Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

I discovered that forcing yourself to do more difficult areas early on(as soon as you leave the asylum, that is) makes the game significantly easier in 2 ways:
    1)You get early access to things that make your playthrough easier, like the Rite of Kindling or an OP weapon
    2)It forces you to learn to play better silly
    Alex_Fairhurst
    Alex_Fairhurst

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 12 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Alex_Fairhurst Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I was in the Valley of Drakes recently and found a humanity tucked away in a cave. Next to where the dragon on the tiny cliff side is.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Alex_Fairhurst wrote:I was in the Valley of Drakes recently and found a humanity tucked away in a cave. Next to where the dragon on the tiny cliff side is.
    It also makes for a great hole to direct his lightning into while you smack him with a great scythe silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    -- There are some truly creepy statues in the Asylum. From the door where you do a drop attack onto the asylum demon, instead jump left or right onto the little platforms. Then rotate your camera upwards until you are looking down on your head, and take a look at the statue. And then never sleep again.
    I've never noticed any statues there...
    I am going to do this and if what you're saying is true, I will hold you responsible and you will have to keep me company in the Forest for the whole night.

Haha yeah, they are up in the windows on the second level of the big open arena where you fight the first demon. They seem nondescript from afar, but if you do the above...
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm pretty sure it's whatever you equip second negates the visual effect of whatever you equip first. I think so anyway.

Wolf ring always gets the priority, I think. I can't remember how it is with the RTSR though.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

befowler wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    -- There are some truly creepy statues in the Asylum. From the door where you do a drop attack onto the asylum demon, instead jump left or right onto the little platforms. Then rotate your camera upwards until you are looking down on your head, and take a look at the statue. And then never sleep again.
    I've never noticed any statues there...
    I am going to do this and if what you're saying is true, I will hold you responsible and you will have to keep me company in the Forest for the whole night.

Haha yeah, they are up in the windows on the second level of the big open arena where you fight the first demon. They seem nondescript from afar, but if you do the above...

Oh god i will check this later. 2SPOOKY :eye-death:
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I never knew that there was a small cave in the Valley of Drakes, that had a corpse with humanity on it.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

I found out about the Asylum statues when I was on my chameleon run and I have to say that I wish I could have invaded looking like that lol!

Here's something useful that I just learned from FinPeku that if you have your shield up while you run you will never jump forward only roll forward allowing you to run away and dodge simultaneously.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Marionx wrote:I never knew that there was a small cave in the Valley of Drakes, that had a corpse with humanity on it.

It's so well-hidden. You can just run past that cave over and over again and never be the wiser.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Marionx wrote:I never knew that there was a small cave in the Valley of Drakes, that had a corpse with humanity on it.

It's so well-hidden. You can just run past that cave over and over again and never be the wiser.

I've been through so many playthroughs, but never seen it until I saw it on a youtube video.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I rolled into it accidentally.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I'm pretty sure it's whatever you equip second negates the visual effect of whatever you equip first. I think so anyway.

Wolf ring always gets the priority, I think. I can't remember how it is with the RTSR though.

I'm pretty positive it doesn't. My Grass Crest was negating the wolf ring. I'd have to double check to be 100%, so I will when I get back on.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

its possible to match and even exceed tarkusses damage with the gs with only 28 str and a +14 gs... i always used to think he did disproportionate damage but i gues not... the regular gs is scary...
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I rolled into it accidentally.

^^ this. Such a great way to find secrets heh! Found the great hollow the same way.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:its possible to match and even exceed tarkusses damage with the gs with only 28 str and a +14 gs... i always used to think he did disproportionate damage but i gues not... the regular gs is scary...
    Keep in mind that the chosen undead is the only creature in the UNIVERSE that uses upgraded weapons, for some reason. Tarkus' corpse contained a non-upgraded greatsword silly
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am

lalliman wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:its possible to match and even exceed tarkusses damage with the gs with only 28 str and a +14 gs... i always used to think he did disproportionate damage but i gues not... the regular gs is scary...
    Keep in mind that the chosen undead is the only creature in the UNIVERSE that uses upgraded weapons, for some reason. Tarkus' corpse contained a non-upgraded greatsword silly

That's the case in any game where you can upgrade stuff
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am

Falling onto enemies without using a Plunging Attack still does damage. A tiny, tiny, tiiiiiny amount of Damage. But still damage~
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am

Zephryl wrote:Falling onto enemies without using a Plunging Attack still does damage. A tiny, tiny, tiiiiiny amount of Damage. But still damage~
    It also has insane stagger, that staggers even bosses in one hit.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

That a LOT of enemies can suffer from Bleed Damage. Harpies, for example. Or the fat Demons from the Asylum and Demon ruins.

Also, the Lightning Blade miracle on a Bandit's Dagger can kill the Four Kings so fast the third one won't turn up for half a minute.

EDIT: Just remembered this too - if you ever get killed by a Banshee ghost, it'll leap onto your corpse and begin violently stabbing it endlessly as the 'YOU DIED' message appears. Creepy.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:Falling onto enemies without using a Plunging Attack still does damage. A tiny, tiny, tiiiiiny amount of Damage. But still damage~

That's pretty cool~ Although I don't think useful... I can't think of any situation where you'd prefer a Stagger over a Plunging...

Think it's affected by the armor you're wearing? Or just a static effect from landing on them?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Zephryl wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

That's pretty cool~ Although I don't think useful... I can't think of any situation where you'd prefer a Stagger over a Plunging...

Think it's affected by the armor you're wearing? Or just a static effect from landing on them?
    Well sometimes, when I'm on stairs I can manage to stagger the enemy just by sprinting at them, so it can be handy in PvE on these rare occasions.
    LK-8912
    LK-8912

Post by LK-8912 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

1. Nice battle axe stuck in the Giant Rat left eye.
    2. Serpent Mages can spit green acid on you...
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 am

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:Random one. But if you cast light with the TCC it practically lights up the whole tomb of the giants!

Well more than normal anyway happy
    What, it's dependent on mag adjust? I didn't know that.

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:
    I'm pretty positive it doesn't. My Grass Crest was negating the wolf ring. I'd have to double check to be 100%, so I will when I get back on.
    I believe the Wolf Ring aura always overrides Grass Effects, Grass effects still show when using Ring of Fog, and Blue/Red Tearstone will override all other effects. Not sure about hp regen or the other magic/buff aura priorities.

Speaking of auras, I also noticed that Nico will use the Replenishment miracle if you attack Petrus early, so Reah probably gave it to him because you ruined their quest.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am

One of the hollow clerics in TotG uses Replenishment on him when he has low HP.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

LK-8912 wrote:1. Nice battle axe stuck in the Giant Rat left eye.
    I think they even added a game mechanic where he can't see you if you're on the side of his blind eye. Not sure though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:31 pm