Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
BIG TIME MASTER
User1
Animaaal
Sentiel
Kyōkai
Davfmy
The Letter X
Samurainova
12 posters

Wierd Fighting Habits

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Wierd Fighting Habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Wierd Fighting Habits

Post by Samurainova Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am

Shameful...
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 pm

I've seen this tactic before, but only once. It was laughable, and I was tempted to try backstabbing the dude just to punish him, but I just fought fair and square. We ended up tying because I was an utter PVP noob too, and his blind parrying got some lucky shots in. Mostly, though, the bad fights I get stuck with are people who turtle on bridge.

I personally like open areas for fighting so that I can go back and forth with an enemy, use some pyromancies, some miracles, etc. it just makes it more fun than blindparriers, turtletankers, or those chainstabbers that I have never been able to avoid.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Yeah unfortunately you'll have to deal with them. I really sympathasize for them too, without a mentor its really hard to go down a straight path, its really just aa matter of doing whatever it takes to win. I felt the same at the beginning too, fortuantely never gave in to it though happy
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Samurainova wrote:Yeah unfortunately you'll have to deal with them. I really sympathasize for them too, without a mentor its really hard to go down a straight path, its really just aa matter of doing whatever it takes to win. I felt the same at the beginning too, fortuantely never gave in to it though happy

I had to basically teach myself, although I do get tips from other PVPers I meet from time to time, and that's quite nice. I actually never got the hang of chain back-stabs, which is probably why I didn't use them.

I do tend to keep WOTG or a similar spell in a magic slot most of the time though, for when I run into chainstabbers, since they broke the etiquette of PVP. Anybody else prepare such countermeasures?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 pm

morte wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:Yeah unfortunately you'll have to deal with them. I really sympathasize for them too, without a mentor its really hard to go down a straight path, its really just aa matter of doing whatever it takes to win. I felt the same at the beginning too, fortuantely never gave in to it though happy

I had to basically teach myself, although I do get tips from other PVPers I meet from time to time, and that's quite nice. I actually never got the hang of chain back-stabs, which is probably why I didn't use them.

I do tend to keep WOTG or a similar spell in a magic slot most of the time though, for when I run into chainstabbers, since they broke the etiquette of PVP. Anybody else prepare such countermeasures?

Nope, I just have my weapons. No shield, no pyros, no spells, no miracles, nothing. silly
    If it gives you trouble, just don't move(or do anythìng at all)while you're getting up. It'll prevent the next BS.

I also had to teach myself, but I like it that way.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    morte wrote:

Nope, I just have my weapons. No shield, no pyros, no spells, no miracles, nothing. silly
    If it gives you trouble, just don't move(or do anythìng at all)while you're getting up. It'll prevent the next BS.

I also had to teach myself, but I like it that way.

Are you kidding? Not moving prevents chain backstabs? :affraid: I've been doing it wrong the whole time! I thought that I would have to get away as fast as possible so I kept trying to jump backwards! Thanks for the tip, man!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am

Just make sure you are not locked on while getting up. It will turn your character while you're getting up to face your opponent, allowing them to BS you. If it looks like my opponent is going for a chain BS, I literally unlock and drop my controller (to make sure I don't hit a button) then roll away after I take the hit.

It only sucks when you're at a point in your health that a normal attack would kill you, or when your opponent's weapon can stunlock you. In a situation like that just roll away and hope you don't get chained.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am

But chaining doesn't work anymore, it literally never happens to me at all! Either the gankers to dumb to chain or the patch made it harder....hmmmm mmmm hmmmm. Oh Hoh!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:40 am

I haven't seen an attempt at chaining in a while, so I wouldn't know. Most people just try wakeup attacks.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah bro i know i do wake up attack a alot with my Baller sword.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 am

The oddest fighting habit I think I've witnessed actually comes from me. When I have the demon spear in my main hand, and I'm only holding it with one hand, I'll do a very odd thing with the DWGR.

I'll Roll, Attack, Roll, Attack, Roll, Attack, Roll away. Regardless of if I'm being: Attacked, Turtled, Etc. I'm doing it just because of how epic it looks (seriously, use that weapon and look at the animation). It's one of the oddest habits I've ever seen from anyone. I giggled when I saw myself doing it on someone else's video.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Does this win you battles? Because you can look like a bat out of hell but as long as you win their are no complaints winking
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Samurainova wrote:Does this win you battles? Because you can look like a bat out of hell but as long as you win their are no complaints winking
    It is absurdly hard to counter if you always stick at the edge of someones range. It's pretty funny but it loses me fights against anyone that keeps track of my stamina.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am

Luckily nobody fights like I do they may come close but they always loose my style is unique and takes a different kind of skill not impossible or unbeatable just different
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 am

Lord of Ash wrote:Luckily nobody fights like I do they may come close but they always loose my style is unique and takes a different kind of skill not impossible or unbeatable just different
    Yeah. You come and start throwing all sorts of rare and valuable items around. lol!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am

The way Ash fights is very unorthodox and I can't put my finger on why that is.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 am

Throwing firebombs at me is quite unorthodox indeed happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm