Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
skarekrow13
bunnywink
Ghadis_God
The Wandering Knight
Onion Knight
PlasticandRage
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
Juutas
Servant of Priscilla
18 posters

Favorite FF Game

Poll

Favorite FF Game

[ 0 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap0%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap17%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap23%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap10%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap13%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap3%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Favorite FF Game I_vote_lcap7%Favorite FF Game I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 30
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Favorite FF Game Empty Favorite FF Game

Post by Servant of Priscilla Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 pm

With all the talk and debates of people's favortie FF game I decided to make a Poll big grin Tell me why you like the one you pick!! I picked FFX-2 for the story, Characters, and combat system. The story was one of my favorites. The way it tied into X was amazing and how they made the new antagonists was great. Rikku has been my favorite since 2001 when X came out, and even more so when X-2 came out. Having a Trio of bad-*** females as the main protaganists was awesome. Then there was the combat system. Having the dress sphear system along with the jobs then being able to change it mid fight was awesome. Also I loved being able to string together the combos by timing the moves just right and getting all that extra damage.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Favorite FF Game Empty Re: Favorite FF Game

Post by Juutas Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 am

VI - I got so many fond memories ~
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 am

Either IX or XII. Hard to separate the 2.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 am

Well my favorite isn't on this list so I chose the one that spins off from. My favorite FF game is Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 am

Juutas wrote:VI - I got so many fond memories ~

Such an amazing game, in so many ways. It will always be my favorite.

Tactics deserves a spot on that list. I found it's plot and gameplay to be pretty superior to a lot of the other ones. It was one of the first video games I ever remember playing with such a mature story line, and I don't think I need to comment on what the fight systems of it did for the genre.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Voted for IV. Probably my nostalgia glasses though. silly
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

go final fantasy viii go! big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

I'm kind of surprised nobodies voted for X. I really liked X.

Tidus was a whiny ***** but most of the other characters were great, ie Auron and Kimahri. It also had Anima. Oh man Anima

In fact I think I may have just inspired myself to replay FFX
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm kind of surprised nobodies voted for X. I really liked X.

Tidus was a whiny ***** but most of the other characters were great, ie Auron and Kimahri. It also had Anima. Oh man Anima

My FFX copy doesn't work any more :'( but X-2 comes tomorrow big grin
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 am

Oh damn, so hard to choose. VI has major, major nostalgia factor for me, and I loved the art style and story, what a beautiful game.

On the other hand, IX was really good too- It defines the entire series in one game, another memorable and moving story.

XII is another favorite of mine though, sure the main character was crap but the story was excellent, and the localization, acing and translation were *** stellar. I loved the revamp to the combat system and the removal of random encounters. Ivalice felt like a seamless, living world, full of adventure and mystery.

Final Fantasy Tactics might not be in the main series, but it deserved to be. It has the best story of any final fantasy to date by far, and a challenging but deeply rewarding battle system. I also like the art style, and the translation on the remastered PSP version is brilliant.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Oh damn, so hard to choose. VI has major, major nostalgia factor for me, and I loved the art style and story, what a beautiful game.

On the other hand, IX was really good too- It defines the entire series in one game, another memorable and moving story.

XII is another favorite of mine though, sure the main character was crap but the story was excellent, and the localization, acing and translation were *** stellar. I loved the revamp to the combat system and the removal of random encounters. Ivalice felt like a seamless, living world, full of adventure and mystery.

Final Fantasy Tactics might not be in the main series, but it deserved to be. It has the best story of any final fantasy to date by far, and a challenging but deeply rewarding battle system. I also like the art style, and the translation on the remastered PSP version is brilliant.

I've been debating whether or not to spend the money on a used PsP just to play Valkyria Chronicles 2 and try FFTactics with the new NPC's and jobs. I was offered one for $50, which I think seems like a pretty decent deal right?

