Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+72
Longshot
morte
Frank_White
densetsushun
zelda75
vegan666
WyrmHero
Jansports
Dibsville
PhlyingDutchman
hey its andres
Slarg232
Seignar
KrazykevS10
sinspaw
Mourning Sun
FinPeku
sfcc
bosslugger
Wisp
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Rynn
Thedeadships
XuitusTheGreat
passivefamiliar
ak1287
TeeNyan
Emergence
Thymos
Uparkaam
MistahrFox
Phoenix Rising
SATLOS
Rayko
galson
JamieJae
Dubscythe
ninjashifty
Anonymous Proxy
NDenizen
ResIsBestStat
GenericUsername
vixder/pennywise
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Kiva the wanderer
BeeSeaEss
Dogwelder
ThatPerson
HazelrahFiver
carlucio
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
ChizFreak
Flankydizzle
Infighter
FungalPsychosis
skarekrow13
Ashran
DemonOfFate
Juutas
EverlastingRat
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
ublug
Johnthethird
Djem
Sargerus
User1
Dessembrae
76 posters

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 11 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:39 am

Holy crap just realize. CANDLES! There are a lot of candles in the video, and I can remember a certain marvelous character in Dark Souls who had the only candles in the game...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 11 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:48 am

Are you suggesting we'll meet Chester again? But he didn't have the ONLY candles, IIRC Pinwheel has some candles too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 am

And I too am also really interesting in the Key Mouth. As I put on the Wiki, it seems like a way to bring back the idea of tendencies.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:04 am

So the mouths....

You're going to get five Keys and there will be 20 Mouths, hypothetically?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:05 am

I hope that the mouths are called "children", and the keys are called "My *** Paycheck."
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 am

My advice with the mouths is to wait for the second one you find. The first will just people to troll everyone who saw the trailer. Also, the candles in the trailer resemble the ones that Chester had.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:09 am

Well, we don't even know what it is we'll be putting in the mouths (if anything, they might just be buttons you press). Will they be thinks that are in short supply a la Divine Blessings where we would have to be discerning about which mouths we choose to offer to or will the things we put in be as readily available as moss clumps?
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 am

That could be very cool, if there are limited numbers and not enough for each mouth. I love being forced into that kind of agonising decision.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 am

I don't see why they wouldn't be. They'll either be rare drops, hard to find, expensive, or just finite like the previously mentioned divine blessings.
    zelda75
    zelda75

Post by zelda75 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:01 am

Arf, it looks so disappointing it hurts me so bad.

Brownish dungeon that looks exactly like Dragon's Dogma (which i like but i also like DS to be different). I feel like art direction has gone.

Tension ? Zero. No fear, no ambiance, emptiness instead.

And why the hell do they used a maxed character to demo a DS game ??? They should have used a weak one, of course. Remember the DS trailers ? The character was dying on every corner.

New animations ? It may look better but it sure looks "easier". I am an aged gamer which remember video games are all about their flaws. In DS's case, the rigid animations are art of the difficulty, hence the pleasure.

They do not care about us, they KNOW we will buy the game. They want more customers, and they clearly plan to get them by bleeding out the game soul.

Every good thing goes this way these days, where only business matters.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:40 am

zelda75 wrote:Arf, it looks so disappointing it hurts me so bad.

Brownish dungeon that looks exactly like Dragon's Dogma (which i like but i also like DS to be different). I feel like art direction has gone.

Tension ? Zero. No fear, no ambiance, emptiness instead.

And why the hell do they used a maxed character to demo a DS game ??? They should have used a weak one, of course. Remember the DS trailers ? The character was dying on every corner.

New animations ? It may look better but it sure looks "easier". I am an aged gamer which remember video games are all about their flaws. In DS's case, the rigid animations are art of the difficulty, hence the pleasure.

They do not care about us, they KNOW we will buy the game. They want more customers, and they clearly plan to get them by bleeding out the game soul.

Every good thing goes this way these days, where only business matters.

Shut up turd. Troll harder.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:43 am

Vegan please do not insult others, some people may be turned off by what they see of the game. He is being very negative but that is his view simply. It's very reasonable to have concerns about something that is yet to be released especially when there are aspects which currently do not look good in your eyes.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 am

Fair call, that was unduely harsh so I apologize. I guess I get angry with the self entitled opinions I see in a lot of gamers these days. We aren't owed anything. I understand being passionate about the series, as I am extremely, but I also feel that FromSoftware aren't out just to get our buck, but genuinely want to make a good game.

But again, apologies.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 am

It's all good, just try to calm yourself down next time before making an angry post.

Indeed I do see a lot of care personally being put into the game. But we'll really have to wait until the finished product to say for sure. For all we know it could actually be imbalanced as hell upon release with certain enemies dying in one hit and others killing you outright for no reason.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:21 am

I must have that PC's armor for reasons.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:24 am

I'd wait for it to get textured before wanting it. silly

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%202/1da590db-2e1d-495a-a031-5ab1baa15250_zps2f017d2a.jpg
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 am

Guys, guys, the most important thing has been implemented...
    CAPES.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 am

Tolvo wrote:Hey Ublug you're more of a Wiki guy right? How am I doing? I'll admit I know little of the coding and I don't even know how to make pages so I've just been editing what I could find.
    You're doing fine happy. Don't worry too much about page formatting and sub-pages (for weapon tiers and so on) for now, we'll deal with that when the game is released or more content is available.
    To make a new page you can also just write it as an url in the browser, and the wiki will ask you to create it if it doesn't already exist. For example: http://darksouls2wiki.wikispaces.com/coffee
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 am

I was so tempted to fill that with the actual wikipedia article for Coffee.

Thanks, I just hope Fex can get back to me on the legality of using images Screenshotted from the IGN video, because I've got so much ready but I don't know if I can actually go through with it or not.

https://s1213.photobucket.com/user/TolvoArt/library/Dark%20Souls%202

I also did eventually figure out how to make new pages, I made one for the Torch.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 am

Thymos wrote:It looks great and all, but they didn't mention anything about character customization, and this really gets me worried. I don't think it's a good thing if everyone has to play the same character with the same armour and weapons and whatnot. Of course, they might just be using that character to show the gameplay. Oh well, I guess we just have to wait and see.

Christ, are you people serious? Of course there will be tons of armor to choose from, they don't need to say that out loud.
    Why would anyone with a bit of sense in their head seriously believe that you can only wear one armor set in a Souls game.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 am

vegan666 wrote:Still reading through this thread, but wish people would STFU about the amount of damage dealt/taken and health/stamina bar. This is for DEMO PURPOSES. Everything would have been tweaked for the purposes of showing off the current build of the game for the demo. Its not like this is the final difficulty, and the standard health and stamina. Jesus, some people like to complain.

Finally a smart person appears.
    HazelrahFiver

Post by HazelrahFiver Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 am

ChizFreak wrote:The combat seems A LOT FASTER, ala Demon's Souls, I LOVE that.

I agree. I'm hoping that combat takes up pacing somewhere between the two games.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 am

I've been thinking about the time when this is set and I keep coming back to the idea of the prequel or a parallel timeline to DkS I based on this game-play trailer and the interview. The boars that attacked you had the same moveset as armored boars in DkS I, but they didn't have the armor, which means they may have been the "beta version" so to speak. The stones of healing may have been prototypes of the crystal of immortality, using estus flame instead of dragon scales, which would give the connection and the use of estus discussed in the interview. This, in my opinion, and based on the areas we were given names for seem to indicate the involvement of dragons, the gods, and experiments on the dragons, so it is probably one of seathe's abandoned laboratories from before he became the duke.

Here's one thing that concerns me: cutscene deaths like the ones with seathe in DkS I. The bridge looked like a cutscene as did the silver chariot (there was a clear and open window to dodge left, and dodging into something or to the side is always preferable to running from a horse-drawn chariot, which makes me think it might be a cutscene death.....I despise cutscene deaths unless they are for lore reasons and getting items or doing things in the area will alleviate them)
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am

did anyone noticed that the first enemy they fought had a similar helm/mask as Paladin Leeroy, and he had what looked like a sun emblem on the chest piece. Maybe way of the white members? :shock: hahaha
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:48 am

EverlastingRat wrote:did anyone noticed that the first enemy they fought had a similar helm/mask as Paladin Leeroy, and he had what looked like a sun emblem on the chest piece. Maybe way of the white members? :shock: hahaha

The way of white did "create" an undead, so perhaps this takes place in one of their old experiment buildings?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 am