Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am

Frampt says that dialogue if you use Kaathe to place the lord vessel. It looks like that's just part of the glitch. I think Frampt will hang around calling you a fool every time you get within earshot, but retreats to slumber if you do enough damage to him. I'm guessing glitched death just triggers his damage dialogue. I haven't heard Kaathe say that, but I would guess he says the same thing if you get him to appear, but use Frampt to place the lord vessel.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Djem Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Frampt says that dialogue if you use Kaathe to place the lord vessel. It looks like that's just part of the glitch. I think Frampt will hang around calling you a fool every time you get within earshot, but retreats to slumber if you do enough damage to him. I'm guessing glitched death just triggers his damage dialogue. I haven't heard Kaathe say that, but I would guess he says the same thing if you get him to appear, but use Frampt to place the lord vessel.

Yeah that's it. No new dialogue in that video.

I just discovered that there's a divine blessing in the building with the entrance to the Painted World of Ariamis. And it's located at a pretty obvious spot too. I'm blind.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Instead of BC'ing a phantom out to sit at the inside bonfire in Anor Londo, I've discovered you can just open the side gate ( 1 st) and then the Main hall gate. Then if you die in the O&S fight or by invasion it's an ez run to get to the boss fight and or the bonfire inside.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

I've only finally found how to reach the chest on the left side of the roof beam section in anor londo. The spot where you fight painted guardian. Sure it's just a consumable soul pack, but that alway's bugged me to not get it XD
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:I recently discovered the bonfire in Sen's Fortress.I used to open the shortcut and just use the Parish bonfire.

Alright how the hell did you miss the 20 odd bonfire here signs.

That being said it took me 2 playthroughs to find out that tree could be hit and lead to the shiny thing that was driving me mad(wolf ring).
    There were never any signs around any time I passed by.So I always opened the cage lift and used that to get to the roof for the boss fight.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm

If you press R1 or R2 after a backstep you make the running attack.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:13 pm

You can buff an off-hand weapon with SMS... it gets better block and more damage per hit. Who knew?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 pm

EeAyEss wrote:You can buff an off-hand weapon with SMS... it gets better block and more damage per hit. Who knew?
    I have yet to actually check with great magic shield, sorry to say. And after a little more testing, I realized that it DOES NOT affect damage, although I can not say the same for great magic shield, because, unless I'm losing my memory, that also gave shields extra damage for bashing. Although it did make my BSS block about 70% damage, as compared to the 50% I was blocking before.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Strong magic shield is better, though. Ever seen this?

Last edited by EeAyEss on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:32 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Strong magic shield is better, though. Ever seen this?

Yes, that's where I was getting the idea that SMS would, in fact, give damage, as compared to MS, which doesn't.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I have discovered that, in every sense (well, to me anyway) that the Broadsword is much better than the Balder Side Sword, which is overused, while the Broadsword is far too underused.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Speaking of, met a dude in the forest the other day that dual-wielded the damn things and wrecked my face a couple of times.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Broadsword OP, needs nerf. silly

I'm telling you guys, for me to like a weapon this much is insane.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Dual wielding Broadswords? I need to try that.

Completely agree with you, X. You introduced me to the magnificent weapon, and helped me make the final push from +13 to +15. Also, good fight today, I see fast rolling is my stronger suit. Also, how much hp did you have? 250 looked like next to nothing.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 pm

I roll with 1800. That character has better days, though. I gave away all of its weapons over time. XD
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Therefore, you resorted to the Estoc, which kind of ripped me up? I, for some reason, ran behind the well when I took 3 hits in a row. I only have 900hp!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of thrusting weapons. That made me laugh when you did that. lol!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 pm

It was more out of instinct than actually knowing it would do me any good. Also, my Vitality is 20. I guess yours is 40?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm

50 plus ring of favor
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 pm

If you have a weapon in your right hand that rests on your shoulder and a shield in your left and walk slowly, your left arm swings differently than if you carried a regular weapon in the right, like a falchion.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 pm

EeAyEss wrote:If you have a weapon in your right hand that rests on your shoulder and a shield in your left and walk slowly, your left arm swings differently than if you carried a regular weapon in the right, like a falchion.

This irritates very badly when using the Greatsword. I understand I'm usinh TARKUS' weapon, but I don't like looking that burly.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm

The Longsword has a unique get up attack if you two hand it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Get up attack?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:25 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Get up attack?

Maybe he means when you get up from a roll?
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Barbed Straight Sword and Broadsword is the only Straight swords, which have a Slice attack when you 2H + Roll + R1.

Others have a Thurst attack ( Balder Side Sword >_>)
    Just tested it while Cosplaying Kirky!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm