Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Murkulanvippi
RedWeb
Dilaudid281
DissidentCitizen
killzoner4dead
Nookie
Darksoulsbamf
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dumb Name
Tionel
X-government-agent
XKnightArtoriasX
Peeffy
Nezak
nightfox
Blaze1st
HadeTheKnight
baby_beavis
ZikoLogiKa NL
DeathlyLemons
bmurn
barcio
skarekrow13
Eolan
Sethanye
fizzelbottom
maelstromm15
RandelOolacile
ezekiel27
TheMiracle
Carpet.Monster
Tolvo
Tornesol
Icyblood91
dnatc
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Shkar
befowler
harry dresden
FlamingHarlekin
ChizFreak
ublug
TheTruth
Kyubi-Nick
WyrmHero
User
Whknight
Aztreal
berkut
Serious_Much
JohnnyHarpoon
Carphil
Emergence
59 posters

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by TheTruth Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:55 pm

ok ill do cleric then, something intresting that just happend. came back to the darkroot garden to farm some purple moss and decided to run up the tower where you get the ember after fighting the moonlight butterfly, the petrified blacksmith had an item glowing on him. it tripped me out cuz i have had the ember for at least 80hrs of gameplay. i went to grab the item and it was a homeward bone. sent a ? into my excitement lol.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty Re: Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers)

Post by WyrmHero Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 pm

LOL that was nice I know that when you get the ember you get a homeward bone too. That was interesting...
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

another interesting thing that happend, when i did darkroot garden many gameplay hours back i killed pharish (the invisible archer) by knocking him off the cliff on accident, so i was unable to attain his drops. now that ive come back there was a yellow item to pick up where he was located and i obtained the black bow, his hat and a twin humanities. i thought that if u killed an enemy by way of cliffside there drops were unattainable threw that playthrew??
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 pm

TheTruth wrote:another interesting thing that happend, when i did darkroot garden many gameplay hours back i killed pharish (the invisible archer) by knocking him off the cliff on accident, so i was unable to attain his drops. now that ive come back there was a yellow item to pick up where he was located and i obtained the black bow, his hat and a twin humanities. i thought that if u killed an enemy by way of cliffside there drops were unattainable threw that playthrew??

That was changed in a patch a while ago, some enemies that have a tendency to roll of cliffs (like Pharis) had their equipment appear above the cliff should this happen. This patch worked retrospectively as well, so if Pharis died pre-patch people could still get the gear
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 pm

SUPER GREAT JOB!! thanks for the info Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 3207319737
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 pm

While I am pretty sure I read my previous statement here on the wiki, I would appreciate a confirmation post just to be sure.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Just putting this info here, since I haven't seen it addressed before:
    I was messing around in the Tomb of Giants earlier today, and decided to reach that last annoying archer hiding above the first bonfire. Well, it turns out you can actually jump down to where he's standing (on the lid above the 'coffin' where the Large Divine Ember is kept). I marked the area I was aiming for, then climbed up to Pinwheel, and slid back down. I had to do a running jump, from right below the two consecutive slides, and finally (after a few tries) ended up on top of the lid. I searched around, but found nothing (as usual), other than a dead archer.. 🇳🇴
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Found anything of relevance their? Or is it just the archer?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Just half the lid (the rest goes into the rock wall behind), and the archer.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Sad. But expected. Physically, it seems all, if not most, have been found in game.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:35 pm

ublug wrote:Just half the lid (the rest goes into the rock wall behind), and the archer.

I found a strange place in Tomb of Giants. It's one of those holes that kill you if you drop in them, but for some reason, if I throw a Prism Stone, or even ragdolls (like bones from the skeletons' corpses), they stay there floating in the air, showing it's a safe drop. When I dropped, I died, but while I was falling, I realized that the stones and bones were above me, so maybe it's a invisible bridge or something like that, and can only be acceded in a specific way. Who knows.

Here is a video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XipEV9QHG1o
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:01 am

I think its some kind of ledge, like the ones on the painting world.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 am

WyrmHero wrote:I think its some kind of ledge, like the ones on the painting world.

I'm 100% sure it's not a ledge. I have tested it a lot of times and I watched it with different items and from different angles.
    FlamingHarlekin
    FlamingHarlekin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlamingHarlekin Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 am

Feels like we're doing the same stuff over and over again...
    And @TheTruth I can't really agree with anything you said (big wall of text) most of your stuff are already answerd. Many things have already been done. i followed many of those runs and trys on the old wiki.
    but the only thing that got me hyperd was with the Crown (that you could recharge it) i do like that thought.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 am

its cool if u dont agree with me FlamingHarlekin, i was just throwing out some ideas in my head that peaked my curiousity. I dont remember anyone saying anything about my kindling all bonfires in way of white with pendent idea. i started my run with cleric testing this idea, so ill keep posted on it. i tried to go to catacombs and tog before reah leaves there, and after she has left, but i find it just to hard at that point, has any1 ever done this on a first playthrew?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 am

I've done it but nothing changes. :/
    harry dresden

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty pendant=memories=npcs

Post by harry dresden Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 pm

perhaps the pendant and the old witches ring must be used together. i have a feeling that to "remember lost memories" is by talking to each npc.

o and heres soemthing to try out if you like:

1) seethe is blind so try using that decoy spell with something that make your steps unheard.

2) priscilla is the daughter of seethe and oolacile. try use decoy hidden body or chameloen on her and talk to her.

