Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Elifia Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ You can do a plunge attack on any enemy. The only requirement is you have to be on a ledge above them. I've done plunge attacks on some hollow soldiers in the burg.

That's not the same -.- I mean, like back in the Asylum, when you plunge of the balcony into the Asylum Demon, or from the tower into the Taurus Demon, you go into a special animation where you cling to his face while you stab him in it. Fang Boars have that too. If you plunge on top of a hollow you don't get locked into an animation with them, you just flatten them.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by psychichobo Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Are you sure? I've always thought the animation was simply you sliding slightly off them, and them being heavily stunned from taking a plunge attack to the FACE.

I only recently realised that Queelag can be stunlocked with melee weapons if they're big enough to reach her human half. Someone using a great scthye locked her down whilst me and another phantom whaled on her giant spider butt.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Elifia is correct. Not all enemies have a plunging attack animation. For example Capra Demon doesn't have one, but Taurus Demon does.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Oh, right. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 2707236321
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 pm

The big rat in the depths too
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Hachouma wrote:The big rat in the depths too

Your avatar scares the **** out of me.

Edit: I discovered recently that you can kill the huge wall hugging bug in Blighttown without coming from it's back where he can't hit you. I always did it that way, but yesterday I just wanted to get Power Within and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. And it worked.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I discovered plunge attacks by accident a long time ago. However, I saw the developer message introducing plunging attacks in the undead asylum for the first time yesterday. All this time, never saw it... Shrug

MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:12 pm

SUnlight maggots dropped a sunlight medal, had no idea.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:14 pm

MistahrFox wrote:SUnlight maggots dropped a sunlight medal, had no idea.

As well as Red titanite chunks.

But yeah I've got about 60 sunlight medals just from running around there while farming the titanite demon.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:46 pm

GenericUsername wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:SUnlight maggots dropped a sunlight medal, had no idea.

As well as Red titanite chunks.

But yeah I've got about 60 sunlight medals just from running around there while farming the titanite demon.

:shock: Dude, that's a super rare drop! How much did you farm that demon?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:31 pm

^ Actually it's not rare. I usually get at least one from them with 100 drop rate. I bet 410 drop rate would make them all drop one.

Also, I just got the Dark Silver Tracer and discovered how freakin OP it is when combined with the hornet ring. I riposited a hallow warrior and did almost 1,500 damage!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh wow. I can't wait to be able to play DkS again! bounce

With my new info, I shall destroy the PvE game! Vengance shall be mine! twisted
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

I discovered that, if by illegimate means you kill Kingseeker Frampt, Darkstalker Kaathe, or the Everlasting Dragon, you will see that all three have dying animations.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 pm

The everlasting dragon too? I've seen frampt and kaathe, but show us the dragon vid.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 am

they can actually die? i've seen someone hit them with weapons that made 65536 physical, magic, fire and lightning damage (that's 260k+ damage)
    They just vanished (the serpents, that is)
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 am

Serpents:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJJtxg0TGw

The Everlasting Dragon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O81-6h84LM0
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am

Wow, that tells you a thing or two about intended bosses and cut story lines doesn't it?

Hachouma wrote:
    they can actually die? i've seen someone hit them with weapons that made 65536 physical, magic, fire and lightning damage (that's 260k+ damage)
    They just vanished (the serpents, that is)

How did you make such godly weapons?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 am

This is more of a self discovery thing.
    Just discovered I CAN get by the silver Knight Archer in Anor Londo. Using the reinforced club, helped get multiple folks into AL last night. Strength build, sl47, couple whacks he dies.

Also discovered that a lot of folks, BC you out once they get in ( and they usually just sit back and wait for the summon to kill the Silver Knight Archer ). I usually wait back, cause I usually suck at getting past those archers and then if we get past 'em, usually do the whole AL, including O&S. Only once have I BC'd my helper phantom out to sit at the bonfire inside . Felt bad? Now I see it's rather common.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 am

Common but impolite unless you either pay them or thank them first.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:24 am

^ Once I did that. 2 summons and I got invaded pretty early in that area. The invader metaphoricly drug us through the whole area. We couldn't kill him until the area with the two miracle using giants. Once we killed him I only had one Estus and no spells. I knew we didn't have a good chance of killing the bosses, so I messaged both phantoms, "Need to rest at fire. Will try to summon again."
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:42 am

https://youtu.be/ZKKMcVvFflI
    Your helmet can make you take less headshot damage.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

Great stuff. However, it's always best to avoid getting shot in the head...

That's from Rurikain & Pallytime's O & S cosplay. I highly recommend it. I almost die laughing in every episode.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 am

I recently discovered the bonfire in Sen's Fortress.I used to open the shortcut and just use the Parish bonfire.
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:07 am

Djem wrote:Serpents:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJJtxg0TGw

The Everlasting Dragon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O81-6h84LM0

Wow, more people need to see Kaathe's dialogue there. We could finally dispel the idea that the Dark Lord is some kind of Evil being/Abyss spreader or whatever else people wrongly believe, rather than just the person that ushers in the Age of Man.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:17 am

KrazykevS10 wrote:I recently discovered the bonfire in Sen's Fortress.I used to open the shortcut and just use the Parish bonfire.

Alright how the hell did you miss the 20 odd bonfire here signs.

That being said it took me 2 playthroughs to find out that tree could be hit and lead to the shiny thing that was driving me mad(wolf ring).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm