Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Share
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:47 pm

    I understand that it takes Gwyn's Soul to create it, but I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble.

    I currently use a +5 Dark Knight Great Axe, which I love with the Hornet's Ring. I don't think Gwyn's GS would be even close to matching that of the GA.
    avatar
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 55
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Location : oregon

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Darkstar485 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:54 pm

    IMO no its not, its stats are terrible. Although you do need it if you are planning on going for platinum.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Carphil on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:55 pm

    Don't use the Black Knight Great Axe with hornet's ring, is lame and considered cheap


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm

    Ah, I've forgotten about Platinum. I despise going after items that I will not use, but, if I must...

    Btw, whatever kills them is fine with me. I understand it's cheap, but with Dark Souls, being cheap means you're winning.


    IMO of course.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:09 pm

    Lancelot wrote:Ah, I've forgotten about Platinum. I despise going after items that I will not use, but, if I must...

    Btw, whatever kills them is fine with me. I understand it's cheap, but with Dark Souls, being cheap means you're winning.


    IMO of course.

    Wether it is considered cheap oe not, use what you want, it is your game.

    That said... i must ask what you find fun about one shotting people. Yea you win easily, but is it fun??
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 pm

    Yup. And I'm assuming by your immediate "Whatever you like, bro," statement that this won't matter to you either.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 pm

    Lancelot wrote:Yup. And I'm assuming by your immediate "Whatever you like, bro," statement that this won't matter to you either.

    Thats cool, i was just curious. I like people like you though at times knowing i can be one shot if i make one mistake. Makrs victory more sweet, nom i sayin??
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 pm

    I, personally, dislike taking chances and like winning as soon as possible. That's why BSing is my favorite tactic in PvP.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Carphil on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

    Is not a tatic, is win without any skills


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 pm

    Thanks for your insight.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm

    Carphil wrote:Is not a tatic, is win without any skills

    To land backstabs agianst good players who know how to counter it it takes skill imo. Just boring because you dont do anything. If some one lands a bs on me i consider it skill.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Is not a tatic, is win without any skills

    To land backstabs agianst good players who know how to counter it it takes skill imo. Just boring because you dont do anything. If some one lands a bs on me i consider it skill.

    It is moderately difficult to get behind some decent players. It's actually really dangerous and risky.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 pm

    Lancelot wrote:Thanks for your insight.

    Do you only attempt backstabs when some one gives their back due to a missed attack?? Or do you just circle people and pivot them??? Agian i am curious to your playstyle.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 pm

    Lancelot wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Is not a tatic, is win without any skills

    To land backstabs agianst good players who know how to counter it it takes skill imo. Just boring because you dont do anything. If some one lands a bs on me i consider it skill.

    It is moderately difficult to get behind some decent players. It's actually really dangerous and risky.

    Lol dont call it risky unless u have no shield.
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:Thanks for your insight.

    Do you only attempt backstabs when some one gives their back due to a missed attack?? Or do you just circle people and pivot them??? Agian i am curious to your playstyle.

    It generally depends on their weapon. If they're using a poor weapon such as Dragon Tooth, backstabbing appears each time they attack.

    If they use a quick weapon such as the Uchigatana, I'll resort to switching to both hands and attacking when I can.

    Btw, rolling is my only act of defence. I don't use shields, only the Grass Crest, which I use while using both hands.
    avatar
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2313
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : How should I know?

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Yarxov on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:51 pm

    Lancelot you can't win this argument, just give up.

    BTT Great Lord sword outcalsses the Black Knight Sword, is weaker than M-SGS +15, and does about 520 Damage. With 50 Strength.


    _________________
    I do not live in hopes of a better tomorrow, or in blissful dreams, but I live for those who live no longer.

    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:55 pm

    You realize this never was an argument; it was only a discussion on opinions. I was also never trying to win anything. People that think their opinion rules no matter what annoy me.

    The only reason now, I suppose, to get the GL sword would be to complete my trophies.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 pm

    Lancelot wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:Thanks for your insight.

    Do you only attempt backstabs when some one gives their back due to a missed attack?? Or do you just circle people and pivot them??? Agian i am curious to your playstyle.

    It generally depends on their weapon. If they're using a poor weapon such as Dragon Tooth, backstabbing appears each time they attack.

    If they use a quick weapon such as the Uchigatana, I'll resort to switching to both hands and attacking when I can.

    Btw, rolling is my only act of defence. I don't use shields, only the Grass Crest, which I use while using both hands.

    I have zero issues with how you play. Epecially id you use two handed. And dont pivot. Keep doing what you do. What is your second ring?? I figure since you roll alot you prolly cant wear heavy armor
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 pm

    I use the Dark Wood Grain Ring, while wearing full gold-hemmed.

    BKGA's two-handed normal attack is very swift, and is why I use it.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 pm

    Lancelot wrote:I use the Dark Wood Grain Ring, while wearing full gold-hemmed.

    BKGA's two-handed normal attack is very swift, and is why I use it.

    Yea so you play with zero poise an no shield. Let the haters hate.
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 pm

    Poise is almost always what gets me killed, especially when people use fast weapons that do not allow me to roll away.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by callipygias on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

    I had great hopes for the Great Lord Greatsword, I was so excited in my first NG+ when I went to create it. HUGE disappointment when I discovered you couldn't even apply charcoal resin to it. It's so much cooler when it's on fire.


    Last edited by callipygias on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:44 pm

    You can't add resin to unique weapons. Would make them very overpowered.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by callipygias on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:51 pm

    Silver Knight sword is a unique, isn't it? It takes the resins.
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Lancelot on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 pm

    If so, then I may have provided false info. Allow me to check.

    It could just be for certain weapons, but I'm not sure.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies

    Sponsored content

    Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am