Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SpecialNewb
wolfboy
retro
Animaaal
skarekrow13
The Letter X
GrinTwist
Seignar
WyrmHero
RANT
BLA1NE
15 posters

Let's Talk Grass--and Stam Regen

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Let's Talk Grass--and Stam Regen - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk Grass--and Stam Regen

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 am

X: I sometimes send a message to apologize for having been so dominant. silly Mostly when I invade players who turned out to be green at PvP, because I usually take it easy on those. But sometimes, especially when they have phantoms, I let loose, and I feel like I need to apologize after.

reim0027 wrote:I have enough on my plate as it is.
    Pun intended? If you don't need them enough to remember to use them, then I imagine that means you're good at managing your stamina.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Let's Talk Grass--and Stam Regen - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk Grass--and Stam Regen

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 am

Lol. Bla1ne, that comment was all for you big grin
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

BLA1NE wrote:X: I sometimes send a message to apologize for having been so dominant. silly Mostly when I invade players who turned out to be green at PvP, because I usually take it easy on those. But sometimes, especially when they have phantoms, I let loose, and I feel like I need to apologize after.

Something like 90% of the people who avoided me on Xbox avoided me due to "Over-Aggression." sad
    It's not like I attack when my opponent is gesturing or anything either. I always return the gesture, but go crazy shortly after.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 am

I admit that I used to be quite a cow and was eating grass in every fight.

Used to...

My main weapon used to be Chaos Blade and I was playing quite aggresively with it, so the Stamina regen was a big help.

Ever since I switched to more defensive playstyle and started using Rapier, the grass started to be useless. Rapier isn't an offensive weapon, so I don't need extra Stamina to punish my opponents mistakes. Also, the fights tend to be long (if I can't land a parry) and the grass' effect will run out soon.

The grass has one neat application, and that is using it midfight as a bait. When the fight drags, I eat grass outside of bs range, but inside of running R1 range and in most cases, if my foe decides to punish my buff, he gets a quick parry instead. Using anything else, doesn't provoke this action (unless it's to heal Aux). sad

However, it is very hard to fight against gank, or some buffed and extremely aggresive opponents without grass.

For those that want to stop grassing and buffing in general, you can try the same trick as me. Simply use Transient Curse. It's a buff, so you can't use grass, PW, or any other self buff and it lasts for five minutes.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 am

grass is a gate-way to other more terrible things … real souls players don't do grass.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Nybbles wrote:grass is a gate-way to other more terrible things … real souls players don't do grass.
    You've piqued my curiosity. What other, more terrible things you speak of?
    FlamingHarlekin
    FlamingHarlekin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlamingHarlekin Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I normaly only grass at the start of a fight but after that one i mostly forget it and just play.
    At times when someone trys to fish BS me, I use every chance i get to grass so he doesn't come close to me.
    Grass is cool in pve but not that much needed in pvp. But like I said, at the start of the fight and after its over, not again.

But i do use the grass crest shield :oops:...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Sentiel wrote:The grass has one neat application, and that is using it midfight as a bait. When the fight drags, I eat grass outside of bs range, but inside of running R1 range and in most cases, if my foe decides to punish my buff, he gets a quick parry instead. Using anything else, doesn't provoke this action (unless it's to heal Aux). sad
    Don't some people stand back to let you eat, though? There's lots of other ways to bait! My personal favorite is the lunge attack, but I've also chameleon parried a lot; there's the bow-bait, empty attacks, throwing knives, circle strafing and parry bs attempt, etc.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:grass is a gate-way to other more terrible things … real souls players don't do grass.

grass is the gateway to estus and estus can only lead to divine blessings … it will ruin your life my friend, no one wants that.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I've even heard some people get hooked on 'shrooms. Lordran has pretty loose substance abuse laws it seems.

Spoiler:
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 pm

^Only because their police force is so inept. silly
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:The grass has one neat application, and that is using it midfight as a bait. When the fight drags, I eat grass outside of bs range, but inside of running R1 range and in most cases, if my foe decides to punish my buff, he gets a quick parry instead. Using anything else, doesn't provoke this action (unless it's to heal Aux). sad
    Don't some people stand back to let you eat, though? There's lots of other ways to bait! My personal favorite is the lunge attack, but I've also chameleon parried a lot; there's the bow-bait, empty attacks, throwing knives, circle strafing and parry bs attempt, etc.
    In friendly duels, they let me use it, so I use something else.

In FC and Events, some will let you use it, some will not. It's easy to tell in most cases, because some people are really desparate to win and they don't even try to hide it.

In invasions, they won't let you use it, unless you happen to run into someone who wants a clean 1v1.

A Bow, or an empty attack works fine in most cases, but they require different ranges and especially empty attacks are prone to get punished by roll bs fishers.

Nybbles wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

grass is the gateway to estus and estus can only lead to divine blessings … it will ruin your life my friend, no one wants that.
    Estus is way too slow and heals too little. If I want to heal, I got still around 90+ Divine Blessings on some characters. A very good friend of mine helped me regain some of my items after I lost my data, with these among them. If someone pisses me off, I'm not shy to use them. twisted

Well, you can tell by the number that it doesn't happen much. I mostly reserve them for glitchers, or for very desparate situations, like when you got items on ground while trading etc.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Sentiel wrote:In FC and Events, some will let you use it, some will not. It's easy to tell in most cases, because some people are really desparate to win and they don't even try to hide it.

A Bow, or an empty attack works fine in most cases, but they require different ranges and especially empty attacks are prone to get punished by roll bs fishers.
    Ever consider that they're not desperate, they just don't like you using grass? Besides, isn't that what you're hoping for, that they'll attack you so you can parry?

Those other modes do require different ranges, and you won't get bsed if you use them at the proper range.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am