Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I'm selling a Guild Wars account?

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm selling a Guild Wars account? Empty I'm selling a Guild Wars account?

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 pm

I just checked my email and found this.

Email:

The problem is I never had a guild wars account. Is there someone at this site that I can Email to get this cleared up?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

I'm selling a Guild Wars account? Empty Re: I'm selling a Guild Wars account?

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:51 pm

I would attempt to help you, but whenever I try to click on the link, nothing happens. sad
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 pm

The first link is the email address it cam from, but it has noreply in the name, so I don't think I can reply to it. The second link is an account login.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm

I attempted to gain access to the website, but an error occurred every time I tried, sorry. sad
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

The link seems to be tempermantal. If I click it from my post or copy the link I get an error. If I click the link from my Email I go to this site. http://account.guildwars2.com.huixinghulian.info/
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:23 pm

This seems to be a problem that I can't solve, as all it did was tell me to sign in, which must have been your problem.

I truly don't see why this has happened.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm

^ That's where I go when I click the link in the Email. I go straight to that sign in screen, but that doesn't help me because I don't have an account.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 pm

I'd just ignore it. Think that they can't actually do anything to you, considering it's not even your account anyway.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm

http://account.guildwars2.com.huixinghulian.info/

If you state that you've never had a Guildwars account, don't bother and ignore the email. Especially if you see that.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm not very good with domain names. Does that mean this email is a phising attack?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Hell, it could be.

In fact, I got a warning when I went on the link that the site has a phishing alert on it. It's quite likely.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Ignore it and move on would be my advice.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Who do I email to report this phising attack?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I genuinely have no idea, sorry. sad
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Well, first off I guess you could report it to Google provided you have a Gmail and if you don't, you can report to whichever one is your E-mail carrier.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah, I got the alert on Chrome, so I agree with Pendant.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm

I agree with Pendant, report it to your email provider and they'll add the email to their phishing filter. In general, marking it as spam does the trick. Otherwise, ignore it and move on.

With regards to domains, companies only keep a handful of domains for their official purposes, usually ends with a tld(.com/.org, etc). Phishing scams will attempt to emulate this as closely as possible, like legitimate.domain.com.examplephishing.domain. When you click the link, the webpage will look authentic so you won't doubt it, but other than the domain name giving it away.

Another way to see whether or not it's a phishing scam is that most websites nowadays require HTTPS to sign in. This means that there's a certificate to prove the authenticity of the website, which phishers don't have. In case they do, modern browsers allow you to see what the certificate is and who it's signed to.

In case they fake it by using the HTTPS certificate of the authentic website, Chrome(I can't tell you if other browsers do this) will tell you this website is pretending to be the authentic one and warn you it might be a phishing scam. Close the website at that instance(unless you know 100% that it's a trustworthy site and the IT admins are idiots, like my school using the same certificate registered for webmail..nl for student..nl)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 pm