Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+72
Longshot
morte
Frank_White
densetsushun
zelda75
vegan666
WyrmHero
Jansports
Dibsville
PhlyingDutchman
hey its andres
Slarg232
Seignar
KrazykevS10
sinspaw
Mourning Sun
FinPeku
sfcc
bosslugger
Wisp
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Rynn
Thedeadships
XuitusTheGreat
passivefamiliar
ak1287
TeeNyan
Emergence
Thymos
Uparkaam
MistahrFox
Phoenix Rising
SATLOS
Rayko
galson
JamieJae
Dubscythe
ninjashifty
Anonymous Proxy
NDenizen
ResIsBestStat
GenericUsername
vixder/pennywise
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Kiva the wanderer
BeeSeaEss
Dogwelder
ThatPerson
HazelrahFiver
carlucio
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
ChizFreak
Flankydizzle
Infighter
FungalPsychosis
skarekrow13
Ashran
DemonOfFate
Juutas
EverlastingRat
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
ublug
Johnthethird
Djem
Sargerus
User1
Dessembrae
76 posters

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

FungalPsychosis
    FungalPsychosis
    Casual
    Casual

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by FungalPsychosis Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 pm

I think I just **** my pants.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by Infighter Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:03 am

Oh man, I hope there will be video on youtube
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04 am

DO WANT
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am

WANT RIGHT MEOW
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 am

This image ensures that starting classes from the Dark Souls will most likely be included (that's a Wanderer set):

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 BHczW3YCAAAzcrs
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 am

Is that the Adjudicator that he's fighting?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:58 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Is that the Adjudicator that he's fighting?

Haha, those archways looked like a tong to me too at first :'D
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:12 am

This better be true or no one will recognize your body.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 am

I liked the look of that picture. Can't wait to see this gameplay, seems like they are pretty confident they wont be alienating fans since they are so confident in releasing such a long gameplay video way before release. I think I have a lot more faith in this game being good now then I did originally, but we'll see how it looks.

Been a while, what's up guys. silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 am

Hey, Fruit. happy

All will be revealed tomorrow.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 am

Now if I could just fall asleep already.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 am

Let's see, I'm still skeptic
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Is that the Adjudicator that he's fighting?
    Or a ninja turtle?
    HazelrahFiver

Post by HazelrahFiver Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Elite Knight armor returns. Dark Souls II confirmed for Astora.

Called it.

That's quite an speculative jump.
    That armor set, and one that looked like it in DeS, are what you could call the 'staple appearance' of Souls. That main character feel that was in both games previously. I really don't think one screenshot is any kind of evidence, and even if it ends up being true that we are in Astora, I won't allow 'calling it' to be linked to this picture. The proof just isn't actually there lol.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 am

If u look at the statue in the background, it may be that they might integrate some of the ideas I, and Johnthethird, discussed in a previous thread.... it could just be for aesthetic design though....oh god, I hope they do some novel but great features with bonfires and hopefully limited

I hope that if they bring back covenants, they actually develop them more integrated into the lore, which I also talked about in the same thread I mentioned... Like if you kill a high ranking rival covenant member, you take his fuqn head, instead of an ear...wha wha wha, and get some awesome bonus...but that could be too complicated
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

EverlastingRat wrote:If u look at the statue in the background, it may be that they might integrate some of the ideas I, and Johnthethird, discussed in a previous thread.... it could just be for aesthetic design though....oh god, I hope they do some novel but great features with bonfires and hopefully limited

I hope that if they bring back covenants, they actually develop them more integrated into the lore, which I also talked about in the same thread I mentioned... Like if you kill a high ranking rival covenant member, you take his fuqn head, instead of an ear...wha wha wha, and get some awesome bonus...but that could be too complicated

They have already confirmed the convenant system to come back in the sequel : )
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am

I really like the ideas of the covenants for the RP aspect but thats great they confirmed... Just hope they're v.2.0
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 am

EverlastingRat wrote:I really like the ideas of the covenants for the RP aspect but thats great they confirmed... Just hope they're v.2.0

Yeah, I would wish for more signifigance on the covenants and more activities with your covenant buddys : ) If I remember right they said they did "something" new to the covenant system.
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 Ron-paul

Damnit, Ron Paul.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Djem wrote:That's like saying Dark Souls is in Astora because it has the Elite Knight armor set >_>

No. Dark Souls is set in Lordran, which is a melting pot. It's a goal or a trap for Undead of every country. Astora is not. There is no reason for any Astoran to be anywhere but Astora, Lordran, or on their way to Lordran.
    So you think all the countries of souls are completely isolated from eachother?

No, it's impossible that they're *completely* isolated from one another, as we see several NPCs going to and from Lordran. It's just a question of motivation. Who would want to go to Lordran, a veritable hellhole full of Undead, if they were perfectly fine at home?

HazelrahFiver wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Elite Knight armor returns. Dark Souls II confirmed for Astora.

Called it.

That's quite an speculative jump.
    That armor set, and one that looked like it in DeS, are what you could call the 'staple appearance' of Souls. That main character feel that was in both games previously. I really don't think one screenshot is any kind of evidence, and even if it ends up being true that we are in Astora, I won't allow 'calling it' to be linked to this picture. The proof just isn't actually there lol.

Nope, DeS's flagship armor set was shown without regards to story. The Elite Knight set is definitively Astoran. It's worn by Astorans such as Oscar, the hero from the DkS trailers, who hangs with Iron Tarkus and plays an important role in the prelude to the events of Dark Souls.

Comparing the Fluted Armor with the EK Armor is apples to oranges. They're both fruit/armor but one is very useful for obtaining vitamin C/story details.

Not the best analogy, but I have no regrets.

Also, I base the Astora conclusion on multiple other pieces of evidence that I presented a while back in my YT vids and a couple of polls here on the forum.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Despite my concerns about some of the information that has been revealed so far, man, this was great news to wake up to this morning. Just a few hours left now.

Bottle of Jack Daniel's on the table? Check.
    Coke in the fridge? Check.
    Ice in the freezer? Check.

Don't leave me crestfallen, From.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

I base my Astora assumptions on Solaire being from Astora. Suck on that people with good assumptions!
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Ugh, Im so psyched!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 4205493335 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 420549333512 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 420549333512 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 639795459 ONE HOUR GUYS! 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 639795459 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 4205493335 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 4205493335 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 2 4205493335

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 pm