Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Majikero07
cloudyeki
JoeBroski09
Spurgun
8 posters

a wierd experience

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

a wierd experience  Empty a wierd experience

Post by Spurgun Sun May 20, 2012 3:38 pm

i have a friend on PSN who i met while dueling in the burg. he was a host when i did a 15 win streak as a summoned darkwraith. after that he wanted to be friends and for some reason he thinks im amazing at PvP. we have dueled a bit and i muled him once, he gave me 20 slabs of each as a reward.
    today he msg me and said that he wanted me to come to the forest, he wanted me to participate in a gank. he said that he had tried to be honorable but the FHs just ganked/spammed etc. so he wanted to do some payback. i tried to say that we should either do it somewhere else or at least fight one at the time, but he didn’t agree. for some reason i joined him, but i didn’t really fight seriously. i was disturbed by how fun he thought it was and how he wanted to do it all day just to make them suffer.
    after i while he agreed on fighting 1v1, he did it and died. he msg on why i didn’t help him/heal him (i was the host). after that i stopped playing with him.
    im definitly not doing this again, i prefer hosting alone. it felt so wrong fighting 2v1.

PS. when i fought the one who killed him i got my first parry cheers it was a BKGA
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

a wierd experience  Empty Re: a wierd experience

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah, i solo host in the forest. I waz really suprised how awesome it could be. A loooot of forest invaders just want to have fun and seeing a guy NOT ganking probably would make their day. It would have made mine if i didnt get ganked indefinitely when i used to be a forest invader. That "friend of yours probably just couldnt deal with the new difficulty of pvp, and so he just wanted to be a douche to help his self ego. I personally love losing in most situations because it becomes more of a challenge and its more of a victory when i win. That being said, ive had a whole hour winning streak solo hosting in the forest. People who cant stand losing and give up on trying to win fairly are forced to win unfairly. Ive rambled on too long and i cant edit it because its a pain to do so on my phone.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 20, 2012 4:12 pm

i host in the forest because i like it when someone shows honour and i also like practicing against "cheap" tactics.

i went back to invading in the forest as a FH. i felt bad for the forest hunters.

and yes, i think thats what he wanted. i didn’t think he would be a ganker though sad
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Its so simple how gankers are formed. They're simply people who hate losing and cant wait to win. Still not an excuse for ruining a potential fun pvping time. If only they could taste the joy of fair victory.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 20, 2012 4:37 pm

mhm. I came across a host yesterday who I called out on for having a phantom. The host said he was there for 1v1, but when I brought up the fact that his partner was aiming to bs me while he wanted to fight honorably he realized why I didn't return the sentiment.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't stop hosting in the forest. It's a nice change of pace for the hunters not crashing into a gank.

I think the average hunter is kinda bad though. My current win streak as a host is 3 wins in a row before I got let my guard down and died.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I onky died twice at sl 30 something, no shield, 2 handing a halberd with full pyro armor not upgraded hosting in the forest for a few hours. I saw a LOT of drake swords.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 6:02 pm

According to an answer I got from Glory to Alvina thread, the closest SL takes priority before going to extreme gaps of SL.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Hahahahaha! Thats freaking awesome! I guess i was ganking the gankers. The guys who think they're so cool with their drake sword. Well, my +10 halberd will kick your butt! Haha!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I often leave my summon stone in the forest. Once summoned, I offer to fight phantoms 1 V 1. It goes very well, even the gankers are willing to accept my terms, since I can kill 30-50 forest invaders before I finally die.

I've noted before, a lot of forest invaders will just run from me, even if I'm fighting alone. To such a point that often I have to message them, and beg them to come back, swearing on my life it's a 1 v 1. It's quite fun a lot of the time. The forest IMHO is a much better place for PvP then any other area in the entire game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Gah! Talking about this has got me all excited for DkS, but when I got home, I unpacked my stuff (I was at my bud's the night before last) and I had everything BUT my controller. And he lives like 17 miles from me. GUH!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 20, 2012 6:27 pm

im going to invade with dragon form next time. doesn’t matter that im only sl 20, my punches will still hurt

but i have noticed that many gankers have one dragon with them sad the dragon roars and stuns you then the others stunlock you to death or just BS you.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Spurgun wrote:im going to invade with dragon form next time. doesn’t matter that im only sl 20, my punches will still hurt

but i have noticed that many gankers have one dragon with them sad the dragon roars and stuns you then the others stunlock you to death or just BS you.
    Really? My gankers usually do a D-bow backstab.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun May 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Invaders, especially Forest Hunters, are usually just as "cheap". They often use the forest NPCs to gain an advantage, etc. There are plenty of "gankers" on both sides.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 am

Rynn wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:im going to invade with dragon form next time. doesn’t matter that im only sl 20, my punches will still hurt

not the ones i have fought. maybe because it easier to catch people with roar than to get a backstab, some of them had bows but they never got the chance to backstab me so they just roared
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 21, 2012 3:26 am

I was watching my friend invade in the forest. He saw a humanoid dragon composite bow backstab some people. First time I saw it. It NEEDS to be fixed...
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 21, 2012 4:06 am

Spurgun wrote:i have a friend on PSN who i met while dueling in the burg. he was a host when i did a 15 win streak as a summoned darkwraith. after that he wanted to be friends and for some reason he thinks im amazing at PvP. we have dueled a bit and i muled him once, he gave me 20 slabs of each as a reward.
    today he msg me and said that he wanted me to come to the forest, he wanted me to participate in a gank. he said that he had tried to be honorable but the FHs just ganked/spammed etc. so he wanted to do some payback. i tried to say that we should either do it somewhere else or at least fight one at the time, but he didn’t agree. for some reason i joined him, but i didn’t really fight seriously. i was disturbed by how fun he thought it was and how he wanted to do it all day just to make them suffer.
    after i while he agreed on fighting 1v1, he did it and died. he msg on why i didn’t help him/heal him (i was the host). after that i stopped playing with him.
    im definitly not doing this again, i prefer hosting alone. it felt so wrong fighting 2v1.

PS. when i fought the one who killed him i got my first parry cheers it was a BKGA

You didn't become suspicious of him when he gave you 20 slabs of each type as a reward? How do you suppose he got those?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 am

Rynn wrote:

Thats funny cause ive recently run into health/stamina glitchers who like to breath me to death only happened once so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 am