Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Serious_Much
Emergence
DoughGuy
BLA1NE
befowler
WyrmHero
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
12 posters

White Seance Ring

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

White Seance Ring - Page 2 Empty Re: White Seance Ring

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't imagine its Lloyd he is talking about from what we know about Lloyd he is almost at diety status and wouuld be hardly likely to leave the safety of Thorolund for anything. If anything I would think Lautrec could be referencing the dead cleric in the Catacombs. It would explain how he knows that Reah and co went to the Tomb of the Giants, he may have seen them.

Also how could Reah and co have gotten past Pinwheel.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 pm

The PSN Dynamic themes of the covenants all have as backdrops, the places where you go to ascend in rank. The WoW locale is the Parish altar. Just sayin...

Something fishy in that church.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Emergence that is brilliant...

Though isn't it more just that the covenant leader's point is generally the location on those backgrounds, that's what i think it may just be :|

also off topic but is this where the cool kids hang out now? Seems to be a massive resurgence of population in the archives lately
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Sure, but Rhea could have easily been placed in Firelnk surrounded by her men. And she is obscured in shadows, certainly not the focal point of the shot.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 pm

very true, the Way of white is unique though with having more than one place where you can join the covenant.

I havent looked recently though, what's the focal point? I'm guessing the statue..
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Yes, illuminated by the two dove candles.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Emergence wrote:The PSN Dynamic themes of the covenants all have as backdrops, the places where you go to ascend in rank. The WoW locale is the Parish altar. Just sayin...

Something fishy in that church.

What about the princess guard? Is it just a picture of Gwynevere and her chamber?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes and every so often, Ornstein comes in and bows in prayer to her.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah the cool kids hang out here. For the most part though I figure is because apart for posts requiring anecdotal info most peopl have their builds down and know the levels inside and out. The only thing left is to look for the remaining scraps of info that can be found in the game.

Also I agree that is a brilliant observation Emergence. Does the dynamic theme show reah at the Parish or the firelink shrine.

Additionally I get this weird feeling in the Parish and god knows i've spent 20 hours in there Gravelording and I still feel like I'm missing some thing very obvious.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 pm

If ornstein is praying to her that would go against Acidic's idea he is an animated statue.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Parish, praying to the statue.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Has anyone tried using a miracle that belong tpo the WoW while at the altar woth the ring on?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 am

Seek Guidance perhaps?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 am

I forget who (sorry to you!) but a user on this Wiki did an entire playthrough with Seek Guidance on, I think. Hopefully he'll come in here and share some of his knowledge!

As for me, I went around every corner of the Parish Church with the White Seance ring on and didn't find anything. sad I'm not surprised since, if it were that easy, we'd have known by now! But I'm still suspicious of that large area behind the statue.

I did find out the roof has a kill floor though! I guess it's so you can't survive a fall outside the area during the boss fight. There was this one interesting ledge I tried falling to, and it's definitely not a lethal height, but unfortunately I got a death screen before I even reached it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 am

It was acidic, you can see the results on his board here - https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/u90wall . I tried jumping off the roof too and I also died. Also tried jumping into the bell tower from the wooden platform - died, and tried hitting the floor in the belltower (it looks suspicious) - nothing.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

Stupid quiestion - what are the PSN dynamic themes? Is that something you can download like those japanese avatars a while back?

EDIT: the wikia page for seek guidance also has all the designer messages people have discovered
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm

If you create a Japanese PSN account, you can dload them from the JP PS store.

Alsp, in the WoW theme, Petrus walks up behind Reah who is praying. He stands there, staring at her for a moment before making the Shrug gesture. Clearly taunting her.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 pm

befowler wrote:Stupid quiestion - what are the PSN dynamic themes? Is that something you can download like those japanese avatars a while back?

EDIT: the wikia page for seek guidance also has all the designer messages people have discovered

Are you kidding me? A week or two ago I just went through the whole game finding all of those messages, and they were already on the wiki?

*Rips his hair out*

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a lot more than there are on the wiki page, so I don't feel as worthless for my Seek Guidance Playthrough, though there are a few there I must have missed if they really are in game.
    *Sighs while attuning seek guidance*
    I just keep getting pulled back in.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 pm

lol sorry. Actually it's good you double checked, I was going to do a seek guidance runthrough myself, but when I saw the wikia page I figured it had already been done. If you found more, that's great and please update the wikia page!

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to get the white seance ring before triggering the bulk of the Petrus/Reah storyline? I assume not since you have to get all the way to the archives, which requires ringing both bells, but I really want to start a game from scratch with the ring, maiden set, pendant, and the coins in order to have them for the entire quest sequence. NG+ seems the only way, and I may have already screwed that up by progressing too far with my current NG+ chars. Is anyone willing to let me borrow these on a starter NG character? I am training up a cleric in the burg for a clean runthrough.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 pm

I've never noticed it or the maiden set having an effect on Reah, and it can be done, it just involves practically never going back to Firelink.

I have no clue how to add things to the wiki since I'm technologically retarded, though all of my findings regarding signs are up on Acidic's visitor message wall, so you can see them there.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Ok, I added them to the Seek Guidance page, and generally reconciled the two lists. Think I got them all, but let me know if I missed any - you can see the redline on the bottom left corner of the main wikia page now at least until other edits scroll it off. One immediate observation: nothing at all in the Tomb of Giants? That's hard to believe
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:07 pm

None that I could find in Tomb of the Giants, I tried every single path, coffin, room, stairs, corpse, the invisible wall, near every NPC, before the boss, everywhere I could think of and it came up with nothing in the Tomb of the Giants, I was just as surprised by this as you are.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Yeah I'm not questioning the effort of course, it's just kinda shocking. Of all the places you'd want hints and guidance.

I also share your feeling (in the pendant thread) that it's absurd WoW has no apparent central location or true leader. I think the location has to be the parish of course, it's almost too obvious. But I wonder if the leader is the fleeing old man Lautrec mentions talking to about Reah. If not Lloyd, then maybe furtive pygmy? And although you hear about it from Lautrec in firelink, maybe he knew the guy from the Parish. Do we know who locked him up there anyway?

Other random thought was whether joining WoW via Petrus is a bad idea. Since we know he's evil/insane. Maybe refusing him and then waiting until Reah is in the parish changes something? It's kind of suspicious that their miracles both overlap such that you can buy everything you need from Reah if you don't want to deal with Petrus at all.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

In that case griggs must be evil too, cause you can buy the same spells from Logan.
    Yeah, I'm sure he's bad, I never liked that guy... :roll:

About the ring, I tried to use it at different locations.
    Like the statue in the parish, with maiden set or not, with ivory talisman or not.
    I tried at Firelink Shrine because behind the statue you can see something like a "door" and it looks like it could be "moved" or like an illusionary wall, but... like at the Parish : Nothing.
    I tried to use some miracles and use the "praying" gesture but like in the parish : Nothing.

I don't know where the other statues are so I didn't tried at those but I checked some suspicious places too, same results.

It's a certainty that this ring isn't useless and that it should activate something like the darkmoon seance ring but we have to figure out the place, and it looks like it isn't at an obvious location.

Edit : And, yeah, I had the pendant, mine and Reah's.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I think Carim says Petrus's soul is steeped in sin, plus the whole murdering Reah thing. Videos in today's Petrus thread also show how insane he gets towards the end, including picking up Lautrec's evil style of laugh. Just sort of convenient that if you don't want to deal with this lunatic you lose nothing by it in terms of miracles and can even join WoW another way. Nobody else finds it weird that it's the only Covenant you can join two different ways, one of which by a murderer/assassin even though it's supposed to be the "lawful good" covenant?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2338-petrus-of-thorolund#35627

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am