Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Your opinions SL 200

Turbo H
    Turbo H

Your opinions SL 200 Empty Your opinions SL 200

Post by Turbo H Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 am

I started bringing my 120 up to 200 for the upcoming arena bracket. I am at 170ish now, and kinda on the fence now with what way to go. This was my original plan with 2280 vitality.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3129559131021603

This toon was originally focusing on the scythe and claymore. Since I also might want to be able to use the cursed greatsword from time to time, I am considering putting 90 (2204) in vitality and moving up to 18 in intel.

(edit; currently at 70 or 71 vitality(2010 health)

At this point It seems like 270 vitality would almost be negligible to justify 29 points, as well as being negligible putting them in dex or str.

This got me thinking maybe I should change my plan. Using the Grant might be fun, I have no toons that can atm. So I mapped it out this way
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4257573067006821

Plus this way I can use some more spells and miracles, although I have a 100SL cleric and sorceress. Through them I found its not really my style to cast as much as opposed to melee.

Problem is I dont want to grind out all those souls just to wish I had a bit more health in the end, simply so I can fool around with the Grant and what not. I would hate to see everyone trending 99 points in health and be too weak, as it is I have little experience in PVP and am only O.K. at it.

I guess what I'm wondering from all you pros out there if you think the 200 class will be a lot of min/max builds with full vitality, or if 71 points in vitality (2010 health) is good enough to justify diversifying a bit for some different choices.

BTW, yes I realize I wasted 2 points in resistance. I think I put my first two points there when I first started playing before I realized it was silly lol.

Thanks for your opinions!

felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Your opinions SL 200 Empty Re: Your opinions SL 200

Post by felclef Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

I know almost nothing about the SL200 tier... But one thing that I think you need to be aware is that Dragon Slayerspear should be what the SKSpear/Demon's Spear is now on the SL100/120 tier.

Another thing: with the new weapons which were out of the metagame, like DSS, GSwoA and even Grant you linked in the build, I wouldn't spend a lot of points in Vit for, dont know, +250 life...

Well, my advice is to put more endurance and try to have a good balance of mid-poise and fast roll, once life and damage scale kinda stops around 40/50's.

I hope someone knows more than me to help you, anyway, hope some thing I said could be helpful to you, friend happy peace out

Last edited by felclef on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : engulish :9)
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Ah! And, btw, I'm currently playing on SL100 with something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/9dubymv

And, sometimes, I use a fast-roll setup:

http://tinyurl.com/9zu7pp3

(usually, I change Avelyn (Wgt:6) to any 6>=Wgt weapon, like Claymore+15, BK/SKShield+5, etc)

If I would try tier 200, I think I should go with this:

http://tinyurl.com/9sabb88

Clearly it need a more fine tuning of poise thresholds and defense, but I think a poise high enough to hold a 2H GS/GA hit with fast roll should be good in the SL200 arenas! =D
    Turbo H
    Turbo H

Post by Turbo H Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 am

Hey thanks for taking the time to advise me with this. I have read a few posts that speak of 76 poise.....is that the low end point for GA/GS stability?
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Turbo H wrote:Hey thanks for taking the time to advise me with this. I have read a few posts that speak of 76 poise.....is that the low end point for GA/GS stability?

yep, that's it: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/poise

I tested it and the values are reliable happy

Are you playing on PC?
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

Could try this

http://tinyurl.com/9ah893t

Pretty much the same defence, higher poise and a fast roll. for 300hp

I think the fast roll is more valuable than the hp

EDIT: this is assuming you want to keep your weapons choices and the little bit of faith (assuming you've got that for force/wotg?)

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 am

My opinion on sl 200 : It's boring, since most builds become very similar to each other.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

Spurgun wrote:My opinion on sl 200 : It's boring, since most builds become very similar to each other.

I disagree, weapon choice and deciding between fth/mag/pyro means there's pretty much the same variety as at 120. Just more vitality or fast rolling heavy armour than at 120

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 am

At sl 120, you have to sacrifice something for your fth/mag/pyro if you want str/dex as well.
    At sl 200, everyone had tons of health and can use almost any weapon+buffing it.

This is coming from my experience at sl 200.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 am

Spurgun wrote:At sl 120, you have to sacrifice something for your fth/mag/pyro if you want str/dex as well.
    At sl 200, everyone had tons of health and can use almost any weapon+buffing it.

This is coming from my experience at sl 200.

At 120 everyone can have 40 Vit,End, Str or Dex, Int or Fth. Where's the sacrifice? The only builds that can't buff at 120 are quality builds.(elemental vit gouges but they should pretty much disappear with 1.06)

Builds at 200 might be less restrictive with equipment choice but I don't find it any less varied than 120 because players don't all choose the same equipment and weapons and armour selcection is way more important to play style than a toons stats.

If anything sl200 gives players more freedom with their loadout choice meaning that builds won't be stuck with a certain loadout + style and can change it up more often
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

I think is just another metagame...

We think that is boring or the same, or just more OP, till we face someone that thought outside of the box...

Like, some freak with Smoughs armor at End:99 backflippin as hell and with an unexpected mid-damage weapon for the tier. Sum up the player skills and you have something you would never imagine!

I'm saying it because I used to think about the SL100 tier like OrnsteinFanBoy said: everyone at End:40, Str/Dex/Fai/Int:40~50 and some mix of other stats, but aways HP:1500+ for backstabs and stuff...

Like I said, till a guy with Tranquil Walk, Smough's and Dark Hand. I wasn't OP but really fun! He though of something mad to troll at Anor Londo...

Still a better love story than backstabs...
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

felclef wrote:
    Like I said, till a guy with Tranquil Walk, Smough's and Dark Hand. I wasn't OP but really fun! He though of something mad to troll at Anor Londo...

Haha that is a classy troll, soul sucking smough lol!
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:04 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:
    felclef wrote:

Haha that is a classy troll, soul sucking smough lol!

heheheehe here:

http://tinyurl.com/979cled

Change the Wolf Ring for anything, DW, FaP, RedStone, whatever...

Fast-switch the Spear for Queelag's FSword and put lots of pyro for pressure: it hasn't cap Dex or Str and can be a problem to anyone lol

I guess... silly

Let's change this idea and make a fast-fat SL200 guy to arenas? heheheh
    Turbo H
    Turbo H

Post by Turbo H Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 am

felclef wrote:
    Turbo H wrote:Hey thanks for taking the time to advise me with this. I have read a few posts that speak of 76 poise.....is that the low end point for GA/GS stability?

yep, that's it: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/poise

I tested it and the values are reliable happy

Are you playing on PC?

No I am on the 360. I finished him up the other day, I stayed at 70 vitality and went to 30 faith, 18 intel for the abyss sword and the cursed sword. I also have 77 poise and don't need havel ring for mid roll with all the weapons I use equipped. Thanks for the opinions here guys, its always good to get some input from more experienced players. I managed a 7 streak win in the arena, so I think its working out well so far!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am