3) darksign. try max humanities and use the darksign and maybe souls.

4)old big hat and seethe went crazy and hollow. why? for knowledge? perhaps using a crysta spell or weapon on a wall may break it
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:19 pm

harry dresden wrote:perhaps the pendant and the old witches ring must be used together. i have a feeling that to "remember lost memories" is by talking to each npc.

o and heres soemthing to try out if you like:

1) seethe is blind so try using that decoy spell with something that make your steps unheard.

2) priscilla is the daughter of seethe and oolacile. try use decoy hidden body or chameloen on her and talk to her.

3) darksign. try max humanities and use the darksign and maybe souls.

4)old big hat and seethe went crazy and hollow. why? for knowledge? perhaps using a crysta spell or weapon on a wall may break it

Actually there is more evidence that points that Priscilla is the child of Seath and Velka. It's interesting your theory because Priscilla uses invisibility spells, like the ones of Oolacile.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm in no way a loremaster, but wanted to point out something I noticed relative to the great lord set that was mentioned a few pages back. The lord's set talks about Gwyn being the "bearer of the ultimate soul," and as far as I can tell consuming his soul (rather than using it for the greatsword/sunlight spear) does give you the most souls out of any of them - 20,000. But it also has a noticeably bigger absorption effect when you consume it even compared to other boss souls; you look like you're absorbing this big ball of fire. It may just be because you get a larger amount of souls than any other, but has anyone absorbed his soul and then continued on to NG+ to see if anything changes?

The set also talks about Gwyn dividing his soul power before linking the flame; has anyone tried consuming all the boss souls?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 am

I have a few questions about various actions that could possibly shake the game up a bit. They most likely won't lead to secrets, but I haven't heard of what (if anything)happens if you do them and It would take me a while to be able to attempt them.

1. What happens if, after killing S&O, you immediately shoot and "dispell" Gwynevere without talking to her? Does she drop the lordvessel?

2. What happens if you don't talk to either serpent? Ring both bells, ignore Frampt, get the lordvessel, attack Frampt to make him leave, and then jump down the hole when it is time to place the lordvessel?

3. Is it possible to save several of Gwyn's souls through a few NG+ runs? The lord souls from Seath and Four Kings are part of his soul, so maybe a secret could be found this way.

Thanks in advance if anybody figures these answers out or shares the answer if the results are already known.
    harry dresden

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty u gave me a interesting thought..

Post by harry dresden Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I found the cleric pretty swift but it doesnt have armor. The knight is very resilient but very slow. I think you should go with the cleric for your theory just to be sure.

when u meet patches for the first time he asks you if your a cleric!! also when u make the new toon and u decide where your orgins are, try looking into which origins are connected with the way of white.
    harry dresden

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty you gave me a thought..

Post by harry dresden Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Aztreal wrote:As for the theories everybody's coming up with, I have noticed a pattern on the lore, extinguishing the darkness, what if....you as the player eliminate the deities that Gwyn entrusted the Age of Fire to? meaning killing Boobs and Gwyndolin along with the first born Solaire not to mention becoming a Darkwraith before that. Gwyn lost his mind after he linked the fire, could the pendant be the key to bring back his memories? same goes for the statue of a mother and a child, it's a recurring event for several characters, could the ring of the first born have a hidden effect like the White Seance Ring? having all the bonfires in Lordran, unlit and Anastacia of Astora referring to herself as "impure" all the pendant research is driving me insane and at the same time, I want to be known for solving it and if people solve it they better name their npcs to those who have dedicated their lives for this research.

perhaps we need to wear both seneance rings infront of those mother son or daughter statues
    harry dresden

Glyphblade's All Secret's Revealed (Major Spoilers) - Page 6 Empty you gave me a thought..

Post by harry dresden Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:33 pm

can dispute some things for Onion head for you Glyph. I have tried the whole let him fight and save him deal. No go. He will still hallow. I have even gotten him to survive with 100% health and nothing. I have a couple of theories about him though and how to maybe get to the good ending.

this is a great idea! has anyone tried to weaken all those things to minimal health? so the onion dude can one shot them?!
    harry dresden

Post by harry dresden Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Acidic_Cook Jan 14, 2012 9:24 pm
    I consumed Gwyn's Souls at the start, after I killed Gwyn. With my character, I just consumed all Boss Souls, cause I don't need them. I consumed Gwyn's Soul, after killing him, then I touched the Bonfire. Ending was the same.
    permalink [delete]

have u tried feeding all your souls( and perhaps rest of your inventory) to kingseeker frampt?
    harry dresden

Post by harry dresden Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

So:

my theory is that the darksign is the pygmys abilty , or his lineage .. and that those with the darksign aren't all particularly special , but they allow his will to be fufilled .. eventually .. over a long period of time. now whetehr that is actually the ending of the world , or the saving of it ... is anyones guess .. as i think the true nature and influence of the pygmy are just completely obfuscated from the rest of the world .. or time .. and that if the pendant at all relates to the pygmy , then it would trigger the memories of the pygmy within someone , mabye you or another npc , ive since gotten patches back as a vendor in firelink shrine and can gladly confirm that he doesnt care about the pendant hehe.

perhaps when u kill the last boss.. instead of going through the door or lighting the fire you use the darksign to kill yourself? if you do try this try to have both senances rings on, or if u dont like that idea try have the pendant and dark sign in your invetnory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 am