Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Guild wars 2 sucks

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Guild wars 2 sucks Empty Guild wars 2 sucks

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah, just that. The PvE it's not as fun as it should be, the main story quests are fine, compared to the usually boring "kill x amount of guys" secondary quests. I have to admit though that dynamic events perform perfectly and are very fun. But that's it.

Almost no feel of character development because skills are decided by your weapon, and using a new weapon by just 10 minutes unlocks all the skills. There aren't many weapon types either. You can develop with skill points secondary skills which aren't a big deal either.

Finally PvP, at least the structured PvP which I played, it's plain boring, because skills aren't very fun to use, PvP just ends up being smash button fights. Character development is near to non-existant here because well, because anyone can access PvP at any point at any level, everyone has the same starting gear and has a lvl 80 character. So what's the point of leveling in PvE, considering it's not fun, if anyways you're 80 already in PvP? It's just... boring.

Professions, well, I just tried Armsman and the one that makes heavy armors, and the lack of an actual tutorial frustrated me a bit. Yeah you can ask him questions about the process, but without actually doing it with guidance makes it hard to guess what you have to do in order to acquire the resources needed to make things. No motivation either, and while it not may be the actual truth, I feel that the professions in this game are presented way too complicated both actual needed actions and UI wise; compared to say, World of Warcraft.

It really sucks.

Final note: why the hell doesn't necromancer have the ability to, you know, be actual necromancers? They can't summon army of deaths. Almost all the people I fought in PvP are hypnotizers/illusionists (whatever they are called) or necromancers. And frankly is seriously disappointing how necromancers are, me coming from Diablo 2: LOD, that's the perfect idea of necromancers, which this game doesn't provide.

Could someone that actually played Guild Wars 2 and loves it, tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? Or at least why do you like what I described? Because currently, I feel I wasted 60 dollars.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Guild wars 2 sucks Empty Re: Guild wars 2 sucks

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm

no one? I guess I was right thinking I wasted 60 dollars.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 am

last bump before I declare myself correct silly, I don't want to admit I wasted 60 dollars sad
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 am

Get a refund.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:Get a refund.

How's that even possible? I bought it more than a week ago, I won't get a refund, or it's still possible? Also I already played the game quite some time.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm

It does a lot of elements right in PvE .
    But I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone who hasn't got any friends to play it with them. With people you know playing both PvE and PvP becomes ridiculously fun, no matter what your skill level.
    It is the first RPG game in years where I forgot about character build progression and just logged on to have a laugh with my friends.
    7/10 solo.
    7.5/10 in a good friendly guild.
    8.5/10 with friends.
    D3CRON
    D3CRON

Post by D3CRON Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I love guild wars 2, but I do admit if you don't have a steady group that is online whenever you are it can get quite boring if you maxed out your gear. Needs more endgame. Some more hard achievements that give a nice title or item, but actually hard to achieve could help a lot.

I'm loving the combat system tho. You really don't have a "omg OP noob" build or oneshot mechanics (thief it's backstab can be avoided). The free new content was a flop in my eyes. A nice event, but really not much to do on the island after that. I hope they bring out some new legit content which drives you to actually spend quite a bit of time there. I think they are eventually forced to bring out an expansion pack soon (this year or early next year).

All by all a good MMO to spend some time in. Imo not really for the 'hardcore' crowd. Even the Tpvp can be succesfull when played casual.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 am

It's all a matter of opinion. I like the game a lot in that there's a big variety in the way you can play, unlike many mmos i've played in the past, which, while offering different kind of ways to play, in the end just pushes you towards one direction. As for each weapon skill, i like unlocking them quickly. There are still skills to unlock when you level up, although you've got access to all at level 30, i believe, which is kinda low. The PVP, i can agree, isn't the most fun, although i don't think the idea of pushing you towards 80 right away is necessarily bad. I used to play a game known as Requiem: Memento Mori, a horror based mmo. There was Server vs Server, which you played what level you were at, regular pvp with level brackets ex. 1-25 26-50 or something along those lines, and the bigger and more opened up pvp which had bases that needed to be captured. This game was split into 2 different kinds of gameplay, one which pushes you into max level right away, along with balanced out gear you can BUY for FREE to carry in your bags for it, and the regular one that was the same kind of game, minus the max level and balanced gear.

Speaking of the Necromancer, i do agree with you, it does not fully promise what the name suggests, although i don't dislike the class, but rather like it a lot when i use staves. I'm in love with AoEs. cheers

Back on topic, i do agree with you, Necromancers would need the ability to be more Necromancer like in gameplay, or a change of name.

Like i said, it's all about opinion. Also keep in mind, the first few things you experience shape your opinion. From what i've understood, perhaps you didn't have such a good first experience, i don't know, but i did, and i love it so far, although i miss Requiem: Memento Mori.

To answer your question though; Why do i like it?

Because it's different. It's a change of gameplay, compared to the usual mmos i play. I enjoy the events, as well as the jump puzzles etc.

I can however say, that the christmas event was HORRIBLE and it didn't feel friendly at all towards each and every player, but rather just the average player that had access to a guild and/or friends. HATED IT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am