Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm

EeAyEss wrote:If you grow a pair and face down the Gaping Dragon's chest-slam attack he does before he charges, you can smack him in the head for bonus points. Of damage. And man points.
    I did that yesterday on stream! It's a 15% bonus.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Rynn wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:If you grow a pair and face down the Gaping Dragon's chest-slam attack he does before he charges, you can smack him in the head for bonus points. Of damage. And man points.
    Do you just stream? Or do you have a youtube channel that you make videos for? When you stream, do you have a mic? Or do you just let people watch you play while you type to your audience?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm

She talks. <3
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:30 pm

EeAyEss wrote:She talks. <3
    Oh. I might look for the stream threads that announce it, then.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Do you just stream? Or do you have a youtube channel that you make videos for? When you stream, do you have a mic? Or do you just let people watch you play while you type to your audience?
    I've been thinking of making youtube video's.

Alright, I got one I guarantee no-one knows.

You can survive a lethal fall if you land -directly- on top of an enemy during your plunging attack. this doesn't mean your weapon slams down on top of them, this means "hopping" off their head. this is because if you "bounce" off an object like a head, your fall distance doesn't reset, but if you bounce during your plunging attack, your fall distance resets due to the plunging attack animation getting cancelled.

Also since plunging attacks get a massive DPS boost at lethal distances, you'll kill the person you do it to. Your blow hits for 100% of your max HP + weapon damage.

I wanna get a recording of that for a youtube video.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

I know that if you bounce off of the drakes in the valley you can still die from the fall from the red tearstone ring.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I know that if you bounce off of the drakes in the valley you can still die from the fall from the red tearstone ring.
    Do a plunging attack, if you bounce, canceling the plunging animation: your distance fallen resets. if you're still in the plunging animation, or if you never started it, you still take damage.

I did it to a set of gankers 5 days ago in Darkroot Garden. Their faces were priceless when I killed 1 phantom, then immediately bounced up and WOG'd them.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Rynn wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:I know that if you bounce off of the drakes in the valley you can still die from the fall from the red tearstone ring.
    Do a plunging attack, if you bounce, canceling the plunging animation: your distance fallen resets. if you're still in the plunging animation, or if you never started it, you still take damage.

I did it to a set of gankers 5 days ago in Darkroot Garden. Their faces were priceless when I killed 1 phantom, then immediately bounced up and WOG'd them.
    I'd have to see it happen to know what you're talking about. It's probably a fairly complicated maneuver, hard to describe with words.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

It's a toggle. You can only cancel the plunge by toggling out the exact instant you make contact with an object.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Rynn wrote:It's a toggle. You can only cancel the plunge by toggling out the exact instant you make contact with an object.
    I've never been good at canceling animations.. like Spell Cancel. Never could do that on purpose.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Rynn wrote:Alright, I got one I guarantee no-one knows.

You can survive a lethal fall if you land -directly- on top of an enemy during your plunging attack. this doesn't mean your weapon slams down on top of them, this means "hopping" off their head. this is because if you "bounce" off an object like a head, your fall distance doesn't reset, but if you bounce during your plunging attack, your fall distance resets due to the plunging attack animation getting cancelled.

Also since plunging attacks get a massive DPS boost at lethal distances, you'll kill the person you do it to. Your blow hits for 100% of your max HP + weapon damage.

I wanna get a recording of that for a youtube video.

I've done this a few times chasing people down the lifts in the Township. The hard part is avoiding bouncing off their head to your own death off the side of the platform, but the seemingly endless fall while in "drop attack" posture is hilarious.

Also, if you do it in full dragonoid form with no weapons, you land on all fours like some sort of terrifying werewolf. This is particularly fun because of the huge damage boost dragonoids get to unarmed melee attacks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh yeah. Dragons do something like 5000-6000 damage for doing this stunt.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Rynn wrote:Oh yeah. Dragons do something like 5000-6000 damage for doing this stunt.

wut
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Rynn wrote:Oh yeah. Dragons do something like 5000-6000 damage for doing this stunt.
    ... wow. I think a dragonoid will have to be my next character. I haven't made one yet.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 pm

EeAyEss wrote:
    wut
    It's the same concept as a dragon bow backstab. Because you get 100% of your HP added to the damage of a lethal plunging attack, the damage get's absurdly boosted.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Rynn wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:
    wut
    It's the same concept as a dragon bow backstab. Because you get 100% of your HP added to the damage of a lethal plunging attack, the damage get's absurdly boosted.

I have to try this. I wish I hadn't deleted my only character with a dragon stone torso. DAMNIT.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:13 pm

I think you can also get a HR bonus as it seems to treat a plunging attack as a critical. At least, I recently had a roar boosted dragonoid wearing the HR one shot a guy in Anor Londo just by jumping off one of the stairs onto him with an unarmed drop attack. God only knows what it would have done from true "lethal" distance.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb6S9d-GjlJRsKd-NU87eRU3cL6X2wi_cz6McQZtr2EpycgquP
    befowler wrote:I think you can also get a HR bonus as it seems to
    treat a plunging attack as a critical. At least, I recently had a roar
    boosted dragonoid wearing the HR one shot a guy in Anor Londo just by
    jumping off one of the stairs onto him with an unarmed drop attack. God
    only knows what it would have done from true "lethal" distance.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Plunging attacks can receive bonus's from the Hornet Ring and from the Leo Ring if you have appropriate weapons equipped. When combined with the bonus from being a plunging attack, you wind up with 30% X (40% of 30% boost) X 50%.

A *** of damage.

Claws are not capable of getting leo buffs, but I thought that was interesting.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Rynn wrote:Plunging attacks can receive bonus's from the Hornet Ring and from the Leo Ring if you have appropriate weapons equipped. When combined with the bonus from being a plunging attack, you wind up with 30% X (40% of 30% boost) X 50%.

A *** of damage.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 6572
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Rynn wrote:WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS

What, this doesn't have anything to do with new information in relation to Dark Souls, what a useless comment!

But it made me lol, so take an up-rep, you jerk!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Tolvo wrote:
    Rynn wrote:WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS

What, this doesn't have anything to do with new information in relation to Dark Souls, what a useless comment!

But it made me lol, so take an up-rep, you jerk!
    Hey, normally, I contribute lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Normally you don't contribute, because only recently you've become active again. silly
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Rynn wrote:Plunging attacks can receive bonus's from the Hornet Ring and from the Leo Ring if you have appropriate weapons equipped. When combined with the bonus from being a plunging attack, you wind up with 30% X (40% of 30% boost) X 50%.

A *** of damage.

I SHALL EXPLOIT THIS!

What kind of weapon would get the bonus from the leo and hornet ring? I'm not very clear on the leo ring's capabilities, even though I did watch ENB's video on it.

For the living plunge thing, you do a plunge attack, and switch weapons the second you hit the person? Is that it?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Just learned that the Silver Knights in Anor Londo can BACKSTAB you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:34 pm