Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Serious_Much
Emergence
DoughGuy
BLA1NE
befowler
WyrmHero
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
12 posters

White Seance Ring

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

White Seance Ring - Page 3 Empty Re: White Seance Ring

Post by Gol Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah I know about Petrus being an a**hole, I'm just sayin that the fact that you can buy the same miracles from Reah has nothing to do with the Lore.

You can also join Warriors of Sunlight by 2 different ways, the altar or solaire.

And Petrus is not a "real" member of the WoW, I think, he says it himself he's a "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"... or he is a member of the WoW with a secret mission (or he is a member of the WoW but he acts out of self-interest), he doesn't kill Reah for her humanity, he kills her (and maybe rapes her) and steal her talisman, that's why I thought it was important but I didn't discover anything.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm

I think his motives go all the way back to Thorolhund, and why both of them are there to begin with. I'm not quite familiar enough with both their backstories to tell, but I think some people end up in Lordran from Thorolhund through foul play. If I remember correctly, people get sent there when they turn undead, but I think some people in Thorolhund can turn people undead...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

WoWmembers get sent to lordran on suicide missions if they turn undead so their talents arent wasted, they just cant be in the anti-undead WoWcovenant anymore. bviously somethig changes in Petrus between the time reah arrives and the time he abandins her because he isnt evil at the beginning. I think after Lautrec talks to him he changes.

I think we need to fid the corpse of the old man who lautrec killed, it could have an item that explains what we need. I think the parish is defietily where the secret of the WoW is.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Just a note about the wasted space in the Parish Church: in one of his lore videos ENB mentioned that the Darkmoons may be an amalgamation of what were originally planned as two different covenants. Some relics in the game's text files hint that there was supposed to be a covenant in the church, centered around Oswald and possibly Velka. For some reason or other, that covenant was scrapped during development, and its function was incorporated into the Darkmoons'.

So if we never find a way into that space... It could be because it was planned for that covenant and scrapped during development. :/
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 am

Good info Bla1ne and shows at least we're not nuts for feeling like the parish has or had some larger purpose. Too bad we may never know what it was.
    forsaken92

Post by forsaken92 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

My theory is that Rhea goes looking for the "White Seance Ring"
    because her hollow person is standing at the body where this ring can be looted

I am going to do a NG+ with this ring equipped while being in WoW Covenant, without freeing Lautrec and without killing Petrus while buying all the skills of both of them before Rhea can be killed. I am not going to loot the White Seance Ring in the Duke Archives, hoping that when Rhea disappears she will find the ring and remain human.

And I'm going to do it with killing Petrus if the first one doesn't deliver the wanted results (Rhea going to Archives to find the ring)

Can anyone confirm whether this has been tried before?

Edit: Nevermind i was wrong about the body >.>
    Will try it anyway without looting the body she ends up standing at.

Edit 2: maybe leaving the music on for her or turning it on when she shows up does something?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 am

YAY! Just did some looking into the White Seance Ring and guess what?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 am

Don't tease us, out with it!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 am

We are the lowest result on the 1st page of seach results for "Dark Souls White Seance Ring" I think this is a worthy achievement. Sorry guys nothing about the actual ring atm but I'm still testing it out in a variety of ways.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 am

Did you look through the other results to see if they have any promising leads?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:32 am

BLA1NE wrote:Did you look through the other results to see if they have any promising leads?

It seems to me that there isn't really all that much speculation as to what the WSR really is.

Will keep this thread alive. I vow to find out what it does.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:47 am

Yeah, it really should do something... The Darkmoon seance ring opens up an area for that covenant. The White seance ring, which you pick up along with the clothes of Reah from the Way of White covenant, really feels like there's something it's supposed to do. Especially considering that covenant, right now, is nothing.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:17 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Yeah, it really should do something... The Darkmoon seance ring opens up an area for that covenant. The White seance ring, which you pick up along with the clothes of Reah from the Way of White covenant, really feels like there's something it's supposed to do. Especially considering that covenant, right now, is nothing.

Well, I been working on my Lawful/Good Princess Guard character. He is a Knight, so I started with Way of White.

I gave the Lordvessel to Frampt, Petrus already killed Reah so I have her pendant.

I was thinking of using White Seance Ring and while being a member of the Way of White, I was going to kindle all bonfires and to explore Tomb of Giants. Haven't finished my playthrough yet so, it will take a while.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:Yeah, it really should do something... The Darkmoon seance ring opens up an area for that covenant. The White seance ring, which you pick up along with the clothes of Reah from the Way of White covenant, really feels like there's something it's supposed to do. Especially considering that covenant, right now, is nothing.

Well, I been working on my Lawful/Good Princess Guard character. He is a Knight, so I started with Way of White.

I gave the Lordvessel to Frampt, Petrus already killed Reah so I have her pendant.

I was thinking of using White Seance Ring and while being a member of the Way of White, I was going to kindle all bonfires and to explore Tomb of Giants. Haven't finished my playthrough yet so, it will take a while.

It's good to see that my great search is still alive
    Anyways I'm back from the UK and will go on with the search

Will be posting in the great search soon still workin on the forrest cov +3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am