Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Villain1
IIdoneus
barrywilkins
BagerX2
TheAshenPhantom
Uparkaam
reim0027
Animaaal
Bioraptor
Green__Eagle
KingSeekerCow
Ashran
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WandererReece
BIG TIME MASTER
psychichobo
Peaceful Wollyhop
RANT
Odinbear
GrinTwist
Tolvo
ted1023
26 posters

Are players getting lazy?

barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Are players getting lazy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are players getting lazy?

Post by barrywilkins Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Honestly, the nerve of asking a phantom for gear. I'm here to help you out and still you ask for more? I guess if they'd trade me gold/silver/copper coins or a pendant, i'd be more willing to dole out all the extra chunks i got (addicted to farming those Darkwraiths I am) but straight up demanding items? No. But hey, those 50 Baldr Knights over there drop good items, why don't you ask them? I'll even bring em to ya twisted
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Just had a host ask for a demon titinite... I gave it to him since he was doing pretty good, but still, its starting to happen a lot. The real question is, should we give stuff if we have it and dont plan to use it?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:37 pm

BagerX2 wrote:Just had a host ask for a demon titinite... I gave it to him since he was doing pretty good, but still, its starting to happen a lot. The real question is, should we give stuff if we have it and dont plan to use it?

I wouldn't say thats a reason to do it. I have no problems giving subpar items to people with manners, however...

When people think they are doing you a favor by "letting" you phantom for them, I say screw em.

Either b/c out, take em to the boss door and just stand there when they walk through it, or draw all the aggro you possibly can to them and watch them die.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I will give humanity, gladly, to people who need it. I once played with a guy who died 5 times, but I always gave him humanity because I could see he was trying.
    But there are, of course, people who are just bad. I had one guy summon me and demand a great lord greatsword. I told him I was not on NG+ (which I am not) and he called me a liar and BCed me. Later, that SAME day, I was invaded by a red phantom, and it was HIM. He was wearing the same armor I had seen him in last, except he had...you guessed it, a greatlord greatsword! He even had the nerve to message me "Haha" after. I guess if one person cant give it to you, someone is bound to. But really, I do not even say lazyness is it, just pure asshatery!
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 pm

I've actually had a pretty good experience of people's generosity! I have about 90 spare humanities in my inventory, so every now and again if I've been playing with a host and they've been fighting well, I drop them one. Most of the time they bow or spin around on the spot or praise the sun and I can tell they're grateful, but nothing comes of it, however on two separate occasions they dropped me an item back - and both times it was a white slab. I owe both my Divine +10 Winged Spear and Occult +5 Claymore to the kindness of strangers.

I also usually drop a humanity whenever I drop a Cestus; it tends to sway the opinion of a reluctant host or a skeptical invader, and allows the manly sport of bare-chested fist fighting to take place unhindered...
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 am

I basically take a 'treat others as you'd like to be treated' and vice versa approach. If I'm hosting co-op I always leave a few humanity/grass at the boss fog if they've been with me through a whole level as a 'here's your thanks in case we don't get this' and likewise: if I help a host who has generally been good with heals when they were necessary (i.e. I wasn't in a position to crack a humanity or Heal miracle) and hasn't been running around suicidally I will be more willing to pop grass and humanities to stay alive for their fight.

I thought I'd help some low lvls in upper Blighttown a few days ago and I never carry a ton of moss, so I try to be careful. Host was a bit wreckless so I had to run around taking out blow dart snipers, got toxified twice, had to use 2 blooming moss. We got near the swamp and they just B/C'd me out, no msg or anything. Ugh, stuff like that is annoying.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 am

lol, if you think about it, when you dont feel like walking the world for a certain item and die just before you get the chance to pick it up, you could just ask someone else who has it and doesnt use it.

ive had my low moments, moments where i just want the thing for no effort, ask my summons for stuff. sadly, my internet connection says otherwise.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 am

This relates to Demon Souls but I've only ever come across this phenomenon once and made a thread about it:

Okay so I'm doing the DEX build thing in DeS just for fun as I've never done that before (the difficulty in getting pure sharpstone always put me off). I'm dual wielding daggers for the most part but also make a Falchion+10 and a heater shield for the tricky parts.

Anyway I'm at SL 25 and in 3-1. To my pleasant surprise I see a blue sign in lonely Latria so I summon just for the hell of it. cheers

I go about killing and collecting things as you do and this blue phantom is doing well nothing really apart from trotting along behind me. He sends a friend request so I add him. Then he suddenly places his character in my way in one of the narrow passages and won't move. I literally can't walk or roll past him.

I'm there scratching my head for a bit and then I receive a message. He's asking for a 'strong weapon'. Okay....I think what the hell, I'll give him the falchion+10 as I can dupe the materials anyway and make a new one. He picks it up and immediately sends another message 'No, I want a unique weapon'. The he sends 3-4 messages in frantic, creepy succession basically pleading and begging for me to give him a unique weapon.

I'm slightly taken aback by the brazeness (not to mention the weirdness) of this dude but I go ahead and ask 'which one are you looking for?' He says 'any one'. Now I don't really bother with boss/unique weapons and although I've finished worlds 1 and 2 I can't remember what I might have stored with Thomas. I tell him I'm going check after I open the first shortcut. He does say thanks but also says 'quickly please' :shock:

My patience is running thin at this stage but I think what the hell, I'll just give him something to shut him up. He begins messaging me again pleading for the weapon and telling me he'll give back the falchion, as if that was some kind of generous concession on his part lol!

I've already told him I will get him the weapon so I just message him with 'calm down'. Now he starts apologising profusely...

Anyway I go get the DBS as it's all I have and in the few minutes it takes to warp back to the nexus and get it, I get more frantic, weird and rude messages. I go back, summon him and ask him to drop the falchion (more as a matter of principle tbh). He won't. He sends me more begging messages calling me 'mate' and swearing he'll drop it when I give him a unique weapon :affraid:

I'm literally shocked by this dude's cheek and so I get angry and send him a message 'drop the falchion or f**k off'. He ignores this and sends more pleading messages and again promises to give back th falchion afterwards. Suddenly I see another blue sign appear behind him. I'm not sure why but it was extremely satisfying to summon another (sane) blue phantom just before I kicked him out of my game and deleted him from my friends big grin

So that was my first and only negative experience playing DeS online and I've been playing on and off since early 2011.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 am

Tolvo wrote: :black-crystal:

Then.

:eye-death:

Fix'd

I've had a bunch of Lightning Broken Straight Swords from the BB glitch days that I was giving away to these hosts. It's got like 80 AR, so it will help them through Burg and perhaps Parish, but it's laughable.

I hate farming myself, so whenever I want something I either ask friends, or here on forum, but I never want it free. I always give something they want in retunr, or help them out with a trade, or a boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am