Have you played X-2 before SoP? I loved X. I mean I loved it. Got all excited when X-2 was announced. Spent $60 on it the day it came out without regret, that is until I played it.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 am

I'm so happy VI is getting a lot of votes. :o
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:23 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Oh damn, so hard to choose. VI has major, major nostalgia factor for me, and I loved the art style and story, what a beautiful game.

I've been debating whether or not to spend the money on a used PsP just to play Valkyria Chronicles 2 and try FFTactics with the new NPC's and jobs. I was offered one for $50, which I think seems like a pretty decent deal right?

Have you played X-2 before SoP? I loved X. I mean I loved it. Got all excited when X-2 was announced. Spent $60 on it the day it came out without regret, that is until I played it.
    I loved X as well it had an amazing stroy line, the characters, mainly Auron and Rikku, were top notch, and Sin. All the Sin fights were so much fun, there were also the Aeons which were really cool. The sphere grid was a cool little twist to the leveling system also. And yes I have played X-2 before.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm with Argetlam. Crisis Core seriously was moving. The gameplay could be repetitive but so can all of the games with random encounters etc. The character development though...WOW!

Since it's not on the list though, the next best character development and story arc FF is VIII in my very non-humble opinion (Hurray Skarekrow's opinion...woooo!!!). Anwyay, big nods go to IX, X and XII and of course Vagrant Story. Wait, what?
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Really wished I included Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Tactics, and anyotheres you might have mentioned >_> It didn't occur to me at the time to put those games in silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Lol. You were bound to run out of room on the list since it ends at 20 in a poll so no worries
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Looked and still had 4 more slots silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

So you could have added Crisis Core. Tsk tsk....

Here's a poking for you Favorite FF Game Rsz_fo10
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So you could have added Crisis Core. Tsk tsk....

Here's a poking for you Favorite FF Game Rsz_fo10
    silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

I loved X as well it had an amazing stroy line, the characters, mainly Auron and Rikku, were top notch, and Sin. All the Sin fights were so much fun, there were also the Aeons which were really cool. The sphere grid was a cool little twist to the leveling system also. And yes I have played X-2 before.

There's nothing wrong with the gameplay itself, and I even thought the concept was pretty cool, being that they revisited the same world, a set amount of time later, and could go check out all the characters lives after the death of Sin. My issue is how effeminate that game was. I don't think it was entirely necessary for it to have been as extreme as it was, regardless of the fact that the main characters were girls. The main character of FF6 was a girl too, but the game wasn't designed to such an extreme that I came to see my insertion of it into my Ps2 as Squaresoft allegorically penetrating my heterosexuality.

Edit: I'm not saying you're not allowed to like it. You can like it all day long. I just didn't. I was really disappointed by it.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Servant of Priscilla wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the gameplay itself, and I even thought the concept was pretty cool, being that they revisited the same world, a set amount of time later, and could go check out all the characters lives after the death of Sin. My issue is how effeminate that game was. I don't think it was entirely necessary for it to have been as extreme as it was, regardless of the fact that the main characters were girls. The main character of FF6 was a girl too, but the game wasn't designed to such an extreme that I came to see my insertion of it into my Ps2 as Squaresoft allegorically penetrating my heterosexuality.

Edit: I'm not saying you're not allowed to like it. You can like it all day long. I just didn't. I was really disappointed by it.
    Not sure I know what you mean here, could you please explain?? silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm

^ was that sarcasm or do you actually want me to explain myself?
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:^ was that sarcasm or do you actually want me to explain myself?
    Sarcasm lol!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm

I was preparing to cite this:

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm kind of surprised nobodies voted for X. I really liked X.

I voted for X too. Mainly because I fell in love with Auron. He was a real man, loyal, honourable, brave, unselfish and grumpy. Yes, grumpy and I don't blame him, having to look after Tedious Tidus and little Miss Goody Twoshoes Yuna would make anyone grumpy. He's still he best mature male character in any game ever as far as I'm concerned. Anima was my favourite summon too. The first time you see it when Seymour summons it. Awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:22 am