Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
skarekrow13
bunnywink
Ghadis_God
The Wandering Knight
Onion Knight
PlasticandRage
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
Juutas
Servant of Priscilla
18 posters

Favorite FF Game

Poll

Favorite FF Game

[ 0 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 30
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite FF Game - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite FF Game

Post by PwnasauresRex Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:That was XII Viral, and Balthier was the man, always the leader of my party.

Balthier was awesome along with Basch. Vaan just pissed me off
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Servant of Priscilla wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Can I just say that X-2 is another one of my favourites? The dressphere system was awesome, though the songstress was way too good for killing the cannon fodder..

I hated the blitzball, but I actually really enjoyed sphere break, I only just bothered to properly learn the rules and how to play but I found it really fun.

I didn't like the way tidus could reappear at the end though. Everything else in the story interested me, especially lenne and shuyin.. crimson squad was an interesting side story too.
    Songstress O>O what's that?? Rikku and Paine are warriors and Yuna is my warrior/white mage. What is this sondstress you speak of silly

People actually did that? My favourite team to have was always alchemist/samurai yuna, berserker rikku and dark knight/lady luck paine

I also loved the trainer sphere, if only for daigoro.. but it kinda sucked so oh well
    I've now gotten more spheres silly and I got whitemage Yuna/ darkknight Rikku/ warrior Paine
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Still FF is not the best RPG I've ever played. Doesn't hold a cnadle to ToS.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm

ToS?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Don't you hate it when people use abbreviations of games that aren't obvious or previously referenced?

sorry, just a pet hate of mine... gtfo silly
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 pm

I think he's talking about Tales of Symphonia =) I could be wrong though
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Perhaps he ment The Elder Scrolls, TeS is the abbreviation there.

Or maybe he ment Tuna On Salad, or Turkey on a Sled
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I just recently stumbled on this thread and wanted to share with you guys my favorite FF because I saw no one had voted for it!

While I'm really partial to FF IV I have to say my most played and loved FF was FFXI. Yes I know it was an MMO but there is just something about it that I can't shake even though I stopped playing in 2008. In a way it has many things that remind me of Dark Souls, mainly the learning curve, but little things too; like the way your armor clinks as you run around. Anywho, I'm done getting all nostalgic over an MMO lol.

P.S.

I would love to see a Beastmaster type class in Dark Souls >=O
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 am

Deathsitexxi wrote:I think he's talking about Tales of Symphonia =) I could be wrong though

I hope you are. I really disliked that game. It was far too cookie cutter for me. Now Turkey on Sled on the other hand...There's an experience.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 am

Deathsitexxi wrote:I think he's talking about Tales of Symphonia =) I could be wrong though

You are right you genius....I often forget that people dont know about Tales of Syphonia all that much....

Best narrative for a game that I have ever played.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:

You are right you genius....I often forget that people dont know about Tales of Syphonia all that much....

Best narrative for a game that I have ever played.

The last Tales game I played was Tales of Destiny 2 XD But I have 2 friends that are huge into RPGs and love ToS =) I am looking hard at Tales of Xilla though... Back on subject though... I really enjoyed FFIV and FFXI's narritives best of all the FF. I'm also one of those guys that's still holding out hope for Final Fantasy XIII VS lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Are those related to Tales of Phantasia? Because I liked them. Or at least the first one was fun
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Are those related to Tales of Phantasia? Because I liked them. Or at least the first one was fun

Yeah they are part of that series Plastic. I think those are the SNES ones right? The Tales of series in like FF in that reguard as in, each new game really has nothing to do with each other.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah the one I played was for SNES. I played the one for Gamecube also, and really didn't like it.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah the one I played was for SNES. I played the one for Gamecube also, and really didn't like it.

The one for gamecube was Tales of Symponia =). Also, they can vary greatly in how good they are because again simliar to FF there are different teams that work on each one of the games. For example, I really disliked the look of latest one we got in the states Tales of Graces (just wasn't my style) but Tales of Vesperia I hear was pretty awesome and I would have gotten it had I owned an Xbox.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

That makes sense.

On a side note, this thread has inspired me to start playing FF again. I'm starting at the earliest ones and playing all my favorites again. I just finished the remake of IV a couple of weeks ago, so I'm starting at VI. I'm just getting to Zozo for the first time. Love this game.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:35 pm

I have all the final fantasies from I to VI and also chrono trigger on emulator.. tempted to crack em out and run through them all now..
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Do it! Do it!

Never a bad choice. I always forget how much I love these games until I start playing them again. The nostalgia alone is pretty spectacular. The 3 'Secret' games from that generation of gaming are excellent additions to that list also. Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 are both wonderful in their own right. Seiken Densetsu holds some draw that's relevant to things a lot of us like about DkS too. It's all about picking and choosing characters, character combinations, and character classes that work to form the best teams. If you play it you'll see what I mean. Secret of Evermore is great too, but a little harder to get into. If you invest the time to get through the first world it becomes a very rewarding experience.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm

So yea finally beat X-2. (I've played it before but never beat it >_>) I kinda rushed through so I only got like 50 percent complete silly SO I'm going to start new game plus and look up a strategy guide for everything happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm thinking about writing a strategy guide for FF6. I'm revisiting it for the first time in awhile and I'm remembering everything. Even remembered the clock code to get the chainsaw. I bet I could do it.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Also I'm gonna film the new game plus parts for you plastic!! big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Nice. I'm looking forward to it. I can't really remember what happened in it plot wise up to the point I was. All I really remember is that Yuna is searching for Tidus, and the world doesn't really know what to do with itself after Sin. So I'll probably end up watching it from the beginning. Also since I'm playing all of them over again now, maybe I'll just see if I can find a cheap used copy of X-2 and just swallow my pride and play it myself. I have to buy a new copy of 12 anyway. My brother borrowed it years ago and never gave it back.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Mine is Final Fantasy Tactics, but yea from the actual series......Uhhhhh probably a toss up between 6/9/12. I'm not one of those people who just likes certain games from a franchise more then another, it isnt that black and white. I would also like to add, i am on the final boss of 13....I really enjoyed it. It got bashed way to much just for being linear, i enjoyed the story and felt the end game(and end game quests you do after the boss were very challenging). The combat system was awesome(imo), i loved how fast paced it was. You could use the auto battle for a good portion of the game, but it is more fun not to. I can't wait to start 13-2, cause i here it is in an improvement in a lot of ways besides the story.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:So yea finally beat X-2. (I've played it before but never beat it >_>) I kinda rushed through so I only got like 50 percent complete silly SO I'm going to start new game plus and look up a strategy guide for everything happy

It's really not hard to obtain almost everything if you try.. you just go to every location after each story mission. Only things I'd need to look up would be the hp and damage limit breaks for super dresspheres and where the 10 crimson spheres are
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Mine is Final Fantasy Tactics, but yea from the actual series......Uhhhhh probably a toss up between 6/9/12. I'm not one of those people who just likes certain games from a franchise more then another, it isnt that black and white. I would also like to add, i am on the final boss of 13....I really enjoyed it. It got bashed way to much just for being linear, i enjoyed the story and felt the end game(and end game quests you do after the boss were very challenging). The combat system was awesome(imo), i loved how fast paced it was. You could use the auto battle for a good portion of the game, but it is more fun not to. I can't wait to start 13-2, cause i here it is in an improvement in a lot of ways besides the story.

FF13!? You spoony bard!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 pm