Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Phoenix Rising
Noob-of-Artorias
ExecutionerTri
billy_bayonet
Myztyrio
befowler
reim0027
Uparkaam
Tolvo
raecor14
Rifter7
DoughGuy
Xero
drmuto
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
20 posters

Vote for best PvP'er in the world!

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Vote for best PvP'er in the world! Empty Vote for best PvP'er in the world!

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 am

After conducting thorough research, I've come up with a list of the top-5 PvP'ers for Dark Souls. Please vote for the one which you think is the best.

-Saturday-Saint
    -MartyrsBrigade99
    -Pepero-Tom
    -Kobra
    -Tonberry_KING

Apply your votes. If you vote for somebody other than me, please justify your choice.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Vote for best PvP'er in the world! Empty Re: Vote for best PvP'er in the world!

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 am

Iron Tarkus

No really, except for Martys (and I focus more on what he says then does tbh), I never saw a video from the rest, nor met them, so how can I tell how good they are.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00 am

Pep streams.
    Kobra is some guy, he's pretty good, you wouldn't have heard of him, though.
    Tonberry_KING made some youtube video that was kind of funny.
    But you can clearly see from my signature that I am the best so I'm not sure why you would say that you don't know how good I am, or what you would vote for anybody elts.
    drmuto
    drmuto
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drmuto Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:03 am

i vote for myself i jump off cliffs and survive that's how good i am!
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:15 am

Who are these people?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 am

Professional Dark Souls PvP'ers.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 am

A vote thread without a poll, I've seen everything.
    I cant tell if this is a joke thread or not (I'm tired) so I wont say anything more.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 am

that's your list? you're trolling right..?

i nominate that guy who just bought the game and is googling how to make the crestfallen npc stop attacking him.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

Rifter7 wrote:that's your list? you're trolling right..?

Yes, but in my defense, everybody on that list except Marty and Tonberry are good PvP'ers, so it's not THAT bad. And Tonberry used to be a really good PvP'er.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 am

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewujkMZ2i30&feature=share&list=PLPjQJT7BCKSWCEn-z57dE5S0LAsyQDen5
    My vote comes with a playlist.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 am

A little story if I may.

I met an asian player in Burg some time ago, who was menu swapping weapons midfight so fast I didn't noticed it (he always changed the offhand weapon). He was extremely fast and aggresive to the point that I couldn't keep up with his moves and he ended up dominating and defeating me all of the five times I've met him.

However his playstyle revolved around switching weapons to perfectly counter my playstyle and tactics and if I switched to a different tactic he switched weapons, but he always kept his tactic identical. The whole fight, he just chipped me, perhaps to bait me for a parry, with his ultimate goal to backstab me with Hornet and repeat if I survived. He tried to chain bs me at first but failed.

He was my toughest opponent to and I still haven't met anyone even by far as good as him.

However, I wouldn't vote him for the best player. While he won and I had no chance, the fights with him were very boring and his whole attitude and playstyle revolved around the need to win. I can meet players like him in every game and while they may even win events, tourneys etc; they are by far not the best to me. While in terms of skills they may be, I do not enjoy playing with them, nor watching them.

I don't want to promote, but players like Tking, who is currently making videos where he's using unused weapons, people who cosplay, or just troll, do silly things etc, those are much more fun to play with and they all deserve the title of the best player. If not for them, DkS and many other online games would be a min/maxing race to be the best with no fun left in them.

I'm a scrub and as such I would vote for someone who is fun to play with rather than someone who is a skilled advesary.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 am

My vote goes to Sunday-Saint.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am

Sentiel, you should watch the vid I linked, it's a forest hunter who Cosplays as Garo when he invades, and kicks ***. Of course he dies, but it's all about him paying tribute to a show he really likes, and using weapons based off of the character.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am

Can't argue with Sat's sig. If it says it, it must be true, right? Congrats man. Your self-proclaiming sig just won you this prestigious reward!
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am

Sentiel wrote:The whole fight, he just chipped me, perhaps to bait me for a parry, with his ultimate goal to backstab me with Hornet and repeat if I survived. He tried to chain bs me at first but failed.

He was my toughest opponent to and I still haven't met anyone even by far as good as him.
    It warms my heart to see a fellow player who appreciates intelligent and effecti-

Sentiel wrote:However, I wouldn't vote him for the best player. While he won and I had no chance, the fights with him were very boring and his whole attitude and playstyle revolved around the need to win.
    Oh.

Sentiel wrote:players like Tking, who is currently making videos where he's using unused weapons, people who cosplay, or just troll, do silly things etc, those are much more fun to play with and they all deserve the title of the best player. If not for them, DkS and many other online games would be a min/maxing race to be the best with no fun left in them.
    Oh...

Spoiler:

@Reim: I didn't make my sig, I just cropped that from something somebody else said (I think LostMyHeadache). You can easily tell it wasn't me, because I'm ranked 13 places lower than I deserve. I would never make such an egregious error.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 am

@Tolvo

I've watched only the first one so far. I like what he did to the Giants guy around 8:30. lol!

@Saturday

I'm sorry. I had a period of my life when I played to be the best and actually managed to be damn good. That was in times of Halo CE, but since then, I grew tired of it and I try to use my limited time that I can spend playing games to have fun and so I rather enjoy and appreciate playing with others who see the game as me, as a way to have fun and not a path to better oneself and aim for the top.

I think it was MGO that did this to me. :|
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I find it very hard to judge Japanese or asian players because of the significant lag benefit they seem to get when facing western or european opponents. You can see it in most of the sansie videos and others; he/she consistently has a good 0.5-1 sec delay advantage over other players, who are constantly reacting to a shadow version of him 10 feet to one side. I don't doubt they're excellent pvpers, but it's definitely easier to win when your opponent never knows where you really are.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 pm

@befowler
    I usually get backstabbed before I even have a chance to counter bs. I'm not sure if it's lag, or their superior connection, but fighting them is really hard and if they know about this and can exploit it, they're damn near unbeatable by the same means you can beat the ususal EU/NA player.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

What a joke.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Billy, nuff said
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Joking aside, Roanispe is easily the best PVP'er
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

mask of mother + full giant set + zweihander = best pvp player EVAH !!!!!!!!!!
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I'll throw my vote to either Peve or Rosie.

I've faced both at least once, and both have soundly kicked my behind.

Honorable Mention to DarkSoulsMindEye, who's one of my favorite Youtubers.

Last edited by Noob-of-Artorias on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Top rank in the book of the guilty on xbox! You gotta be uber good to get 60000 indicts amirite?!?! :roll:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm