Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
DarkW17
Myztyrio
Artoriasflagg
ChizFreak
WyrmHero
Rudmed
Glutebrah
RANT
cloudyeki
Seignar
roanispe
IV_Mark_VI
StockpileThomas
somnam
greeneless
Carphil
Marino.
Lord of Ash
The_Flail
SublimeSinner
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
vatar5
BrotherBob
28 posters

Why you should always duel honorably

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 4 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Questionnaire for Invaders:
    #1) Why are you invading?
    -a) for souls and humanity
    -b) because it is fun

If you answered a): Obviously, you have never googled "How to farm souls and humanity in Dark Souls". Do that now!
    If you answered b): Great, you don't live under the rock that we call North Korea. Continue to question #2).

What about this ?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 4 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm

So let's start from the top. Most of us probably PVP because it gives us enjoyment. So it's a question of how it provides us with that. My proposal is that there are two ways: (1) it allows us to have a fun spirited duel among two players with an equal right to be prepared for the duel; and (2) it gives some players enjoyment simply to see others burn and die. Does anyone want to add any more ways that one could enjoy PVP?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes . Invading and fighting People in an chaotic matter to have a thrilling experience .
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.

No no no no no. No ifs or buts. When people buy the game they can do whatever they like. People dont have to respect anyone in a videogame. It's not like real life. If you feel disrespected and offended in a videogame quit if you want. That's your choice just the same as their choice to do what they want.

Once again. No buts.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Marino. wrote:Yes . Invading and fighting People in an chaotic matter to have a thrilling experience .

yea fighting in a chaotic matter is fun indeed, how ever.

is a surprise OHKO Hornet Ring BS fun and chaotic??

is a OHKO CSS to the face after being surprised with a TWOP fun and chaotic?

the answer is no.

any sort of cheap unavoidable OHKO can not be considered fun and chaotic imo. its just boring.

Last edited by Glutebrah on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Marino. wrote:Yes . Invading and fighting People in an chaotic matter to have a thrilling experience .

the answer is no.

You should've said "The answer is no, in my opinion."

Because in my opinion it can be.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

the answer is no.

I never did any of the above and i dont enjoy them .
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm

It can be fun...if you are not the one recieving it.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

the answer is no.

how many times can you OHKO some one when they have zero chance of escape or even know you are there and still have fun?

that reminds me of unlimited ammo and life hacks for games, sure its fun for like 5 mins but after awhile what are you really doing?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Wow 6 pages nice work lol. I think you're talking about gankers right. They'll always exist in souls series as long as the summoning system and invading system exists. We really can't do anything about it. And you're right they should seek psychological help so +1 lol.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Wow 6 pages nice work lol. I think you're talking about gankers right. They'll always exist in souls series as long as the summoning system and invading system exists. We really can't do anything about it. And you're right they should seek psychological help so +1 lol.

im talking bout invading a hosts world, hiding around a corner you know the host has to pass and then OHKO them as soon as then pop around.

i don't get how that can be fun after the 2nd 3rd time you did it, at some point you gotta be asking "where is the challenge"
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Too quiet . Needs more flaming . BrotherBob where the [eff] are you ?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Wow 6 pages nice work lol. I think you're talking about gankers right. They'll always exist in souls series as long as the summoning system and invading system exists. We really can't do anything about it. And you're right they should seek psychological help so +1 lol.

im talking bout invading a hosts world, hiding around a corner you know the host has to pass and then OHKO them as soon as then pop around.

i don't get how that can be fun after the 2nd 3rd time you did it, at some point you gotta be asking "where is the challenge"

Ah Glutebrah . You are priceless
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

Remember invading isn't all about 1 on 1 duels. Thats just one part of dark souls pvp.

What if you see yourself as more of an assassin? You like to hide, with fog ring, chameleon or hiding behind something, like you said, and pop out as a glass cannon.

We've seen people invade other games and throw all kinds of crazy tactics, even mini games! Why does this one technique seem out of place?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Marino. wrote:

explain it to me
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

Remember invading isn't all about 1 on 1 duels. Thats just one part of dark souls pvp.

What if you see yourself as more of an assassin? You like to hide, with fog ring, chameleon or hiding behind something, like you said, and pop out as a glass cannon.

We've seen people invade other games and throw all kinds of crazy tactics, even mini games! Why does this one technique seem out of place?

i have nothing wrong with hiding surprise attacks, i am just asking how some one can simply deem it fun to OHKO some one who didn't stand a chance, its like "shooting fish in a barrel" is that fun?

in my opinion i would much rather ambush some one with a strong attack to make them **** their pants (like fire tempest or a great fire ball) but won't be enough to OHKO them, to get them to panic and run. now that is chaotic fun.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Marino. wrote:

explain it to me

Noone ever said anything about One hit killing People . Yet you still continue rambling XD

Anyway i get a mod now . Enough is Enough
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

i have nothing wrong with hiding surprise attacks, i am just asking how some one can simply deem it fun to OHKO some one who didn't stand a chance, its like "shooting fish in a barrel" is that fun?

in my opinion i would much rather ambush some one with a strong attack to make them **** their pants (like fire tempest or a great fire ball) but won't be enough to OHKO them, to get them to panic and run. now that is chaotic fun.

If someone is powerful enough to kill you in 1 second why take 1 minute silly

But yeh im off anyway, Peace bro!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Are you being rational in this thread? You seem to be basing this thread upon false empirical knowledge... Also on a note I would state that anyone who believes that these "sadists" should be given therapy are what I would deem... not particularly sane themselves... They seem to overreact to these things.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

the answer is no.

this kid said it can be fun.

Rudmed wrote:It can be fun...if you are not the one recieving it.

so did this guy.

when i initially said it to you, i was just stating that i see nothing wrong with Chaotic invasion fighting, i am not all about a 1v1 duel. i am just personally against OHKO tatics.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 pm

I was talking to the OP glute lol. Why I'm always late for these threads? :x
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 4 C0e

No seriously guys drop it its dead
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:

If someone is powerful enough to kill you in 1 second why take 1 minute silly

But yeh im off anyway, Peace bro!

i have no issue with some one doing it, i just say i personally wouldn't find it fun and choose not it.

and as it comes to people actually having fun OHKOing people over and over...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm

OHKO is very useful in the forest glute.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm

WyrmHero wrote:OHKO is very useful in the forest glute.

when you invade and its 3v1, everything i stand for is out the window lol. i agree 100% OHKOs is the only thing that will save you in a 3v1 with a chugging host.

i just refer to the times you invade a host who is by him self which is super common any where except the Anor Londo (they are always teamed up there and i say use any OHKO method you can)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm