Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LeftoverPie2
WyrmHero
Rifter7
BagerX2
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Ashran
AzureTear
11 posters

Dual Longsword PvP Build Suggestion

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dual Longsword PvP Build Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Dual Longsword PvP Build Suggestion

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 am

I used this when I was leveling up my main character for the second time.

It originally had a Bandit's Knife and used BSS, but I replaced the Bandit's Knife with a Shortsword, so you can dual wield and BSS with SKSS so it feels a little bit fresh. I picked the Shortsword because it feels more like an offhand, a reserve weapon, not something to be equal to the main weapon. I'd prefer to have a a dagger of some sort instead there to be honest.

The original idea is from this:
    Spoiler:

No min/maxing, just aesthetics were taking into cosnideration when this was made.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Dual Longsword PvP Build Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Dual Longsword PvP Build Suggestion

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Sentiel wrote:I used this when I was leveling up my main character for the second time.

It originally had a Bandit's Knife and used BSS, but I replaced the Bandit's Knife with a Shortsword, so you can dual wield and BSS with SKSS so it feels a little bit fresh. I picked the Shortsword because it feels more like an offhand, a reserve weapon, not something to be equal to the main weapon. I'd prefer to have a a dagger of some sort instead there to be honest.

Spoiler:

No min/maxing, just aesthetics were taking into cosnideration when this was made.

How was the moveset though? Was it viable?

and wow I really like the picture, did you draw it? The background and coloring is quite nicely done, the only thing that wasn't up to par with the rest of the drawing was the anatomy and posture of the human. Otherwise it was quite impressive.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 am

AzureTear wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I used this when I was leveling up my main character for the second time.

Spoiler:

How was the moveset though? Was it viable?

and wow I really like the picture, did you draw it? The background and coloring is quite nicely done, the only thing that wasn't up to par with the rest of the drawing was the anatomy and posture of the human. Otherwise it was quite impressive.
    Dualwielding Straightswords isn't much viable in my opinion, but you can use the left sword to catch bs attempts, which is what I used it for and some hack&slash action on no Poise opponents.
    I actually had more problems with the inability to parry.

The picture is not mine. I couldn't draw a rage comics with my skills.
    It's from here:
    http://kylefewell.tumblr.com/post/29979106906/my-piece-for-the-fangamer-vs-attract-mode-show
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Yeah I did some testing, dual longswords don't really have a viable moveset combo. But they do have block...which you wouldn't really want to do particularly.

Dang, maybe substitute the left hand weapon with something that looks similar to a longsword probably, what are viable left hand weapons?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:30 pm

With rapiers you can parry and poke...Estoc looks like a sword.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Meh, I think I'm becoming more interested in the utility magic aspect of the build I was thinking of then the longsword idea, it's just that it seems viable but there isint any special perk about it other then it being "dual longswords". It looks pretty cool tho.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 pm

The Murakumo as offhand is pretty useful, the swing is faster than when used in the main hand. It also can parry, if you're into parries. Maybe use the Server?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am

the mura doesn't parry wyrm, both L1 and L2 are attacks in my experience (the same attack at that.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 pm