Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Serious_Much
BartholomewWenceslas
Knight Alundil
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
dancash1808
The Wandering Knight
aceluby
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PlasticandRage
Servant of Priscilla
Onion Knight
skarekrow13
RANT
Elite Knight
19 posters

Final Fantasy

Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Final Fantasy - Page 5 Empty Re: Final Fantasy

Post by Elite Knight Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:20 am

Vanille is like....a thousand years old or something though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 am

They say Vanille looks like 19 years old.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 am

LOOKS that way. But she and Fang are actually a lot older.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:41 am

Elite Knight wrote:LOOKS that way. But she and Fang are actually a lot older.

Yup. I think I'm going Vanille since it's one of the reasons I liked XIII. I love her accent and so many things. <3
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    Elite Knight wrote:LOOKS that way. But she and Fang are actually a lot older.

Yup. I think I'm going Vanille since it's one of the reasons I liked XIII. I love her accent and so many things. <3

....no comment...

As a pretty avid final fantasy fan, I personally hated XIII, almost everything good about the series was wrecked in that game, strategy of battles, exploration, side quests.. I'd even go as far to say the story sucked, though the influence of the boredom of playing the game was probably what made me care so little about the XIII cast.

Anyhooo, I'd pick Rikku, though it pretty much because Vanille annoyed me so much as a character.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 am

Favourites (in order):
    1. VIII
    2. IX
    3. IV

Also like XII, but it has a different feel from the older ones. Least favourites, VII (UGH overrated pile of convoluted crap. I understand why it was amazing in its day, but whenever I see a new FF player squeeing over VII, especially the ones who think Aeris is a good character, I know they've just gone for it because it's popular. If they keep playing the series they've got MUCH better games in store) and the first two because they're too just too much hassle to play with the silly levelling system.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Well XIV 1.0 is over. We failed to save Eorzea. (not like we had much of a chance.) It's up to everyone joining in A Realm Reborn to save us!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:Can you guys describe the combat in XIV? Is it sort of like a WoW style or more action-y? I've never really been into Final Fantasy games because I don't like all the turn based fighting, but I highly doubt that an MMO has turn based action in it, so I could possibly really enjoy it
    It is a hotbar based mmo like WOW yes, but that's were the similarities end really. XIV is a lot more tactical and dependant on grouping. (not as much as it was on launch. basic quests are now soloable.) I'll post you some A Realm Reborn gameplay videos soon , so you can judge what you will.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Guys which girl you think is the hottest: Rikku or Vanille?

Final Fantasy - Page 5 X2-rik10

Final Fantasy - Page 5 Vanill10
    Always Rikku, all teh way. Ever since 2001 when it came out Rikku was my favorite Character. The way she acted and talked and her way of dealing with things was absolutley amazing. Then in 2003 when X-2 came out I was so happy!! Having Rikku in a main slot like Tidus and Yuna were in X made me so happy. Some people hated X-2 but I loved it... But it was probably because of Rikku, although I did like the story and the way the fighting worked.

Edit: I kinda got away from the question but Rikku is the hotter of the two. (If you couldn't tell silly)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Both hot.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Onion Knight wrote:Well XIV 1.0 is over. We failed to save Eorzea. (not like we had much of a chance.) It's up to everyone joining in A Realm Reborn to save us!

Ok, WTF did just happened there!!!????
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:Well XIV 1.0 is over. We failed to save Eorzea. (not like we had much of a chance.) It's up to everyone joining in A Realm Reborn to save us!

Ok, WTF did just happened there!!!????
    It's part of the overarching story. Basically they had to add a storyline which would allow A Realm Reborn to be sound lore wise. (lol.) Basically the Garlean Empire (kinda like the empire in xii.) Invades Eorzea and one of it's insane generals summons the moon Dalamud to crash into the planet. (don't ask me to explain it would take like 500 words lol.) The last mission was us defeat him in battle. However his army still marches so all of the city states of Eorzea unite and meet them in battle (along with all of us players.) (the start of the trailer.) However the battle goes bad when Dalamud hits the planet, and balamut (the dragon) comes out of it. All those fighting in the trailer are the main characters of 1.0 and 'player' characters representing the various classes you could be.
    It's complicated but the lore and the story was one of the redeming features of 1.0. This was basically the final cutscene of 1.0. ( A Realm Reborn takes place 200 years after this event (the reckoning.) I think at least lol!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Bahamut???? Holy sh!t!!!!!! I swear I thought the dragon was him. That ending was f*cking epic. Now I want the game really bad.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 am

anyone else hear that versus xiii was cancelled the one with litle to no relation to the current xiii?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am

