Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
skarekrow13
bunnywink
Ghadis_God
The Wandering Knight
Onion Knight
PlasticandRage
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
Juutas
Servant of Priscilla
18 posters

Favorite FF Game

Poll

Favorite FF Game

[ 0 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 30
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Favorite FF Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite FF Game

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I'm kind of surprised nobodies voted for X. I really liked X.

Tidus was a whiny ***** but most of the other characters were great, ie Auron and Kimahri. It also had Anima. Oh man Anima

In fact I think I may have just inspired myself to replay FFX

I voted for X too. Mainly because I fell in love with Auron. He was a real man, loyal, honourable, brave, unselfish and grumpy. Yes, grumpy and I don't blame him, having to look after Tedious Tidus and little Miss Goody Twoshoes Yuna would make anyone grumpy. He's still he best mature male character in any game ever as far as I'm concerned. Anima was my favourite summon too. The first time you see it when Seymour summons it. Awesome.

Right? I actually found Auron's final scene to be a lot more emotional than the rest of the ending. Just because it was never a question for him. He knew exactly what he was doing the entire time, and essentially their entire journey is a testament to his strength of will. It's been awhile since I've played, so my facts might not be entirely straight, but if I remember correctly most people/creatures who escape the farplane become fiends right? And Auron remained in control from beginning to end to fulfill his duty. That's a bad mother #$%* right there.

I actually voted for 6, but it was close for me.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm

SOMEONE SAY TIDUS?

Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Man onion I really wish that the rep here counted xD Those were awesome
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:12 pm

There's awkward scene's in all of them. I just don't think Tidus's awkwardness outweighs the obvious strong points of the game.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:14 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:There's awkward scene's in all of them. I just don't think Tidus's awkwardness outweighs the obvious strong points of the game.
    You are right. Tidus's awkwardness comes no where close to ruining the game because Auron has enough "Man" to go around 8)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Auron is pretty manly alright. He rarely left my group. Although every time I saw Wakka's name I thought:

Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

LOL Also my usual party included, Rikku silly, Auron, Yuna/Tidus (whichever I fel like at the time xD)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm surprised personally by all the love for VIII, though i've reconsidered my position on it recently due to certain things i've come across.

However, my favourite I'm sure will always be X. The way the story unfolds, the subtle insensitivity of Tidus all through the pilgrimage not understanding whats happening fully, in my opinion the best love story in all the FF games and then the rest of the main party all have strong stories.. well except for Lulu.

Oh and blitzball. Though triple triad is hands down the best mini game in the existance of final fantasy, blitzball is easily the most in depth.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Auron is pretty manly alright. He rarely left my group. Although every time I saw Wakka's name I thought:

I definitely made this association pretty readily as well. Glad I'm not the only person who thinks like this.

^I really enjoyed Blitzball also. Forgot about that.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Dat Blitzball made me spend so much time on X lol!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

That was another thing I disliked about X2. They butchered blitzball
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That was another thing I disliked about X2. They butchered blitzball
    lol! you and your hatred for X-2!! Kinda funny tho I am about to go play it right now... It just came in the mail silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey if it makes you happy Im happy for you. That's what it's all about right? Hate's a strong word. I just don't hold it to the same esteem I hold the others in the series. I felt like they didn't need to make it quite as feminine as they did in order to articulate the plot. I understand why they did from a design perspective. Considering it was Yuna's story this time and not Tidus's. Yuna had kind of a cheeseball personality and also would probably have been feeling particularly flighty after having her life spared and ridding the world of sin, so it makes sense for a story being communicated from her perspective to carry similar traits. I just think it was a bad design move considering the majority of gamers are, or at least were at the time, men. I don't think they completely thought through that they weren't really communicating to their regular audience on a level that's relatable
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh I completely agree with you on that point. The game was much to feminine for me as well, but I liked it because of the story. Also I could understand why they made it kind of feminine was due to the fact, I read this out of an interveiw with the designer, "We wanted create a game that would attract more female gamers to Final Fantasy, we decided to make a sequel for X for this reason. In my opinion Yuna was the best female lead to be able to have a main role. With Tidus dissappearing at the end of X we decided that Yuna would get her own story."
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm

That seems to be more and more the trend. Making design choices in order to attract wider audiences. I actually kinda wish I had been able to stick it out. I never finished it. I got frustrated with it because of all these things, and the embarrassment of sitting through the concert seen in front of my then fiance was just a little too much for me. I ended up selling it soon after, but the result is I never found out what happens in the end.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 pm

D: well I will post videos of about halfway through of me commentating on youtube. This way you can see all the greatness that you missed big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

Oh wow. That'd be cool. Definitely be sure to post the links
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

Can I just say that X-2 is another one of my favourites? The dressphere system was awesome, though the songstress was way too good for killing the cannon fodder..

I hated the blitzball, but I actually really enjoyed sphere break, I only just bothered to properly learn the rules and how to play but I found it really fun.

I didn't like the way tidus could reappear at the end though. Everything else in the story interested me, especially lenne and shuyin.. crimson squad was an interesting side story too.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Can I just say that X-2 is another one of my favourites? The dressphere system was awesome, though the songstress was way too good for killing the cannon fodder..

I hated the blitzball, but I actually really enjoyed sphere break, I only just bothered to properly learn the rules and how to play but I found it really fun.

I didn't like the way tidus could reappear at the end though. Everything else in the story interested me, especially lenne and shuyin.. crimson squad was an interesting side story too.
    Songstress O>O what's that?? Rikku and Paine are warriors and Yuna is my warrior/white mage. What is this sondstress you speak of silly
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am

I think Square squandered Auron. He was a far more interesting character than Yuna who I always thought was a bit wet. A game with him as the main character would have been epic.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 am

Finally decided to vote for IX. I mean I loved XII as well, but even though I never finished XII (PS1 broke and it was from a different region to my PS2) I feel IX was better.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 am

I have to say traditional ol 7 for me since its the only one I've really ever played and after watching Advent Children, and the anime adaption of 7 I just love it....

Though I also liked the one with Balthier in it....didnt play it much but what I did get through I enjoyed.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

That was XII Viral, and Balthier was the man, always the leader of my party.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Can I just say that X-2 is another one of my favourites? The dressphere system was awesome, though the songstress was way too good for killing the cannon fodder..

Songstress O>O what's that?? Rikku and Paine are warriors and Yuna is my warrior/white mage. What is this sondstress you speak of silly

People actually did that? My favourite team to have was always alchemist/samurai yuna, berserker rikku and dark knight/lady luck paine

I also loved the trainer sphere, if only for daigoro.. but it kinda sucked so oh well
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Holy crap 8 is winning. 8 is my favorite, mostly because i can identify with squall quite easily.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm