Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Villain1
IIdoneus
barrywilkins
BagerX2
TheAshenPhantom
Uparkaam
reim0027
Animaaal
Bioraptor
Green__Eagle
KingSeekerCow
Ashran
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WandererReece
BIG TIME MASTER
psychichobo
Peaceful Wollyhop
RANT
Odinbear
GrinTwist
Tolvo
ted1023
26 posters

Are players getting lazy?

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Are players getting lazy? Empty Are players getting lazy?

Post by ted1023 Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm

A few times when I either co-op or invade If i see the person is struggling I'll drop couple of humanity for them or maybe a weapon like a +5 long sword if I have it. You know something that will help them but, not break the experiance of a hard game.

I once dropped a few people a slab or two from a toon that was left over from the bb glitch days.. Now the funny thing that I see evey once in a while is, when a host summons me for co-op seconds later I get a message asking me if I have any spare weapons, titanite chunks, armor..one time I was using a brand new toon so I had nothing to spare and the summoner sent me home..lol Today at lunch I was sent a shoping list of items the person would like cause they don't want to have to farm... To me Farming chunks and items is part of the game..why all the slacking..lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Are players getting lazy? Empty Re: Are players getting lazy?

Post by Tolvo Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

:black-crystal:

Then.

:red-orb:

I haven't noticed it on the rise, but it does happen. Usually I notice it with people who have gear much better than they should, like someone using the Master Key to run and grab the Red Robes of Ingward. Seriously, every time someone asks me they are wearing that.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

I haven't been in co-op for a while but I do remember invading at Blight Town once and saw a phantom dropping some type of armor for the host. After they picked it up I sent him flying off a cliff with the Dragonslayer Bow.

That's really the only time I've seen a transaction going down.

If you are just there to help but not give them items just bc out like Tolvo said. Let them beg to someone else.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Tolvo wrote: :black-crystal:

Then.

:red-orb:

I haven't noticed it on the rise, but it does happen. Usually I notice it with people who have gear much better than they should, like someone using the Master Key to run and grab the Red Robes of Ingward. Seriously, every time someone asks me they are wearing that.

Maybe.... It's the up and coming Darkwraiths. Begging for OP gear for low level invasions. king
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm

i blame the bbg, now that its gone coop'ers arent dropping op stuff to newbies.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I got asked for armour the other day. I was so flabbergasted. I mean seriously c'mon!
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm lucky, I've never been asked. Though I'm pretty certain I've only ever been summoned by two noobs - the first was someone struggling with Four Kings, and the second was some guy in the Tomb of the Giants who was rushing ahead and accidentally aggroing mobs of Dogs...

So yeah, every time I summon someone they always seem to have weird gear, like Logan with added Greatsword, or Lord's Blade gear, or a pseudo roundhead look. No-one's ever really had gear worse than mine, which is odd as I've been sunbroing ever since I ran past the Dragon.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm

This is what :dung: are for.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Once I was watching my roomate play. Some guy summoned him and asked for stuff. The guy asked for good armor, and my friend gave him Gold Hemed Black Robes. Then the guy asked for a Soul of a Great Hero, and my friend gave it to him. Then the guy consumed it immediatley.

I said, "Why are you droping that stuff for him?" My friend said, "I'm not using this stuff."

Then the guy asked for a good weapon, and I said, "Give him the broken sword." Instead my friend gave him something else. I can't remember what it was, but it was something good.

Are players getting lazy? 2707236321
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm

i keep +5 fire broken straight swords for this purpose, the swords better than their gear but its an insult at the same time.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:This is what :dung: are for.

this.

Someone asked me once if i had some spare humanity for him. He was just a newbie so i gave him 4 humanities and the fucll elite cleric set (i always buy like 2 or 3 more and give it when im sunbroing, people find that armor very rare but i only need to buy it from patches)
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I usually do not except an item if I get summon most of the time. I usually just want the extra souls and medals for Sunbroing. When I summon someone else, I usually see what they have and go from there. Most of the time, its just humanity's.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 am

I was summoned for the Four Kings once while I was playing ng(6 or 7) fresh. I drop all gear at the end of each game. I only have what I accumulate during each new game.

The host asked me for dragon scales. Sure, no problem. Then he asked for my Eagle Shield (that I had equipped). I ignored his request and headed into the level. I still cannot believe the audacity to request an item that I'm currently using.

English wasn't his first language so he didn't understand my messages that I didn't have extra equipment.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am

I did have a bloke once offer to give me something. I felt rather bad though, since he was a low sl NG+ character who had already murdered Capra Demon for me pretty much, so I had to politely decline...
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 pm

If you want something?
    Work towards getting it.
    This is how I got my weapons an armour,an 90% of people on here did the same.
    Now don't get me wrong I will help new players but I will not drop my pants and bend over too every request
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 pm

I never had people ask me for stuff except my friend.

I was playing with him, and he messaged me, "I'm running out of humanity." I gave him some because it wasn't a big deal to me. I had some to spare and can farm the skeleton babies.

Once I had someone ask how to get the dark armor. He didn't ask for it. He just asked how to get it.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 pm

pS3. Since we use it to watch Netflix , I have my message notifications turned off. You know , the box upper right that pops up, says so& so is online/offline. And message recv'd from so&so. Most times I don't see messages till after session is done. I do this because of an early BACKSTAB while replying to someone once.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:42 pm

^ That's a new low. lol!

The invader has lazyness.:
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:53 pm

When someone asks me for something outrageous, I say, "Oh thank you, that would be awesome".

If they are rude about it I usually ignore them, and if we make it to the boss door I let them enter and then B/C out.

If someone is new and humble with their inquiries, I usually invite them to chat. They have access to several players that will answer their questions and help them out. One of us inevitably tells them about the wiki as well.

Making someone feel comfortable and a part of the community is the best help you could give them imo.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:46 pm

I'll admit. I'm lazy. I hate farming. I hate taking 20 hours to make a build. But, I don't ask randoms for items either. It just seems wrong.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

A moment ago I was summoned in the Parish. The guy sent me a message "drp me wepn". I gladly helped him by giving him a single throwing knife. He shrugged and then BCed me out.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Uparkaam wrote:A moment ago I was summoned in the Parish. The guy sent me a message "drp me wepn". I gladly helped him by giving him a single throwing knife. He shrugged and then BCed me out.

lol! Nice......

Like I have said I do not mind dropping certain items to new players. Things that will not ruin there game,like a +10 weapon non elemental.
    Or may be a better set of armour but not armour that would make them untouchable at that area they are doing.
    But like some of the comments on here have stated,its getting to the point with some people when they summon you that its there god given right that you give them something good b.c they see you have good gear on.
    Which by the way 90% of us have worked are *** off to get.......
    But yeah Kudos too you I like the knife drop lol.........
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 pm

I have only dropped humanity for other players and that's only when we're next to a tough boss and I know I probably wont have enough estus left to keep us both alive. Otherwise they're just gonna have to get the items theirselves. I got no problem telling them where to find it or even helping them locate it in their game. I also tell them to check the wiki. Sad to read some of the request you folks been getting.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Uparkaam wrote:A moment ago I was summoned in the Parish. The guy sent me a message "drp me wepn". I gladly helped him by giving him a single throwing knife. He shrugged and then BCed me out.

This is why we need low level invaders. Invade and kill. Lol
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Some guy in the forest asked me if I had 3 slabs to spare, 3 SLABS! I dont know if everyone is as unlucky as me, but other than the one you always get I have only had 4 slabs dropped since I started playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am