Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 am

That happens to me when just running down, never mind touching the fences.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Zephryl Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 am

Reinforced Club is a surprisingly efficient weapon
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:20 am

Crystal Magic weapon is invisible when cast on a Crystal Greatsword.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:22 am

Odinbear wrote:Anor Londo, running down the last path towards the last 2 gargoyles (just before the run/ assault on the Archers. At the bottom of the path, just b4 the 2 gargoyles, If you hit the fence on either side, you take damage. Seems to be the last few feet.

RenegadeCop wrote:That happens to me when just running down, never mind touching the fences.

It actually has to do with the slope I think. There's a slope in the Valley of the Drakes that when you run a certain way, you'll take damage. It's always the same percentage too, regardless of vit, so I'm thinking it's fall damage. My guess is, if you run a certain way you can "fall" past the minimal fall damage threshold.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:23 am

@Rynn Could use that to my advantage. +20 version anyone?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 am

Zephryl wrote:Reinforced Club is a surprisingly efficient weapon

My Current build is rockin both clubs. All sl points have been goin into STR & END. base faith, base intel. Only ONE POINT into VIT, so fair. Dodging and whacking with clubs kicks arse.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Anor Londo, running down the last path towards the last 2 gargoyles (just before the run/ assault on the Archers. At the bottom of the path, just b4 the 2 gargoyles, If you hit the fence on either side, you take damage. Seems to be the last few feet.

RenegadeCop wrote:That happens to me when just running down, never mind touching the fences.

It actually has to do with the slope I think. There's a slope in the Valley of the Drakes that when you run a certain way, you'll take damage. It's always the same percentage too, regardless of vit, so I'm thinking it's fall damage. My guess is, if you run a certain way you can "fall" past the minimal fall damage threshold.

I take no damage, running right down middle, fairly certain it's the fence, last few feet, cause I tested by bumping fence in other places. Last few feet is where I take the damage and it's not always the same amount.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:31 am

Aah, I see now. It happens to me usually somewhere down the middle of the staircase, and since I have never touched the fences, I never knew it was them that actually did it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:40 am

Odinbear wrote:I take no damage, running right down middle, fairly certain it's the fence, last few feet, cause I tested by bumping fence in other places. Last few feet is where I take the damage and it's not always the same amount.
    Hmm, this might be the case on that support beam in Anor Londo, I don't know because I'v never bumped into the fences there or taken damage.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 am

Rynn wrote:Crystal Magic weapon is invisible when cast on a Crystal Greatsword.

You can buff Crystal Weapons? How are they not the only thing used?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Actually, for me, it makes more crystals on the sword. lol
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 pm

EeAyEss wrote:

This.
    It gives it more crystals and gives it the dark blue hue.
    Nothing makes the buff invisible except on a Gauntlet + Ring of Fog.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Zephryl wrote:Reinforced Club is a surprisingly efficient weapon

Its a godsend on an sl1 run.

Discovered that halberds jump attack has a pretty good chance of landing a dead angle if you land level or behind your opponent. Couple it with a counter and you can deal some solid damage.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:07 pm

I noticed that with the Great Scythe in particular. I finished someone off in the FC by doing that.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:01 pm

If you do the valley of the drakes shortcut, you can go to the sunlight altar, open the gate to the boar and join the sunbro covenant without running into the dragon. Then, you can go to the bridge, let it fly over the one in the berg and go back to the sunlight altar and find him flying around there, burning the crap out of everyone. Pretty good exploit, if you ask me.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm

^ I don't quite get it, are you talking about going back to the first place you see the hellkite drake normally? The animation where he flies away?
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

The taurus demon skip lets you not go into the burg at all. Doing that means you never see the helkite dragon in the first place, where it lands on a small bridge and knocks you back. This also prevents you from finding him at the spot by solaire. That means you can get to the sunlight altar, open the shortcut to the boar and the parish and then go and activate the helkite dragon with no ill effect of him flying away and with you having the sunlight altar as a future warp spot.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:

This.
    It gives it more crystals and gives it the dark blue hue.
    Nothing makes the buff invisible except on a Gauntlet + Ring of Fog.
    Huh, when I cast it the crystals appear in the same place they already are, so they don't visually show up, and as a blue phantom, the blue glow isn't seen. Shrug
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Huh. I always get mad crystallization on it.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:11 pm

The lightning snakes at Sen's fortress have a grapple attack. It hurts.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 pm

I just learned that ceaseless has an attack I've never seen before, saw it in a stream earlier today while eating, so I went to investigate.
    He stabs his tentacles randomly around you while small explosions occur at each 'fingertip', then he slams them all into the ground at the same time while they explode. I could only make him do it in one place though, beside the first pile of broken pillars at the bottom of the stairs. If he has ripped out his swollen limb (after looting his sisters corpse) he will not do the attack.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:16 am

If you're trying to melee the Anor Londo archer (the one on your right) and fall off the ledge, you do not receive the YOU DIED text. This happened to me twice.

I was wearing the fog and wolf rings. I needed the poise because the arrows were driving me off the ledge before I could reach the archer.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:19 am

Green__Eagle wrote: I needed the poise because the arrows were driving me off the ledge before I could reach the archer.
    How is that?
    You mean you don't get knocked back when blocking if you have enough poise?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 am

Correct. But you need a hell of a lot to just be staggered, never mind fall off.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am

Great club, hardly ever needs repair.

Buffing some weapons, like the gargoyle halberd with fire, wears them out faster ( more soul cost to repair). While buffing great club does not do this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:52 pm