Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Share

    Poll

    What level of skill do you consider yourself in Dark Souls?

    [ 1 ]
    1% [1%] 
    [ 9 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 55 ]
    47% [47%] 
    [ 22 ]
    19% [19%] 
    [ 15 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 16 ]
    14% [14%] 

    Total Votes: 118
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 pm

    bob90 wrote:Hi guys just let me say this.

    this topic is senseless.

    There are no "Masters" in this game.

    Only Noobs everywhere!

    and all of you saying im a Master im so hot and skilled my fingers burning while spamming all the buttons im so good at my "sitting on toilet style" while typing the x button to lvl up with legendary heroes souls.

    all those voted for veteran. novice are the real masters and all the rest.. like to be masters

    Ummm, that's not what anyone is saying....your opinion and statement are completely based on your self conceived definition of what being a, master represents. And to be so arrogant as to post your inappropriate opiinion based on your own views alone shows a level a maturity I would appreciate that you keep off my threads.


    avatar
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -12
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by bob90 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm

    You can be a master of your own fighting style with ur build,but not a master of the game or players,u cant even be a pro you get kicked from a stranger one day down a bridge or cliff,cmon master im just a noob that played hundreds of hours only played trough the game many times ,my @ss got burned from bosses and other players. Yes it is all arrogant posts here so"watcha want bra" if you are good.call yourself a good player and thats it. Adios amigos
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by EeAyEss on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm

    bob90 wrote:You can be a master of your own fighting style with ur build,but not a master of the game or players,u cant even be a pro you get kicked from a stranger one day down a bridge or cliff,cmon master im just a noob that played hundreds of hours only played trough the game many times ,my @ss got burned from bosses and other players. Yes it is all arrogant posts here so"watcha want bra" if you are good.call yourself a good player and thats it. Adios amigos

    OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS.

    Look, I could theoretically be the best Dark Souls player around. I could be a master with any weapon. I could know how to use the environment to the fullest. I could be able to kill EIitti with nothing but thorn legs and orange charred ring. I could be able to do a flawless-no death-NG+7 run of Dark Souls. There is the distinct possibility of being a master in any game, sport, or activity in general.


    _________________
    avatar
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -12
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by bob90 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm

    EeAyEss wrote:
    bob90 wrote:You can be a master of your own fighting style with ur build,but not a master of the game or players,u cant even be a pro you get kicked from a stranger one day down a bridge or cliff,cmon master im just a noob that played hundreds of hours only played trough the game many times ,my @ss got burned from bosses and other players. Yes it is all arrogant posts here so"watcha want bra" if you are good.call yourself a good player and thats it. Adios amigos

    OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS.

    Look, I could theoretically be the best Dark Souls player around. I could be a master with any weapon. I could know how to use the environment to the fullest. I could be able to kill EIitti with nothing but thorn legs and orange charred ring. I could be able to do a flawless-no death-NG+7 run of Dark Souls. There is the distinct possibility of being a master in any game, sport, or activity in general.
    . Yes i know that u are flyng at cloud 7+. But what u just said now is ugly like a girl voice from an big armor user behind a mothers mask. Ur a noob its ok. Sure u can do it all alone ur so good and ur the master big boss ur the best player. "Now down the toilet with u" bring something out tht doesnt sound arrogant,get kill and go cry in a corner and summon some girly chars with their havels mothersmask noobies. And beat my @ss so i can go cry also in a corner and then i do the same like u did gona take my revenge on others with my buddies girly havel b!tchies . After im done with u i do "well what is it" and i feel like i have beaten the world" now im the master "noob". Watcha want tuff guy !?
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 pm

    WandererReece wrote:^ Book of the Guilty.

    Multiplayer Victories

    Sunlight Medals

    Ears

    Covenent Rank

    Most just base it on PvP Win to Lose Ratio.

    You realise not everyone PvP's right? Or even plays online?

    If all the community cares more about this than enjoying ourselves then I'm glad I no longer play online.

    Next you will all be saying fun is a 'buzzword.'


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

    Everyone please ignore Bob90, I think he's attempting to get my thread locked. Just ignore him I'm sure he will be taken care of by the authorities. Thanks guys I appreciate it happy

    avatar
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -12
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by bob90 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm

    Samurainova wrote:Everyone please ignore Bob90, I think he's attempting to get my thread locked. Just ignore him I'm sure he will be taken care of by the authorities. Thanks guys I appreciate it happy
    . Lol what are you scared about im not intend to wan ur thread blocking i just said what i was thinking if you cant talk to me than why you act so high? Well just keep go ur business

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm

    bob90 wrote:....Well just keep go ur business.....

    Look man, I'm not tha grammer police or nothin...but what does that even mean?

    I have zero problems with you stating your opinions...
    ...I also have zero problems with having a place to go to talk about my murdering twisted



    The Eye The Eye
    We are watching, let the war begin.


    Last edited by Animaaal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : gammer/shpeling/strukter)
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by EeAyEss on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm

    In my defense, do you even know what "theoretical" means? On top of that, do you know what "could" means? I was talking in figurative language, which sadly, seems to go straight over your head. I am nowhere near as good as some of the dudes on this forum, or on the twitch streams or youtube channels.

    I call myself a veteran, because, by definition of the word, I am a veteran of Dark Souls. Not because I am GOOD, but because I have spent hours upon hours of my precious time on this game. You cannot deny me the title of Veteran. It is specifically a title based on time. If I were to join the military for, say, twenty years, and I lived to go home, I would be a VETERAN. Not because I shot hundreds of terrorist a-holes in the face, but because I spent a large amount of time in the military.

    That was a nice stress reliever. I'm a Veteran and proud of it. I love dis game. <3


    _________________
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by The Letter X on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

    I'll just say that I believe there are masters of Dark Souls out there, but probably only a handful. There is probably also a single grandmaster that is near-perfect in both PvP and PvE. They are not perfect, but probably close to it. I know any given person can be defeated on any given day, be it by a NG dredgling or the newest PvPer ever. But I believe there are a few people out there that can do everything in Dark Souls so consistently that they can be given a title of master or even grandmaster.

    I personally think that not believing there are people like that is complete bull, but that's only my opinion and I know that I can be wrong.


    _________________
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 pm

    To say that everyone playing is a novice is a bias fallacy. There are people here who have proven themselves as veteran players through the time, effort they put into the game. I agree with EeAyss' post because of time put into the game. However personally I think of the titles people earn are much deeper. Anyone can be a veteran and master of PvE in the game but to call someone the same in PvP is something else.
    For me a veteran is a player who has put long hours into the game studying the mechanics, learning how to play. To experiment with different builds finding the ones that best use their play styles and then improve it by making what the has benefit them. The veteran can go into a battle with what he/she made and come out a winner. Not winning by defeating the opponent but to know that even in losing the veteran knows what went wrong and walks away with newfound knowledge and without rage.
    This is what I call a veteran and there are people here who damn well fit my definition of a veteran.


    _________________
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 pm

    Very well said soris! And to me, those characteristics do not make you a veteran, they make you a master ^^

    avatar
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 51
    Reputation : -12
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by bob90 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 am

    Um nice reply guys,than answer to this. 1.is a master someone that cant be beaten? 2.can he parry every enemy pve and pvp with just one try.(only press once L2 button). Can a master beat every ganker gangs he faces on his own? Can a master beat the game all alone with his sl 1 to game +7 without dying ? Because all a master would need is his own skills. You got those skills? Stay in reality whe are only humans and whe make mistakes the virtual world has too much unreal stuff it makes ppl brainwashing and dreaming. There is only one thing u could be a master at in dark souls. And tht is to keep dying. But what soris said with veteran is true i like the way he thinks.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by The Letter X on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

    ^Read my last post. I don't believe masters are perfect at the game, but I believe there are people that are pretty close to it. I said in my last post that any given person can be beaten on any given day, but there is no denying that some people are better than most veterans.


    _________________
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by EeAyEss on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

    Once again, the word THEORETICAL goes straight over your head like a SR-71 Blackbird. There is the possibility of being a master. The possibility that someone could do all that you stated. There may not be a person who has the ability to do that now, but maybe in the future.


    _________________
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by morte on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 am

    I'd say veteran. Mainly because the boxing run is giving me trouble when I hit smaug and ornstien.


    _________________


    GFWL ID: SnowPillar
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

    morte wrote:I'd say veteran. Mainly because the boxing run is giving me trouble when I hit smaug and ornstien.
    You doing a run like Kazamieras? silly
    avatar
    GodOfPaperclips
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 34
    Location : The cold, bleak north west

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by GodOfPaperclips on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 am

    I'm a Grand Master of getting my *** handed to me in the forest.

    Does that count?
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm

    No sir, in order to be a grandmaster of getting your *** handed to you you must have it handed to you in all forms and manors for a long duration, at least 1000 hours I would say ^^

    avatar
    GodOfPaperclips
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 34
    Location : The cold, bleak north west

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by GodOfPaperclips on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

    A whole 1000 hours! Gee mister, that's a lot of ***!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 pm

    Oh no worries sir I'm used to a lot of *** ^^

    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by WandererReece on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm

    Onion Knight wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:^ Book of the Guilty.

    Multiplayer Victories

    Sunlight Medals

    Ears

    Covenent Rank

    Most just base it on PvP Win to Lose Ratio.

    You realise not everyone PvP's right? Or even plays online?

    If all the community cares more about this than enjoying ourselves then I'm glad I no longer play online.

    Next you will all be saying fun is a 'buzzword.'

    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I know some people don't care about the stuff listed, or even try to rank themselves. However, most PvP people are diehard players that care about their status. Some will do almost anything to win, and a few will literally cheat just to win.

    Once I invaded someone in the Painted World who was already toxic. I found him because he never cured himself. I decided to be nice and give him some Blooming Moss. I droped the stuff and moved to the other end of the bridge. He ran past the moss, and I activated my Black Crystal. Then he stunlocked me to death before I could leave. That's how much he cared about winning.

    The worst player I met was someone who used a buffed Stone Greatsword. (P.S. Thank you whoever posted that video here. I officialy hate you.)

    Does everyone care about winning? No, once I was invaded by some OP red phantom. My weapons barely put a dent in him. He unequiped his weapons and fought me a little with his fist. Then he droped a couple items and black crystaled out.


    _________________
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by morte on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 pm

    densetsushun wrote:
    morte wrote:I'd say veteran. Mainly because the boxing run is giving me trouble when I hit smaug and ornstien.
    You doing a run like Kazamieras? silly

    Yeah, I saw his video on youtube and decided to try it out. Been having trouble with O&S, mainly because combustion seems to miss every other time, even at point blank. Plus, I forgot to fully upgrade my fire caestus, so I've been doing relatively low damage on that scale.

    I'm giving up video games, including DS, for lent, but I'm planning for my vengence against the ******* brigade! Hurrah
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by densetsushun on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

    morte wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    morte wrote:I'd say veteran. Mainly because the boxing run is giving me trouble when I hit smaug and ornstien.
    You doing a run like Kazamieras? silly

    Yeah, I saw his video on youtube and decided to try it out. Been having trouble with O&S, mainly because combustion seems to miss every other time, even at point blank. Plus, I forgot to fully upgrade my fire caestus, so I've been doing relatively low damage on that scale.

    I'm giving up video games, including DS, for lent, but I'm planning for my vengence against the ******* brigade! Hurrah
    Respect, not sure if I'd be able to play that build past Quelaag.
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by morte on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

    densetsushun wrote:
    morte wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    morte wrote:I'd say veteran. Mainly because the boxing run is giving me trouble when I hit smaug and ornstien.
    You doing a run like Kazamieras? silly

    Yeah, I saw his video on youtube and decided to try it out. Been having trouble with O&S, mainly because combustion seems to miss every other time, even at point blank. Plus, I forgot to fully upgrade my fire caestus, so I've been doing relatively low damage on that scale.

    I'm giving up video games, including DS, for lent, but I'm planning for my vengence against the ******* brigade! Hurrah
    Respect, not sure if I'd be able to play that build past Quelaag.

    I'll be honest: I called in help for Quelaag, the golem, the gargoyles and the gaping dragon, but since most NPCs die quickly after you hit the depths, I feel justified in doing so. I'm not nearly as good as Kaz, but I've gotten way better at DS as a result of doing the boxing run, makes you way better at parrying and avoiding getting hit.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:39 am