tied to a magic (a.k.a mind) stat like in Dark Souls.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am

    Onion Knight wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    1. As expected. Archer sounds about right for me. ^^

    2. Very nice touch with the enemies. Kudos.
    What do you mean by "first shot"?
    Similarly to using a bow in Dark Souls. Can I aim my ranged weapon, or spell manually, or do I have to use a lock-on feature?

    3. That exceeded my expectations. Does that mean that even non magical class, like the Archer, for example, can use some basic spells?

    2. By first shot I meant you can aim and shot arrows or spells before they aggro. You use the lock on feature currently. However the range is pretty far out and dependent on the class. (Archer has furthest lock on range e.t.c)

    3. Yes, but it's not really that effective unless you level up the 'mind' stat since spell power is tied to a magic (a.k.a mind) stat like in Dark Souls.

    2. Being lock-on dependant is kinda letdown, but it is to be expected I guess.

    3. This really depends on available spells and enemies.
    For example, I don't need high Magic to cast a spell that cures Poison. Just like I don't need high damage to cast a Fireball, if my intention is to only put the target on fire.
    It's mostly spells like these...utility spells, if you will, that I'm interested in. Some at least slightly damaging spells, for enemies that are immune, or extremely resistant to physical attacks would be nefty as well.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 am

    Won't they just be using the usual -/ra/ga/ja system for magic...?

    It'll depend what kinda utility spells you'd want sen, seeing as stuff like bio (poison magic) has always been attributed to black mages and such.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 am

    I won't ask for Esuna type of spells, as it should be exclusive to White Mages, but perhaps a Panacea type. If I have 2 second cooldown on items usage, unless the cooldown is shared for both items and spells and unless I somehow rack up a good amount of Elixir type of items. It would be better to split cooldown that Items heal HP and spells heal debilitations.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 am

    Yeah I feel they'll keep the status curing things to white mages too, otherwise players would just buy a dumb amount of potions and learn all the status cure spells and white mages would be fairly irrelevant... after all stuff like protect is just a luxury


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am

    Not really. I only meant low class curative spells and for debilitations only. Nothing can compete with Esuna and Curaga of a pure White Mage.

    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Yeah I feel they'll keep the status curing things to white mages too, otherwise players would just buy a dumb amount of potions and learn all the status cure spells and white mages would be fairly irrelevant... after all stuff like protect is just a luxury

    That's what happened in XIV. But now the basic white and black magic spells have been nerfed heavily. So now conjurers and white mages are pretty much guaranteed to be used as a class and job much more often.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 46
    Location : West of the Void, Xanth

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by crbngville2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 am

    The more I see and hear about this, the better it sounds. I have never done an MMO b4, so this will be my 1st (have already pre-ordered from Amazon). Very excited here. If anybody came offer me any tips for a 1st time player, I would appreciate it. I normally prefer to play an archer in RPG's, so please offer advice with that in mind.


    _________________
    FTW Fury Sword Hoody Ninja Biatch - SL 126 Dual Wield Dex Toon
    PSN: crbngville
    Member of both the DeS and DkS Platinum Cookie Clubs!
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 am

    crbngville2 wrote:The more I see and hear about this, the better it sounds. I have never done an MMO b4, so this will be my 1st (have already pre-ordered from Amazon). Very excited here. If anybody came offer me any tips for a 1st time player, I would appreciate it. I normally prefer to play an archer in RPG's, so please offer advice with that in mind.

    Archer is a pretty easy and fun class to play. You can attack from range, different elevations of height and kite pretty effectively. Archer as a class is probably the best dps class in the game at the moment so soloing with an archer is very effective.

    You may want to bear in mind that the job the archer can develop into is bard which is more of a buffing class with a bit of dps. So be prepared for a gear change if you want to focus on an archer/bard character.

    Also investing the points you acquire from levelling into stats that benefit you character (like in Dark Souls) is a must.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 46
    Location : West of the Void, Xanth

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by crbngville2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 am

    Thanks, Onion Night. The archer/bard path is right up my alley (like Leliana from DAO, correct?). Hopefully, I won't have to solo very much. I have some really good friends that will probably buy this as well (all of us with an eye at playing together)


    _________________
    FTW Fury Sword Hoody Ninja Biatch - SL 126 Dual Wield Dex Toon
    PSN: crbngville
    Member of both the DeS and DkS Platinum Cookie Clubs!
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

    crbngville2 wrote:Thanks, Onion Night. The archer/bard path is right up my alley (like Leliana from DAO, correct?). Hopefully, I won't have to solo very much. I have some really good friends that will probably buy this as well (all of us with an eye at playing together)

    If you're grouping then being a bard is great (and necessary in dungeons.) It does really important group buffs like haste. e.t.c

    I just mentioned soloing since a lot of people here seem to favour it.



    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Onion Knight on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 pm

    Oh and also to anyone playing on the PS3 version exclusively (I think that's the majority of people here.) I would strongly recommend (unless you feel like giving yourself repetitive strain injury or arthritis by using your controller to type) getting this:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CECHZK1GB-PS3-Wireless-keypad/dp/B001LF3K1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370530789&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+keypad

    It's about £20 or $30 on amazon (whichever version you use). Although you could just buy a usb keyboard I think personally that it will be much more intuitive and easy to use the keypad while playing.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm

    Hey onion seeing as time magic was what I wanted to have my guy get proficient in.. Can you be a bard but use like a sword/gun/spear/anything other than a bow? Or would that just not work?


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 46
    Location : West of the Void, Xanth

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by crbngville2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

    Onion Knight wrote:Oh and also to anyone playing on the PS3 version exclusively (I think that's the majority of people here.) I would strongly recommend (unless you feel like giving yourself repetitive strain injury or arthritis by using your controller to type) getting this:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CECHZK1GB-PS3-Wireless-keypad/dp/B001LF3K1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370530789&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+keypad

    It's about £20 or $30 on amazon (whichever version you use). Although you could just buy a usb keyboard I think personally that it will be much more intuitive and easy to use the keypad while playing.

    Thanks for the tip Onion. I already have one of those.


    _________________
    FTW Fury Sword Hoody Ninja Biatch - SL 126 Dual Wield Dex Toon
    PSN: crbngville
    Member of both the DeS and DkS Platinum Cookie Clubs!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 am