Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
LunarFog
TheAshenPhantom
tiamatt64
9 posters

Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it?

tiamatt64

Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it? Empty Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it?

Post by tiamatt64 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 am

I was thinking of replacing my current weapon (demon spear +5) with the greatsword of artorious. As it seems my attacks are dealing far lower damage than is required ( I have beat Mannus father of the abyss with it, but it was more to do with me dodging everything and some lucky healing. Still took a long time to kill him even with Sif heliping)

What kind of damage increase could i expect, its just to do it i'd need to sink about 8 points into faith and about 10 in INT. Any surgestions?
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it? Empty Re: Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it?

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 pm

I was never much on spears but have used the GSoA for a long time. Which version are you looking at? Cursed or Normal? It also comes down to wether or not you want to be dealing magic damage along side physical or just physical damage.
    tiamatt64

Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it? Empty Re: Is the Greatsword of artiorious worth it?

Post by tiamatt64 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I was aiming for the normal version. Just about to do gravelord Nito. I took the shortcut through the catacombs so no worries about a divine weapon haha. Must say i am impressed at how far this spear has gotten me, From blightown all through anor londo and to here. Just need something with extra oomf to it now.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm

The Greatsword of Artorias isn't good unless you have at least 40 in strength, dex, faith, and intelligence. It has scaling in every stat, but the scaling is weak.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Unless you're really in love with it I would say there's likely something better for you. Lunar's point about the low scaling is accurate so unless you're high level, it probably won't outdamage a ton of weapons and even then it's split damage so some +15 weapons will outperform it in actual damage. And they can be buffed. My +15 Great Scythe lemon buffed does more in practical use than the GSoA and I'm at 40 or better in all the scaling stats on it. Also, the moveset for the GSoA pretty limited. The R1 is pretty sweet though. So.....

It's worth it if you want it to be.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm

I'm currently in the process of reworking one of my oldest, and most horribly crafted toons into an Arty Sword toon, and at the moment I'm around 40 STR, 25 DEX, 20 INT, and 50 FTH, and I'm doing damage that's maybe 20ish points over what I see with other Great Swords. I intend to level this build to 250ish, where I'm sure he'll become a monster with it, but if you're not willing to over level, or severely limit your other stats, then it probably isn't worth it.

If you're thinking about an Arty toon, and you like spears, you may think about looking into the Dragon Slayer Spear. The way I leveled my toon, I had STR, DEX, and FTH higher first, which also happen to be the stats that the DSS scales with, so I've been using it as a backup weapon, and with those scaling stats to back it up, it does really great damage for a spear. Maybe give that a shot? It doesn't have nearly the stat investment that the GSoA does.
    AFROJT
    AFROJT
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AFROJT Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm

It's a decent weapon at higher levels, I honestly prefer the Abyss Greatsword over it though.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm level 300 and my True arty GS still falls behind a few of my other weapons in terms of damage. You'd really have to pump your guy up to get the crazy good stats.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm

At level 314 with 50 in STR/DEX/FAI/INT the Abyss Greatsword with 10 humanity almost always out-damages the True Greatsword.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 pm

What I've found to be nice about the True GSoA is that 2h you can attack for pretty decent damage right through people's shields. That's what's kept me using it over the Abyss and the Cursed version. Plus I kinda hate the Abyss Great Swords moveset.
    tiamatt64

Post by tiamatt64 Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 am

I found myself a black knights halberd. Have upgraded that to +5 with this primarily strength based build. Is doing quite silly dmg. Kills skeleton dogs in 1 2H attack. big grin
    Cachorrao
    Cachorrao

Post by Cachorrao Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 am

That is my favorite one, when i check it on Wiki Souls Space, i just start to run a build to use it, but in my main character, and not a new char, but i have to say in first moments i few like disapoint cuz is a lil bit slow, cuz i come from Uchigatana so you know, but with time and some sparring, i start to really like it.

My GSoA if +5 Right now, and i check in Mugenmonkeys Character Planner, Damage is 554 total.

STR 34
    DEX 20
    INT 50
    FAI 20

U Should pick a new character, and make a build for it, and see what u think about, early with the stats she ask for, is a low damege, but late with high stats she gonna blast yall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 pm