Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
lovely_shonen
Doelker
TheBigLebowski
Dutchy
Poozila
Hyena
IIdoneus
twilightwarwolf
Mr. Tart
Gambs_the_Grey
Sentiel
Rynn
GodOfPaperclips
morte
bob90
Onion Knight
Phoenix Rising
FlorisFreakshow
LoreFF
gmwdim
CappuccinoJak
psychichobo
ClassicBlaze
raecor14
VaDoom
sure-magicians
Spurgun
BIG TIME MASTER
densetsushun
lextune
skarekrow13
Ulfsaar
TheAshenPhantom
billy_bayonet
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
Myztyrio
reim0027
Steel Dragon74
EeAyEss
Carphil
deadagain
GrinTwist
Sloth9230
WandererReece
ChizFreak
argetlam213
Flankydizzle
Ashran
Soris Ice Goldwing
Animaaal
The Letter X
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Samurainova
59 posters

Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Poll

What level of skill do you consider yourself in Dark Souls?

[ 1 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap1%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap8%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 55 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap47%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap19%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap13%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap14%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 118
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 Empty Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

The way you used "cookie coffe(e) party" sounds bad. From what I know of cookies, coffee and parties I might need an explanation on that one as it sounds like a highly desirable destination.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 8 Empty Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

mmmm cookie
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

why bob? why?! why you gotta make my inner grammar/spelling nazi come out?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm

I try to lighten up grammar policing here since this forum attracts a lot of members whose first language wasn't English. (Mine is Englilsh and I still make mistakes.....kudos if you get that reference). And even among us English speaking types, our slang and dialect differences make for some interesting spins on things.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 pm

bob90 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    bob90 wrote:Yea maybe you got no job no girlfriend sure u have enough time well done now get a life first grandmaster on the toilet.
    bob - it is NOT ok to talk to another member like this. There will always be disagreements here, some mildly heated posts, but you went too far. Next time you post an attack like this, you will get an official warning. We (all the members here) expect people to have more maturity in their posts lest we degenerate into the stinking cesspool that is YouTube.

okey,but you join the cookie coffe party
    Do explain what the heck you are talking about.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 pm

I find it quite hard to define any of the choices. What makes you a veteran or a grand master? What makes you a novice?

I don't wish to insult anyone, but i wouldn't be surprised if atleast someone who's a novice would claim to be a veteran whilst a veteran would claim to be a novice.

I won't vote though, as i'm not sure what to consider myself to be honest.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I find it quite hard to define any of the choices. What makes you a veteran or a grand master? What makes you a novice?

I don't wish to insult anyone, but i wouldn't be surprised if atleast someone who's a novice would claim to be a veteran whilst a veteran would claim to be a novice.

I'm a veteran based solely on the number of hours I've played. Certainly not on my skill.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:I find it quite hard to define any of the choices. What makes you a veteran or a grand master? What makes you a novice?

I'm a veteran based solely on the number of hours I've played. Certainly not on my skill.

What an open-minded opinion. I like it.

Also, I voted Veteran for the reasons Reim stated.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

I think when it comes to PvP I'm pretty much a master.
    PvE is where I need some *** work.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Darn it Reim, i was gonna rephrase myself before anyone saw it. silly

Either way, i feel that veteran is too strong a word for myself, but so is newbie or novice, so i will leave the poll with no vote from me. In my previous post i also said that it's hard to tell what makes you a veteran, when it's clearly experience, so that's a silly statement. Either way, i won't give it a vote as i feel that none of those choices suit me. :|
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Rynn wrote:I think when it comes to PvP I'm pretty much a master.
    PvE is where I need some *** work.

Bed of Chaos. *Cough cough*
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm

I honestly like the idea of having our own opinion of what we are at this game. It is fun to share these. Though a hermit is still throwing me off since I think of the spiritual aspect of it.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I honestly like the idea of having our own opinion of what we are at this game. It is fun to share these. Though a hermit is still throwing me off since I think of the spiritual aspect of it.

Don't you know? There's a whole Dark Souls religious order now. They call themselves the way of sunlight.

Aaaaanyway I think that I'm probably vet, if only by sheer hours spend (~300) but most definitely not above that since I lose about as often as I win at PVP (I do do forest a lot, though, and that's apparently harder)

Last edited by morte on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 am

That's onec of the things I try to enforce in my posts, ope mindedness and diversity of views happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm

morte wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I honestly like the idea of having our own opinion of what we are at this game. It is fun to share these. Though a hermit is still throwing me off since I think of the spiritual aspect of it.

Don't you know? There's a whole Dark Souls religious order now. They call themselves the way of sunlight.

Aaaaanyway I think that I'm probably vet, if only by sheer hours spend (~500) but most definitely not above that since I lose about as often as I win at PVP (I do do forest a lot, though, and that's apparently harder)

Indeed that makes you a veteran happy
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 am

i like to think im a veteran to master as i have played for much longer than i would even like to guess. if i had to guess for a minimum id say at least 250 hours since ive made and deleted many builds. as for skill i'd say im a 50/50.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 am

When I have a bow and things are far away from in both pve and pvp I feel like a master. Once things get up close and personal though...I suck. :silent:
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am

Holy crap your a ranger?!? Those are rare big grin
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Samurainova wrote:Holy crap your a ranger?!? Those are rare big grin

I would give my left hand to be able to use a claymore, or any sword, axe, or hammer for that matter, without getting my arse handed to me. 😢
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 pm

IIdoneus wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:Holy crap your a ranger?!? Those are rare big grin

I would give my left hand to be able to use a claymore, or any sword, axe, or hammer for that matter, without getting my arse handed to me. 😢

The trick is to have a shield with good def and stability and a sword that inflicts bleed, toxin, or poinson. That way, you can chip down at the enemy pretty quickly, even if they do have a shield up. If you use a 2H, you will want to have one with a high guard-break and good stun chance so that you can just hack away once a single opening is available.
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 am

While I'm only a bit above average in PVP, I know EVERY bit of lore there is to know. I can quote most item descriptions. I've closely studied the Dark Souls Design Works book I purchased.

So, while I don't like to brag, yeah... I'm a ***' master. At least when it comes to lore.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 am

Their is certainly more to a souls player than raw physical ability my friend ^^

Id test you but you might just look up the answer so.....as the master of riddles I shall give you a riddle...

Soft as water, tough as rock.

Want to see me? Just give a knock.

Come at me fool, harbinger of light

Theirs no escape so fight! Fight! Fight!!!
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Samurainova wrote:Their is certainly more to a souls player than raw physical ability my friend ^^

Id test you but you might just look up the answer so.....as the master of riddles I shall give you a riddle...

Soft as water, tough as rock.

Want to see me? Just give a knock.

Come at me fool, harbinger of light

Theirs no escape so fight! Fight! Fight!!!

The answer is related to Dark Souls? Let me think a sec
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Probably wrong, but I'll go ahead and guess Solaire.
    He is soft spoken (soft as water) yet tough (as rock)
    The "knock" could be a reference to activating his summon sign
    "Harbinger of light" is self-explanatory
    And you summon him for fights.

This is my guess
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 pm

No sir, I'm afraid you are wrong. However, I won't hold it against you, its a tough riddle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am