Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Share

    Poll

    What level of skill do you consider yourself in Dark Souls?

    [ 1 ]
    1% [1%] 
    [ 9 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 55 ]
    47% [47%] 
    [ 22 ]
    19% [19%] 
    [ 15 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 16 ]
    14% [14%] 

    Total Votes: 118
    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Exactly, what more could billy ask?

    you must cut down the tallest tree in the forest...wiiiiiiiith a herring

    Ni

    You must bring me.........A SHRUBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ni, ni


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Spurgun on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

    I no longer get stunlocked and killed my the torch hollows every time i enter the Depths. Only happens every other time i go there.

    I consider myself a master of DkS now.
    avatar
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 410
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-12-11
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by sure-magicians on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm

    Samurainova wrote:I guess newbies and novices dont get on forums then?
    Oh yes they do...

    The Letter X wrote:That, or they don't want to post in a thread asking if they are a master of Dark Souls.
    Oh no they don't...


    _________________
    psn: sure-magicians
    growing a beard...
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 23
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm

    Surely there are forum members who could be considered "pro's" at PVP, but no one wants to be that guy who calls himself a "pro"... and then gets proven very, very, wrong.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

    One thing to consider is also that multiple people would be considered masters of different areas in which they focus. For instance, Forum Pirate, the dude knows a lot about general PvP, and Darkmoons. Put him up against NG+4 Artorias, he may die in an instant. Then take someone like Callip, NG+4 Artorias, why that's probably nothing to him. Have him get invaded, he could be easily killed. I have Hundreds of hours of invasion experience, I used to be able to kill almost anyone I invaded. Put me in a dueling situation, I'd probably lose back in the day and currently. Take a great duelist, throw him into the forest and see how he handles a fine tuned ganking squad.

    Grand Master is the only thing on this list which I don't believe exists on this forum, I've never seen a player I could consider a Grand Master, but I've seen many Masters.
    avatar
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 410
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-12-11
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by sure-magicians on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:32 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Grand Master is the only thing on this list which I don't believe exists on this forum, I've never seen a player I could consider a Grand Master, but I've seen many Masters.

    I consider myself a Great-Over-Grandmaster of the Firelink Shrine arena, and you have met me...


    _________________
    psn: sure-magicians
    growing a beard...
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by WandererReece on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 pm

    sure-magicians wrote:I consider myself a Great-Over-Grandmaster of the Firelink Shrine arena, and you have met me...
    lol!


    _________________
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 pm

    By the way, if anybody was wondering what i consider myself, i consider myself to be a[Blank] mostly due to the fact that i enjoy to[blank] a lot and have a rather large skill in [blank]. I also have a very good eye in observing my opponents[blank] thus being able to fully exploit their [blank]. I also have a vast affinity for[blank] and a huge thirst for [blank] which eventually lead to my current state of [blank].I would also say that my particular weapons tend to [blank] a whole lot. It is due to this niche that i tend to surpass my enemies and thrust my way to victory. So for those reasons i feel that i must deem myself the rank of[blank]. Feel free to fill in the blanks ^^

    P.S. At some point ill fill them with what they really were. Person who fills the blanks with the funniest things get a plus one. Person who gets the blanks closest to what they really were shall be thanked meaning a plus 3 to rep. good luck, and please refrain from child like perversity. Thank you ^^
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 23
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:07 pm

    Samurainova wrote:By the way, if anybody was wondering what i consider myself, i consider myself to be a Gankmaster mostly due to the fact that i enjoy to r1-spam a lot and have a rather large skill in backstabbing. I also have a very good eye in observing my opponents backs thus being able to fully exploit their out-numberedness. I also have a vast affinity for famliy masks and a huge thirst for souls which eventually lead to my current state of ganking.I would also say that my particular weapons tend to 1-shot a whole lot. It is due to this niche that i tend to surpass my enemies and thrust my way to victory. So for those reasons i feel that i must deem myself the rank of Gankmaster Chief Petty Officer of the Gankers.

    How well did I do? big grin


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm

    Sloth9230 wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:By the way, if anybody was wondering what i consider myself, i consider myself to be a Gankmaster mostly due to the fact that i enjoy to r1-spam a lot and have a rather large skill in backstabbing. I also have a very good eye in observing my opponents backs thus being able to fully exploit their out-numberedness. I also have a vast affinity for famliy masks and a huge thirst for souls which eventually lead to my current state of ganking.I would also say that my particular weapons tend to 1-shot a whole lot. It is due to this niche that i tend to surpass my enemies and thrust my way to victory. So for those reasons i feel that i must deem myself the rank of Gankmaster Chief Petty Officer of the Gankers.

    How well did I do? big grin

    Clever my good sir clever! However i dont gank, i troll gankers and have a clan that trolls them as well lol. HOWEVER, it was clever, and well made!!!. happy
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 23
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:43 pm

    lol, I tried my bestest.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by SlakeMoth on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 am

    Well I'm not going to fill in the blanks but I am going to stick my neck out and say that no-one can regard themselves as a true master of Dark Souls until they've got the Platinum purely through their own efforts, no player trade, just sheer skill and application. PvP success shouldn't come into it because there are so many ways to cheat at that and I know of a lot of people on this forum who may be s**thot at PvP but admit they haven't got the Platinum.
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by VaDoom on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 am

    I think I'm a veteran.
    PvE : I played a lot of different build and know every enemy paterns and timings.
    PvP : I'm rather bad in my opinion, but still manage to win more than 50% of "loyal" duels, using "OP" stuff or not.


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by raecor14 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 am

    i don't think anyone can truly "master" dark souls. i for one can do very well with a faith/dex build but put me to the mercy of a dex/int build or a str/faith build unless i am prepared they could own me on surprise alone. i win about 8/10 of my non ganked fights, and i am pretty proud of that. when i go up against the same person 2-3 times i have normally figured out how to destroy their build, but every so often people find a way to compete with this. i for one use about 3 weapons per build nowadays so that i can switch every round to keep my opponent on their gard. my point is no one is better than anyone else at this game. take a newbie for example. give him 2 wog, high poise and mobility and he can destroy most builds with relative ease.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am

    Veteran, Im not sakillful enough to be a Master, but I spent a really long time playing the game, I remenber every area, every monster, their movesets, all that good stuff.....I just screw up alot of times...but I guess thats common in Dark Souls.


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

    ClassicBlaze wrote:Veteran, Im not sakillful enough to be a Master, but I spent a really long time playing the game, I remenber every area, every monster, their movesets, all that good stuff.....I just screw up alot of times...but I guess thats common in Dark Souls.

    I would think you a master if you know all that stuff, execution is only a part of it, as well as pvp happy

    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 283
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-01-23

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by psychichobo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm

    Veteran, but only because I know so damn much about PVE it's getting a little worrying. Most weapons I could tell you where they are on the spot. I need a new hobby...

    PVP however I royally suck at.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm

    Cool beans, however out of the thousand hours I spent probaly 70 was pve

    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm

    Samurainova wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Veteran, Im not sakillful enough to be a Master, but I spent a really long time playing the game, I remenber every area, every monster, their movesets, all that good stuff.....I just screw up alot of times...but I guess thats common in Dark Souls.

    I would think you a master if you know all that stuff, execution is only a part of it, as well as pvp happy

    Oh, Im flatered, but knowing is one thing...using your knowledge well is another...I clearly dont, since Im still catch off-guard, fail at easy parries, forget to roll at the right time...that kind of stuff.

    Its like...knowing how a house is built, but not knowing how to actualy build one.
    I hope that made sense....


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

    That makes.complete sense, a plus for you good sir happy

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 pm

    I also really don't consider getting the platinum to be mastering the game, a lot of that is just farming for slabs or weapons. Farming for hours of tedious work is not something I really consider masterful.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

    Tolvo wrote:I also really don't consider getting the platinum to be mastering the game, a lot of that is just farming for slabs or weapons. Farming for hours of tedious work is not something I really consider masterful.

    That's cwhat mules are for ^^
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Samurainova on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm

    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Veteran, Im not sakillful enough to be a Master, but I spent a really long time playing the game, I remenber every area, every monster, their movesets, all that good stuff.....I just screw up alot of times...but I guess thats common in Dark Souls.

    I would think you a master if you know all that stuff, execution is only a part of it, as well as pvp happy

    Oh, Im flatered, but knowing is one thing...using your knowledge well is another...I clearly dont, since Im still catch off-guard, fail at easy parries, forget to roll at the right time...that kind of stuff.

    Its like...knowing how a house is built, but not knowing how to actualy build one.
    I hope that made sense....

    That makes perfect sense to me happy
    avatar
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Location : Krieg

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by ClassicBlaze on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

    Samurainova wrote:That makes.complete sense, a plus for you good sir happy

    Thanks! big grin


    _________________
    The Imperium of Man shall endure!
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 24

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 am

    argetlam213 wrote:I'd consider myself a veteran since I rarely use a shield now that I know the timing of boss and monsters attacks. But when it comes to PvP I'm still a newbie XD.

    that's me in a nutshell! i stopped using shields since i wanted to get better and i felt that it'd be best to just throw myself at 'em!

    however, i'm awful at PvP! i think it's because i try to rely on parrying too much to actually fight them off lol. my dragonbro's had some success with my G-halberd+15, so i'd like to think i'm somewhat average.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 pm