Dark Bead at 16 int

    Share
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm

    i just got the dlc, and one of my chars has 16 int, been using great heavy soul arrow on it, but i just found out the dark bead can be used with 16 int, would the dmg be better than my current GHSA?
    never met anyone with the dark magic in pvp, so im 100% blank on the dmg
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

    Depends on what catalyst you're using and what strength or dex you have.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

    12 str,9 dex using the oolacile catalyst atm
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 103
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Emergence on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm

    Depends on proximity as well. Bead spreads out like a shotgun blast. If you are pegging someone at the same distance of a soul arrow/spear, only one or two orbs will connect for negligible damage. Bead is more of a up close and personal in-yo-face kind of spell.


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 pm

    ok, thx guys. wont rush to the dlc area for the spell then big grin
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Myztyrio on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:40 pm

    ShadowStalker wrote:i just got the dlc, and one of my chars has 16 int, been using great heavy soul arrow on it, but i just found out the dark bead can be used with 16 int, would the dmg be better than my current GHSA?
    never met anyone with the dark magic in pvp, so im 100% blank on the dmg

    How is it you've never come across someone using Dark Magic? And I would argue that Dark Bead is the strongest spell. The fact that it isn't abused that much by people with 16 int/oolacile catalyst is somewhat surprising to me.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 23
    Location : NYC

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by mugenis4real on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 pm

    Equip the Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, with the Oolacile Catalyst at close range you will be dealing anywhere from 800-1000 damage.
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm

    Myztyrio wrote:
    ShadowStalker wrote:i just got the dlc, and one of my chars has 16 int, been using great heavy soul arrow on it, but i just found out the dark bead can be used with 16 int, would the dmg be better than my current GHSA?
    never met anyone with the dark magic in pvp, so im 100% blank on the dmg

    How is it you've never come across someone using Dark Magic? And I would argue that Dark Bead is the strongest spell. The fact that it isn't abused that much by people with 16 int/oolacile catalyst is somewhat surprising to me.

    most of my builds are below sl 30, guess thats the reason winking or ive just been lucky \o/
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 103
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Emergence on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:59 pm

    I wasn't advising you to not get bead, just clarifying that it's a spell for a different situation than ghsa. Point blank though, few things can hit as hard as bead can.


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm

    mugenis4real wrote:Equip the Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, with the Oolacile Catalyst at close range you will be dealing anywhere from 800-1000 damage.

    are u sure???? that would be incredible, the highest dmg ive done in pvp was a little over 500, i got in a bs with sunlight buffed msgs lol!
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 pm

    Emergence wrote:I wasn't advising you to not get bead, just clarifying that it's a spell for a different situation than ghsa. Point blank though, few things can hit as hard as bead can.
    this bead spell rlly sounds intresting. think i gotta try to reach the dlc are asap big grin
    avatar
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 44
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Location : Darkroot

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by ShadowStalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 pm

    thanks to everyone who replied in this thread, rlly helpful with tips and pointers from other players, who has tried things i havent happy rlly appreciate it happy
    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 23
    Location : NYC

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by mugenis4real on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 pm

    ShadowStalker wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:Equip the Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, with the Oolacile Catalyst at close range you will be dealing anywhere from 800-1000 damage.

    are u sure???? that would be incredible, the highest dmg ive done in pvp was a little over 500, i got in a bs with sunlight buffed msgs lol!
    Yea it does seem a little ridiculous, but then that's exactly why many people consider Dark Magic to be overpowered.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Jansports on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 pm

    16 INT is really cool. GMW and the utility spells like Cast Light, Chameleon, repair. and now with the DLC two strongish new offensive spells in Bead / Orb

    I Highly reccomend Bead. Orb is more of a pve spell like the Heavy soul arrows I find it's just a bit too cumbersome in pvp.
    avatar
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-02-10
    Age : 24
    Location : México

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Dusk Soul on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm

    ShadowStalker wrote:i just got the dlc, and one of my chars has 16 int, been using great heavy soul arrow on it, but i just found out the dark bead can be used with 16 int, would the dmg be better than my current GHSA?
    never met anyone with the dark magic in pvp, so im 100% blank on the dmg

    You are lucky then, I've been constantly invaded in the burg at SL as low as 10 by people spamming dark bead and/or pursuers ¬_¬ not fun at all when you are just passing through.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Bead at 16 int

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 pm