One reason I will always love FF is the music and the cutscenes.
    And damn if I knew XIV would be doing that sort of thing ... how I wish my computer with the graphics to run it had the internet to play it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:One reason I will always love FF is the music and the cutscenes.
    And damn if I knew XIV would be doing that sort of thing ... how I wish my computer with the graphics to run it had the internet to play it.
    XIV :A Realm Reborn is having a PS3 release happy cam't help you about the internet problem though. silly
    @sparkly : I don't think it has, there's been footage from 2011 Tokyo gameshow I think and the team working on it is the Kingdom of Hearts team who said there would be no KH3 until versus XIII was finished. But I have not much of an idea. Square Enix are very very secretive when it comes to single-player games.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 am

Onion Knight wrote:
    XIV :A Realm Reborn is having a PS3 release happy cam't help you about the internet problem though. silly
    :affraid:
    MUST BUY IT!
    And I can get internet on my PS3 so thats fine. Whens it coming out?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:
    :affraid:
    MUST BUY IT!
    And I can get internet on my PS3 so thats fine. Whens it coming out?
    I'd recommend checking my XIV thread silly . Which I'll be updating slowly with info. But release is estimated depending on the alpha and beta between march and july 2013.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 am

Dang that FF14 Ending. I mean I was no fan of FF14 but that was freaking epic. Bahamut destroying the planet and seemingly all hope being lost. Really makes me want to get FF14 A Realm Reborn when it comes out. Hopefully won't be as bad when it comes out.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 am

I forgot how completely awful and tedious getting the Paladin Shield is. It's almost as bad as the golden chocobo. Does anybody know if there's a better way to do this outside of just fighting 255 times? I'm already doing it on the Veldt, so I can improve Gau at the same time, but it's just killing me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Tedium is a large part of FF sadly.

Speaking of which I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my Vita. God that game is good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Tedium is a large part of FF sadly.

Speaking of which I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my Vita. God that game is good.

I guess you're right. I ended up just powering through it. 255 battles on the Solitary Island in about 3 hours.

I actually ended up buying that used PSP on Black Friday, and I've been doing the same thing. Playing the War of the Lions remake for the first time. It's so good. I just got Balthier the other night. I don't think there's anything about the remake that I don't like so far. It's awesomesauce.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm

My only gripe is some awful camera angles at times. I played the original back when it was new and was super excited to get Cloud. I was like "hell yeah!!!!"

Then I found out he starts off at level 1 or some stupid ****
    Right back to tedium with the leveling. THANK YOU FINAL FANTASY....YOU JERKS!!!!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:My only gripe is some awful camera angles at times. I played the original back when it was new and was super excited to get Cloud. I was like "hell yeah!!!!"

Then I found out he starts off at level 1 or some stupid ****
    Right back to tedium with the leveling. THANK YOU FINAL FANTASY....YOU JERKS!!!!

And that you have to use the lame * Materia Blade in order to access his special abilities, which are pretty much useless without also learning the Time Mage's Quick ability. Yeah, I found/find Cloud to be pretty underwhelming in FFT. They couldn't make him outshine Ramza, whose own unique abilities, at least in the original, only really had Yell to call home about. He's certainly better in the remake, but I generally only use his Guts abilities in the few battles where you'd die without them anyway. Ie. Gafgarion, Wiegraf, etc.

Have you gotten Balthier yet? IMO he's a much more viable cameo character than Cloud ever was. He's like Mustadio with more options.

And yeah, I agree about the camera angles, but the only real detriment is that you don't always get to see every little animation, which in the end I don't think is a huge deal.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Nah, I just started it again. Still rocking Delita and Agrath as guests. With the camera I sometimes find that it can be a little tricky to see the exact square being highlighted if there's scenery in the level. Turning the camera lets you find it but I often have to switch several times a battle. Annoying! Small price to pay though. The story line is one of the better FF ones and the job system is pretty well made too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm