Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hallsey Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

its possible to run pass more then 147 symmetrical pillars during the dark sun gwyndolin boss fight.
    ....Please dont ask why i was counting_Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 2707236321
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Ashran Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 am

Hallsey wrote:its possible to run pass more then 147 symmetrical pillars during the dark sun gwyndolin boss fight.
    ....Please dont ask why i was counting_Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 2707236321

Oh god... Point Down Prostration

Well, i was derping arround waiting for being summoned to do some jolly coop and i realized that the balder's side sword sheath is purple! And i love that purple.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 am

i've invaded people in the forest on accident twice. the thing is, i didn't have my cat ring on but i was in the forest. can alvina summon you if you don't have the ring on?! :shock:
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 am

Pursuers takes 2 att slots sad
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Pursuers takes 2 att slots sad
    as it should! that spell's freaking amazing, followed by dark bead!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:34 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    Haven't used pursers much. Doesn't do too much damage in PvE. So... I don't have it on my toon right now, but Dark Bead RIPS ***! Get close to the boss, and spam it. Boom. Way too OP.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 am

yeah, in pve it's ok. i'd use it over the soulmasses for sure though. dark bead is the best when it comes to humiliating bosses though. after donning my crown of dusk, dragoncrest ring, dusk crown ring, tin crystallization cat., and power within i'm able to OHKO most bosses even on NG+!

it's also hilarious to bash someone's face in with a catalyst. especially the TCC or the demon firesage's one (forgot the name since i never use it lol.)
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 am

Hallsey wrote:its possible to run pass more then 147 symmetrical pillars during the dark sun gwyndolin boss fight.
    Uhm... shouldn't that be an even number?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:17 pm

This has less to do with Dark Souls and more with MugenMonkey, but I just realised that the best class/armor optimizer is built into the build maker Look Skyward
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Hachouma wrote:that R3 centers the camera

I was playing around with the sniper crossbow 2hd last night, and this was the best way I found to use it (and other crossbows). Hitting R3 will center you in the direction the bolt will go if you fire immediately, and you can control how high or low you shoot vertically by moving the camera up and down. Much faster than binoculars.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 pm

befowler wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:that R3 centers the camera

I was playing around with the sniper crossbow 2hd last night, and this was the best way I found to use it (and other crossbows). Hitting R3 will center you in the direction the bolt will go if you fire immediately, and you can control how high or low you shoot vertically by moving the camera up and down. Much faster than binoculars.

I actually discovered it while trying to aim a crossbow, and wondering if there was one
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 pm

WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Rynn wrote:WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS
    How to drive.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:
    Haven't used pursers much. Doesn't do too much damage in PvE. So... I don't have it on my toon right now, but Dark Bead RIPS ***! Get close to the boss, and spam it. Boom. Way too OP.

YUP, I blinked or something the other day in a Gaping Dragon fight and somebody (looked like) one shotted him with Dark sumpin. Early on in the fight. Lol. OP on that boss fer sho.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 pm

If you grow a pair and face down the Gaping Dragon's chest-slam attack he does before he charges, you can smack him in the head for bonus points. Of damage. And man points.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 pm

EeAyEss wrote:If you grow a pair and face down the Gaping Dragon's chest-slam attack he does before he charges, you can smack him in the head for bonus points. Of damage. And man points.
    I do this every time. It's awesome big grin
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:If you grow a pair and face down the Gaping Dragon's chest-slam attack he does before he charges, you can smack him in the head for bonus points. Of damage. And man points.

I love it when a host runs around, but stops to look at me stare down the Dragon's slam. Then they try it and get killed. silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 pm

EeAyEss wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

I love it when a host runs around, but stops to look at me stare down the Dragon's slam. Then they try it and get killed. silly
    It takes serious skill to know where to stand to be as close as possible, and when to leave so you don't get trampled.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:59 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

It takes serious skill to know where to stand to be as close as possible, and when to leave so you don't get trampled.

I'm guessing that watching people like ENB and Kaz do it on youtube doesn't do the trick?

One thing that I found out is that you can firebomb/spear/longsword the black knight in the burg through a door. Damn helpful for a low level character.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:It takes serious skill to know where to stand to be as close as possible, and when to leave so you don't get trampled.

I guess I understood where after just fighting him so many times. (On my first run through, I farmed for titanite off the slimes, and also co-oped a bunch.) And I typically hit him 2-3 times, depending on the weapon, then run the hell away.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

I'm guessing that watching people like ENB and Kaz do it on youtube doesn't do the trick?

One thing that I found out is that you can firebomb/spear/longsword the black knight in the burg through a door. Damn helpful for a low level character.
    I saw Vageta do it, so I tried it myself. Took a few tries, but I got it down. :3

Also, first time I faced that knight, I ran, and closed a door behind me. Then I noticed that he couldn't come in, and I slowly killed him haha! Got his sword, but I didn't want to put in the stats to use it. I was like "I have to level up SO MUCH just to use this weapon."
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

I saw Vageta do it, so I tried it myself. Took a few tries, but I got it down. :3

Also, first time I faced that knight, I ran, and closed a door behind me. Then I noticed that he couldn't come in, and I slowly killed him haha! Got his sword, but I didn't want to put in the stats to use it. I was like "I have to level up SO MUCH just to use this weapon."

Yeah, I took me a while to notice that I could do it, about my 12th try on my second character. I usually lured him to the roof right outside the bonfire, for easy soul recovery, and I closed the door by accident, he hit me through it, so I tried a sword, then a firebomb, twisted killed him, but I didn't get the sword sad

Now, I usually just run for the ring, get it, and proceed to parry the crap out of him, since I've actually gotten some skill in that department now.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I don't kill him until later on in the game. Requires too many parries in a row, and parrying isn't really my specialty. I can do it reliably, but I also have a habit of not paying attention randomly haha! Sometimes I play DkS on autopilot, and when I have to parry 12 times in a row, it's hard to pay attention every single time. Gets boring and such haha!

Plus that ring isn't nearly as useful as others.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I don't kill him until later on in the game. Requires too many parries in a row, and parrying isn't really my specialty. I can do it reliably, but I also have a habit of not paying attention randomly haha! Sometimes I play DkS on autopilot, and when I have to parry 12 times in a row, it's hard to pay attention every single time. Gets boring and such haha!

True, it's boring, but I like to beat the crap out of him because he was the scourge of my existence on my first play through, I thought he led to some kind of area with better loot/mobs, kind of like a miniboss. Spent days trying to beat him before going to the wiki. It's on principle, really.

The ring isn't that good, you're right, but I'm a bit of a kleptomaniac with items.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:I don't kill him until later on in the game. Requires too many parries in a row, and parrying isn't really my specialty. I can do it reliably, but I also have a habit of not paying attention randomly haha! Sometimes I play DkS on autopilot, and when I have to parry 12 times in a row, it's hard to pay attention every single time. Gets boring and such haha!

True, it's boring, but I like to beat the crap out of him because he was the scourge of my existence on my first play through, I thought he led to some kind of area with better loot/mobs, kind of like a miniboss. Spent days trying to beat him before going to the wiki. It's on principle, really.

The ring isn't that good, you're right, but I'm a bit of a kleptomaniac with items.
    You collect every item on every toon? I've had too many toons to be like that.. All of them are kinda melded together, sometimes I forget that I haven't picked up Havel's ring and such.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:36 pm