Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
DanceOfDeath
BARZOHD-
DarkW17
strangejoy
Wade_Wilson
WyrmHero
RANT
reim0027
Emergence
WarriorOfSunlight
LOLRagezzz
Scudman_Slayer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
justwant2play
Brokewilly
ChizFreak
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
callipygias
Yarxov
Glutebrah
Carphil
Darkstar485
Lancelot
29 posters

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 4 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I have tested this with 53 poise and she does not break it. She is not a poise breaker. Poor sword, so underpowered. I used 2H R2 and 77 poise was on the floor, like a demons great hammer beated the pulp out of him, though.

Are you saying that one-handed R1 doesn't break 53, or two-handed R1 doesn't break 53?

Neither R1 break 53 poise. The 2 handed strong attack R2 breaks 77 poise if breaking poise means the toon falling on the floor like being squashed by a great hammer.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 4 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I have tested this with 53 poise and she does not break it. She is not a poise breaker. Poor sword, so underpowered. I used 2H R2 and 77 poise was on the floor, like a demons great hammer beated the pulp out of him, though.

Are you saying that one-handed R1 doesn't break 53, or two-handed R1 doesn't break 53?

Neither R1 break 53 poise. The 2 handed strong attack R2 breaks 77 poise if breaking poise means the toon falling on the floor like being squashed by a great hammer.

Edit: Sorry for my noobishness
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:

Edit: Sorry for my noobishness

No need to apologize. Thanks for the research and info. It's a shame that the sword doesn't have any special poise property. That would have been cool.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Maybe I have gone up alot of people with lower poise, mine is always 54. But the GLGS seems to get that 2handed strike in quicker than most greatswords and therefore will engage the stunlock quicker and even with its lower stats I have stunlocked ALOT of people with this sword over other great swords just my 2cents.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:57 pm

In my opinion, yes I think it's worth it. It's not as strong as the black knight weapons but it's still pretty decent dam. Plus nobody ever uses it except me I think lol. Everyone I invade or get invaded Iv never seen anybody using it. I love the way it looks and swings so to me, yes it's worth it
    DanceOfDeath

Post by DanceOfDeath Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 pm

This post is quite a bit late but I found the topic on Google and decided to throw in my two cents. It gets a lot of bad rep but I actually think it's one of the best strength weapons there is. The stun-lock is better than most of the other weapons, and at +5 it actually has more strength than a +15 claymore even with scaling. At 45 strength and dex the claymore scales to 257 +281 which equals out to about 520, but the Great lord greatsword scales from 385 +161 with the same stats which equals to about 540. With better stun-lock and strength attributes, I think the sword is pretty great good.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I think it's only useful at lower level PvP where you can abuse it's high base damage to deal a lot of damage in only a few hits.

But you know, the Obsidian Greatsword can do this with a better moveset, so not really.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Latitoast wrote:I think it's only useful at lower level PvP where you can abuse it's high base damage to deal a lot of damage in only a few hits.

But you know, the Obsidian Greatsword can do this with a better moveset, so not really.
    Although, I think overall, the Man-Serpent Greatsword, might be the best. Just because damage wise, you can get it to max (which is pretty much equal to the other greatswords max) by only using Str, leaving you extra points for vit/end or whatever you want. (You could even put them into int/fai in order to buff it and deal even more damage)
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Now where's that image I keep in reserve for extreme necrobumps... ah yes, here it is:

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 4 MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198

Seriously DanceOfDeath, from the 28th of Feburay last year? This thread was so dead, it won an academy award for appearing in a zombie flick silly 

Welcome to the forums by the way.

To answer the OP, I think the GLGS is the only greatsword that can still stunlock (I think, its seems to attack quicker than the other greatswords). Though its R2 attacks are completely useless.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm

The great lord great sword is so worth it, deals alot of damage and is only one of the greatswords that can 2h r1 r1 combo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm