How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Share
    avatar
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 70
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by dsg78gaming on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 pm

    I have made a couple of video's of doing heavy damage to bosses. In this video I showed some of the potential of Dark Bead :

    http://youtu.be/xEh7aSx_ojk

    Now I was only only level 41 on int and was only using the sorcerers catalyst which had a magic adj of 213 at level 41 int. As shown in video I was able to do huge damage with the right rings equip. If I improved my level slightly and used the TCC I could have a magic adj close to 300 and this would destroy all enemies in ng+ in seconds. I feel this is way overpowered and makes it way way to easy making it a game breaker. What do you think about the power of Dark Bead?


    _________________
    What can you when you cant play dark souls, watch it instead:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dsg78gaming
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by GenericUsername on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

    Manus catalyst increases damage even more with the strength scaling.

    But yeah I don't really care anymore. I'm on NG+11 and I've paid my dues with fighting the bosses fairly the first two times. So I have no problem with blasting off 2000+ damage from bosses.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm

    I'm getting a little sick of hearing about this spell... :x

    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:59 pm

    And so it came to pass that the Bieber Ring, reviled for eons, faded into obscurity. The days of ninja flipping (handsprings, they were always handsprings) tanks with lightning Zweihanders became but a memory. Cries of protest and lack of reality in a fantasy action game became hushed whispers. Stories that often began with "back in the day." With this, came balance.


    But then.....in a new land, unforeseen by all, a scourge appeared to take it's place. This new menace, made of darkness rather than gold, arose. Wood grain gave way to white edges. A fresh terror clawed it's way to the land.

    And thus....the BIEBER SPELL WAS BORN!!

    avatar
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 44
    Location : Ng+13

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by FlorisFreakshow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

    Completly dodgeble...


    _________________
    "We can Escape from Reality, not our Karma" Shrug

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

    Very
    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Acarnatia on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:51 pm

    As someone who uses Pursuers and Dark Bead (and as someone who has fought players with it many times) I really don't think it's that overpowered. While I'm not a particularly good player, I still rarely get more than two beads to hit per cast and I rarely get even that with my pursuers. (though my connection and lag seems to be really good, so...) I usually do a lot better with my CMW buffed BSS or SSS.
    I wonder how much this post will affect my reputation.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:14 pm

    Acarnatia wrote:As someone who uses Pursuers and Dark Bead (and as someone who has fought players with it many times) I really don't think it's that overpowered. While I'm not a particularly good player, I still rarely get more than two beads to hit per cast and I rarely get even that with my pursuers. (though my connection and lag seems to be really good, so...) I usually do a lot better with my CMW buffed BSS or SSS.
    I wonder how much this post will affect my reputation.

    Lol. You're more of a man than a lot of people that won't admit it. Bow

    If someone wants to use pursuers then fine. 2 slots aint worth it to me. I've had great success with it, but my 2 "refined" mages are not really suited for it. I am however, making a DMB with the Dragonslayer Bow, Avelyn, and Pursuers for the sole purpose of killing the indicted...I'm sure it will be hated.

    Dark Bead is just ridiculous because of 16 INT and damage stacking. A sorcerer starts out at 16 INT, and can be extremely op by soul level 10. Other than that, I'd say its stacking the elf ears with the BDCR and a TinCat that is op more than anything else. Even Hornets now-a-days.

    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 283
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-01-23

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by psychichobo on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm

    Well, people tend to get caught out by it due to its speed more than anything. That, and the age old problem of actually just trying to get to somewhere and getting invaded on the way. If your setup's not that optimal it can really hurt.


    Another note: Does the Silver Pendant block it? I might start using it just to catch people off guard...
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by GenericUsername on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

    psychichobo wrote:Well, people tend to get caught out by it due to its speed more than anything. That, and the age old problem of actually just trying to get to somewhere and getting invaded on the way. If your setup's not that optimal it can really hurt.


    Another note: Does the Silver Pendant block it? I might start using it just to catch people off guard...

    Dark Bead is deflected by it although it leaves you open to back stabs and the likes. Also Pretty sure it doesn't work if someone comes inside the pendant circle thing. Pursuers only get held back as long as the barrier is up unless you're at the perfect range, then pursuers also get deflected.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:50 pm

    GenericUsername wrote:
    psychichobo wrote:Well, people tend to get caught out by it due to its speed more than anything. That, and the age old problem of actually just trying to get to somewhere and getting invaded on the way. If your setup's not that optimal it can really hurt.


    Another note: Does the Silver Pendant block it? I might start using it just to catch people off guard...

    Dark Bead is deflected by it although it leaves you open to back stabs and the likes. Also Pretty sure it doesn't work if someone comes inside the pendant circle thing. Pursuers only get held back as long as the barrier is up unless you're at the perfect range, then pursuers also get deflected.

    Yep, and is also doesnt' stop the pursuers to CSS combo...which is more deadly if you ask me.
    avatar
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 70
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by dsg78gaming on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 pm

    It is fun though riping huge damage of a opponent when you pull of a well stacked high damage magic attack but you feel silly when you miss and they backstab you


    _________________
    What can you when you cant play dark souls, watch it instead:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dsg78gaming

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

    dsg78gaming wrote:It is fun though riping huge damage of a opponent when you pull of a well stacked high damage magic attack but you feel silly when you miss and they backstab you

    I've heard that....I wouldn't know? :oops:
    avatar
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 105
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-06-11
    Age : 23
    Location : throughout lordran spreading misery

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by DeathlyLemons on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm

    ive used the silver pendant when an invader cast persuers, i thought the pendant deflected them but they just proceeded to go around my aura and hit me when it went down


    _________________
    nobody knows how to tie their shoes with their ears, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be your favorite salad dressing.
    avatar
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 24
    Location : SC

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Jiub of Carim on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm getting a little sick of hearing about this spell... :x
    same here.


    _________________
    Your humanity is really slipping.
    But there are methods. Most fools have more humanity than they know what to do with.
    Now, who do you imagine will make the best use of it, hmm?


    Xbox 360 GT: L3XFactorAkuma
    PSN: TayloredRedWing

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 am

    DeathlyLemons wrote:ive used the silver pendant when an invader cast persuers, i thought the pendant deflected them but they just proceeded to go around my aura and hit me when it went down

    It didn't work then bud. Coulda been lag. sad

    SP deflects ALL Dark Magic.

    Same as Force, but Force deflects almost everything, including arrows. big grin
    avatar
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 97
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Scotland

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Nightmare Moon on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 am

    I find dark bead really easy to dodge. As long as your keeping an eye on what your opponents got in his hands and he has a catalyst then you should always prepare to dodge a dark bead. Thats just the way i see it though.
    avatar
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 712
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 56
    Location : Nebraska, USA

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Green__Eagle on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 am

    You should try it again using the Dusk Crown for 20% magic boost (I think).


    _________________
    PSN ID: Green__Eagle. (2 underscores) Over 3,000 hours playing Dark Souls!
    Please visit My YouTube Channel Thanks!
    avatar
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 130
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 22
    Location : New Londo Ruins

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by moomootv on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:25 pm

    I!!! Sir Dalerth!!! The 3rd!!! shall spam my r1 with my pike of HOLY steel!!! behind my havel shield of PURE rock!!! as I shout MIGHTY lolz!!! into the wind.

    Ok these spells are op but at the same time not i think that they should tone down the stacked dmg on bread so that you cant just run up boom 3000+ dmg and take 99 end wih a havel shield to block and still have stm to move (not really but you get the point they **** stm) the pursers arent op they are easy to dodge but if you cant roll you can use a wall but ive have a problem to where a purser will hit somthing i will see it hear it hit the wall but then a few sec later they hit my shield(Basicly they turn invisble when they hit a wall) but thats the only problem i have with then


    _________________
    Party Hard!!

    Psn: Nielarken

    Sponsored content

    Re: How overpowererd is Dark Bead?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 pm