Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Myztyrio
LunarFog
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
Cris the lighthearted
aceluby
jjshowal
GkMrBane
Sentiel
Jodecho
raecor14
15 posters

why i like Faith better than Int,

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

why i like Faith better than Int, Empty why i like Faith better than Int,

Post by raecor14 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 am

ok guys, i have voiced my opinion on the subject a lot in the past, but now i feel as if i should give people a reason WHY i like faith better than magic and for the new players we get why i prefer it.

to start off, i like the way occult and divine weapons have the little bonuses and uses, where as the magic and enchanted weapons have none. faith also has a better buff system. you can either have darkmoon blade that gives you magic damage or sunlight blade that gives you the fabled lightning damage.

now faith has a much better variety of spells from the offensive and fabled WOG too the dreaded TWOP. now i have seen some killer magic and in a fair, equal skilled fight they would tie almost certainly UNLESS the faith user was using VOW OF SILENCE. yes there is an anti mage spell. it is bad *** and makes angels weep. some other noteworthy spells are emit force, sunlight spear, great heal and karmic justice.

lastly, is stat wise faith is just better. 30 faith is normally where i cap, 40 if i have enough left over. magic you NEED 50 unless you want to give up all of your vite or end.
    please guys, i am in no way saying faith is better, i just prefer it much more and wanted to try and show people why that is, any things i missed? anything you disagree with? please leave any and all response commented, thanks.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

why i like Faith better than Int, Empty Re: why i like Faith better than Int,

Post by Jodecho Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:24 am

well i like what you have to say about faith, ive been meaning to make a faith build for some time now. what i dont get is where you say you need 50 int on that build. maybe some people just arent good at build maxamizing but i have pvpers @ level 50 and 85 and the most int either of them have is 34 (might be 33 for some reason im not actually able to check @ this moment), and i never have a problem with or feel like im short on hp or stamina.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am

I actually prefer Faith as well, because it compliments and fits my playstyle more than Int.

With Int, I have many powerfull spells that I always want to use, since it seems a waste not to, if I can. However I prefer to fight with weapons, not with spells, but if I have access to CSS I always want to use it.

And so with Faith, I got the best weapon and self buffs, which give me and edge in melee and make my life a lot easier. By using SLB and GMB I make the fight a lot harder for my opponent, especially if it's an Int build.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am

Sentiel wrote:I actually prefer Faith as well, because it compliments and fits my playstyle more than Int.

With Int, I have many powerfull spells that I always want to use, since it seems a waste not to, if I can. However I prefer to fight with weapons, not with spells, but if I have access to CSS I always want to use it.

And so with Faith, I got the best weapon and self buffs, which give me and edge in melee and make my life a lot easier. By using SLB and GMB I make the fight a lot harder for my opponent, especially if it's an Int build.
    that is exactly how i feel!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 am

raecor14 wrote:ok guys, i have voiced my opinion on the subject a lot in the past, but now i feel as if i should give people a reason WHY i like faith better than magic and for the new players we get why i prefer it.

to start off, i like the way occult and divine weapons have the little bonuses and uses, where as the magic and enchanted weapons have none. faith also has a better buff system. you can either have darkmoon blade that gives you magic damage or sunlight blade that gives you the fabled lightning damage.

now faith has a much better variety of spells from the offensive and fabled WOG too the dreaded TWOP. now i have seen some killer magic and in a fair, equal skilled fight they would tie almost certainly UNLESS the faith user was using VOW OF SILENCE. yes there is an anti mage spell. it is bad *** and makes angels weep. some other noteworthy spells are emit force, sunlight spear, great heal and karmic justice.

lastly, is stat wise faith is just better. 30 faith is normally where i cap, 40 if i have enough left over. magic you NEED 50 unless you want to give up all of your vite or end.
    please guys, i am in no way saying faith is better, i just prefer it much more and wanted to try and show people why that is, any things i missed? anything you disagree with? please leave any and all response commented, thanks.

I think faith is better for people who wish to fight mostly by the sword while using cleric spells in a defensive way.

At high lvl's 150+ most (effective) builds have at least some offensive magic that mages might use inorder to lvl the playing field.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 am

It's all about what suits your playstyle. I'm trying to get away from relying on a lot of buffs. I've been spoiled by the prowess of darkmoon blade for too long and I think my PvP skills have hindered because of it. And you definitely don't need 50 int to be a decent mage build. I have a pure caster who caps at 45 which is all you would need unless you want white dragon breath. I think for spellsword builds the Int and Faith stats are probably pretty similar. One advantage of Int though is you don't have to devote a covenant spot to get the best buff. You can choose to be in anything while still having Crystal Magic Weapon. So, like anything else in dark souls, not one playstyle, weapon, or anything is better than anything else. It's all up to what the player wants to get out of the game and what can benefit their playstyles the most.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 am

I'd like to say that you actually don't need any Covenant to get the best out of Faith.

While DMB is the strongest buff if you have Covenant level +3, if you rather decide to kill Gwyndolin and pick the SLB instead, you will be pleasantly suprised that it does more damage (depending on opponents gear) and it also isn't affected by GMB and shields with high Mag Resistance, meaning you can't protect yourself against the additional damage with buffs like GMB and Fleash Sweat and it does decent chip damage through most shields.

The rest of the Miracles, like Sunlight Spear and Bountifull/Soothing Sunlight aren't worth it and they have extreme requirements.

Perhaps the extra 40% of damage (on +3) to Gravelord Sword/Greatsword Dance is good enough to enter the Covenant.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am

Sentiel wrote:I'd like to say that you actually don't need any Covenant to get the best out of Faith.

While DMB is the strongest buff if you have Covenant level +3, if you rather decide to kill Gwyndolin and pick the SLB instead, you will be pleasantly suprised that it does more damage (depending on opponents gear) and it also isn't affected by GMB and shields with high Mag Resistance, meaning you can't protect yourself against the additional damage with buffs like GMB and Fleash Sweat and it does decent chip damage through most shields.

The rest of the Miracles, like Sunlight Spear and Bountifull/Soothing Sunlight aren't worth it and they have extreme requirements.

Perhaps the extra 40% of damage (on +3) to Gravelord Sword/Greatsword Dance is good enough to enter the Covenant.

YES! forgot about that one completely!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm definitely an Int guy as it was my 1st character. You only need 44 Int to be a full mage, but if you get 16 (or 18, I forgot) you'll have buffs and offensive spells to complement a melee character. But really, my best character is both, 44 Int, 28 Fth, 45 Dex... Never been much of a buffer or defensive spell guy either, always seem to get BS.
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:24 am

I'm more of a melee guy, and the Faith builds have definitely saved my butt on a few occasions. Replenishment, Magic Barrier and Heal are my Bread & Butter. Now i could go into the stronger miracles but just those three have carried me further through levels and boss fights than anything else. Now granted i use a few magics. Like Shield and Weapon Buff, and the oolcie magics. But offensively? No that's what the pyromancy's are for. At least to me. Nothing wrong with the magics. I'm just not a sorcerer. ^^
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:42 am

Wrong, you don't NEED 50 Int to be a viable mage/spellsword. While Faith has the best buffs, sorcery has lower requirements for the buffs. Any "pure" Dex/Str can have GMW for just 15 Int @180 mag adj (Oolacile Catalyst) instead of buffing with resins. We can get 250 mag adj with just 32 Int (TCC) for a hybrid Dex/Str/Int, meanwhile at 30 Faith you have a mere 170 mag adj (canvas).

45 Int (Logans) / 44 Int (TCC) is our optimum stat investment for PvP viable spells, and 230/270 mag adj depending on catalyst), while anything between 30 and 50 Faith is a waste of stats due to diminishing returns, only to get a maximum of 226 mag adj from DM Talisman. Plus we have pure magic OP weapons that scale very good with Int and the spanking new dark spells that everyone hates and loves. Int > Faith sorry bro.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:12 am

No INT=no Chameleon.

That's no fun. silly
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:56 am

Faith and Int are both for losers.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 am

WyrmHero wrote:Wrong, you don't NEED 50 Int to be a viable mage/spellsword. While Faith has the best buffs, sorcery has lower requirements for the buffs. Any "pure" Dex/Str can have GMW for just 15 Int @180 mag adj (Oolacile Catalyst) instead of buffing with resins. We can get 250 mag adj with just 32 Int (TCC) for a hybrid Dex/Str/Int, meanwhile at 30 Faith you have a mere 170 mag adj (canvas).

45 Int (Logans) / 44 Int (TCC) is our optimum stat investment for PvP viable spells, and 230/270 mag adj depending on catalyst), while anything between 30 and 50 Faith is a waste of stats due to diminishing returns, only to get a maximum of 226 mag adj from DM Talisman. Plus we have pure magic OP weapons that scale very good with Int and the spanking new dark spells that everyone hates and loves. Int > Faith sorry bro.
    i feel the need to fight you again wyrm...... i will make the best faith build i can, you do int, AND THEN BATTLE TILL THE DEATH!
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 am

Pyromancies, anyone? ^.^
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 am

Myztyrio wrote:Pyromancies, anyone? ^.^
    love them, but id prefer faith, its just so master of all trady.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:08 am

It comes down to preference.

But I love good ol' fashion PvP no buffs, just plain VIT, END, STR(DEX)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am

raecor14 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Wrong, you don't NEED 50 Int to be a viable mage/spellsword. While Faith has the best buffs, sorcery has lower requirements for the buffs. Any "pure" Dex/Str can have GMW for just 15 Int @180 mag adj (Oolacile Catalyst) instead of buffing with resins. We can get 250 mag adj with just 32 Int (TCC) for a hybrid Dex/Str/Int, meanwhile at 30 Faith you have a mere 170 mag adj (canvas).

i feel the need to fight you again wyrm...... i will make the best faith build i can, you do int, AND THEN BATTLE TILL THE DEATH!

Come at me!!!! I'm already half-done with my badass mage, no dusk crown.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Chameleon.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Pre DLC I would have said faith is king of the ring... now I'm not so sure. everyone hates them magical shotguns.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 pm

You can't compare the maj adj of int users with the maj adj for faith. The highest you can get for miracles is around 200, the highest you can get with int is over 300. Miracles and sorceries have two very different maj adj requirements to be powerful.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 pm

i have a faith hybrid build..... but ill make something new wyrm silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm