Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Serious_Much
Emergence
DoughGuy
BLA1NE
befowler
WyrmHero
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
12 posters

White Seance Ring

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

White Seance Ring Empty White Seance Ring

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 am

Don't know if this has been discussed before but if there is a section of the game where the Darkmoon Seance Ring can be used is there a place to use the White Seance Ring (or both at the same time). And going out on a bit of a limb here a possible use for the Pendant?

Feel free to shut my day dreaming down.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

White Seance Ring Empty Re: White Seance Ring

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 am

I've actually been checking, I wear that damn thing all the time on my Faith character, so far no luck.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 am

No one has found the use for the pendant other than trade it with Snuggly or feed it to Frampt for 1000 Souls. Some guys say its just to make the game more difficult at the beginning, I say theres more to it, because Old Witch Ring only use is to talk to Quelaags Sister, you could choose it a the beginning and make your game difficult too.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Given the desc I was thinking it would do something in the Parish (maybe at the altar?) but haven't noticed anything. Maybe need to wear the maiden set a la Reah
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't really think armour makes a difference to how the game would react to you but you may be on to something with the parish. After reading Acidic Cooks many theories on the female statues scattered around Lordran I'm sure there is something that White Seance Ring can do.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Is there a thread with his theories on the female statues? There are definitely some in Anor Londo that look suspicious. I horsed around in the Parish re white seance but didn't find anything interesting. It's funny, the gargoyle bell tower is back far enough that you could think there's other rooms below it, but who knows.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 pm

The otherday while I was in the Parish I actually saw orange soapstone mark on the group next to the left side of that statue where the wall looks suspisciously flimsy which said and I quote "Illusory Wall?".

I don't know if the guy who put it down was trolling players but it gave me ideas.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 pm

I saw that msg/wall too. Left of the altar, right? It had like 7 votes, but I assumed it was trolling.

There are other weird things around the parish. If you stand under the portcullis looking up at the church, on the right side there are a series of bars that look like they were broken outwards from something along the right side of the church. Doesn't seem to be anything back there and I've looked all around from various angles, but it just looks funny. I haven't found any way up there.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Yeah I've noticed how wierd the Parish is. Most notably the tower where lautrec is held. What is beneath that? its a really big extension to the building leading me to believe that there may be something there.

Anyone actually tried this with the White Seance.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 am

I took the ring to the altar (didn't go up to Lautrec's area though), also tried wearing the maiden gear and using the prayer gesture like Reah. Nothing. The overall design could easily accomodate another area; if you go up on the roof with the gargoyles you can see how much extra space there is. I walked all around there dropping prism stones and trying to see if there are ledges or something, but didn't have any lucky. Bugs me though
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Were you in the Way of White?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Way of White, White Seance Ring, Pendant --> Parish?

Damn I wish it turns out true!

By the way, if you go just out the parish church through the door toward Andre, where those 3 undead soldiers are, you could probably gauge the church's interior proportions better from there. There's that soldier with the crossbow on the left, then a little area to his left, where you could judge the church from.

Edit: hey, since this thread was started to discuss the White Seance Ring, and not necessarily the pendant, I took that tangent and put it in a new thread. Not that I want to steal your idea! I just like where this is going, and I felt it could be discussed in a Pendant thread rather than a Ring thread.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2319-pendant-theories
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Sweet as man. If this turns out to be anything then the hell with derailing the thread.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:27 am

When you have to climg up the bell towre to ring the first bell I seem to remember seeing an area inside the tower that looked like it should be accessible but I couldnt find the way in. Maybe the ring will work there?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:45 pm

I wasn't in Way of White when I was exploring with the ring, because I'm an idiot. I'll have to go back and check again. And yeah, the gargoyle tower may be part of it, there is a lot of what seems to be dead space in the back half of the parish, including the tower itself. I did go down near the crossbow guy and 2 hollows as part of this, standing in that back corner looking out at that green area next to the parish really does give you a sense of how much bigger the place is than it really needs to be.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Also, it has always bothered me how incomplete WoW seems as a covenant. So much of the plot and events seem related to Thorolund, but the covenant membership itself seems largely pointless. Plus Allfather Lloyd is a conspicuous omission from all the other members we actually meet (maybe lore has it he never entered this realm, not sure). We even see Havel, who was supposedly a bishop before being locked up by a "friend." Maybe Lloyd is actually out there somewhere, waiting to finally rank us all up in WoW. I'm going to take my faith build and start sniffing around, actually in WoW this time heh. I'll wear the ring, but also bring pendant, coins, and maybe use a Thorolund talisman along with ivory.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Sounds good, I hope you find something!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 pm

You could also try the water area where frampt usually is that has a nice suspicious female statue. Its really just a hit and miss thing. I can't even begin to understand what the benefit of finding a strange new room somewhere is. I mean will we get armour, miracles (NO), Weapons(NO), or meet a new NPC?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Could just be more closure to the Reah storyline, which also seems to sort of trail off (then she goes hollow). Has anyone ever had any of them react once you have the rite of kindling? Only thing I think I've seen is a different reaction from Petrus when I was wearing full cleric armor, but I was spamming through his msgs pretty fast and need to reconfirm that as well.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:29 pm

@Viral

How do you know there's nothing new?

If nothing else, we're pretty sure we're missing the "Elite Cleric Armor". That's enough reason to go looking for a room that could contain it.

Also, there's another tiny little room hidden by a ring in the game, and it gives us an entire covenant and a certain buffing miracle.

Not saying there'd be an extra hidden covenant, but a hidden room could lead further in the WoW covenant, where we at least get the armor, along with other things we possibly don't know about.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Lol you got me there I am a Darkmoon so I should running at the fore front the charge when it comes to the Seance hunt. Though I'm wondering what it could give us.

Not more weapons certainly or no one would finish Knights Honour orr whatever the achievement is called.

Maybe is is the armour, there being no set a chievement for that, plus what is elite clerics armour? Is it supposed to be Petrus gear, if so then I'll be sorely dissapointed.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Haha, yes, it is Petrus's gear! I know it looks like **** on him, with his mushroom cut and all, but it could mix and match well with other sets... And it could have some decent stats.

I went exploring around the church just now. I used my first character, who I rarely ever use anymore, and he wields the Greatsword of Artorias. I didn't know its 2H R2 had such a long windup! So I went to where the 3 undead slodiers are, backstab the crossbowman on the left, then the next 2 are coming at me so I figured I'd do a R2 sweep, not knowing the windup is so slow... This guy is on NG+7, so mobs can do some damage on him, and they get close enough to breathe on me when the swing finally comes out and sends them both flying! So that made me laugh... then I turned around and I stopped laughing--the room behind the church is huge! All this to say: there better be something back there.

Oh, also: that altar annoys me. Everything else, when you hit with a weapon, you bounce off. But the altar you just cut right through... Not saying there's anything to it, but it bugs me!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

You had the ring and covenant req that we suspected?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm

No, just the ring. I only explored the first 2 levels, didn't get to much of the roof, and haven't scrutinized the belltower or the outside yet either. I'll go back later with the covenant and ring... Problem is, I wanted to do all that with the pendant, but I don't have it anymore on this character (don't know what I did with it--derp!).

About the pendant though... Now that I think of it, I doubt From would have put it right in front of where you need to use it. :/
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah we all have the same vibe about the Parish being fishy. My pet theory is that allfather lloyd is back there somewhere. Lautrec makes a remark about how Reah is down in the catacombs, and then says he learned about it from a "fleeing old man" and remarks about the guy's robes and trinkets. It is in the following video at 11:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GFsXvJmxc&hd=1

Is he talking about Lloyd? Somebody else?

And yeah I think the elite cleric armor also turned up in some official From trailers in actual gameplay as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm