Why you should always duel honorably

    Share

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

    If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

    This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

    Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm

    Marino. wrote:We cant have points against an opinion .
    Opinions can be poorly-founded, as so many have apparently pointed out. Opinions are typically based on evidence. So, I am asking people to point out where my flaws in understanding and inference lie.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:We cant have points against an opinion .
    Opinions can be poorly-founded, as so many have apparently pointed out. Opinions are typically based on evidence. So, I am asking people to point out where my flaws in understanding and inference lie.

    What are you talking about ?

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm

    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

    If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

    This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

    Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:03 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

    If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

    This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

    Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.

    Agreed . Amd where's your Problem ?

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:03 pm

    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:We cant have points against an opinion .
    Opinions can be poorly-founded, as so many have apparently pointed out. Opinions are typically based on evidence. So, I am asking people to point out where my flaws in understanding and inference lie.

    What are you talking about ?
    Opinions come from evidence. So did I misinterpret the evidence or leave something out?
    avatar
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 277
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by StockpileThomas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm

    "That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

    First, it was about honor, now it's about respect. Tell us, what does it mean to be respectful in Dark Souls? Opening and closing doors for phantoms?

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:05 pm

    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

    If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

    This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

    Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.

    Agreed . Amd where's your Problem ?
    Many players don't play with a healthy respect for others.
    avatar
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 82
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by roanispe on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:05 pm



    _________________
    Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:






    If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

    It means no touching on the first Summon.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1260
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2012-08-31
    Age : 104
    Location : The Invader Trader Store of Wonders

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

    He is the masked vigilante who watches you shower protecting you from peeping toms and your evil step twin


    _________________
    Gamertag: Lord of Ash
    Jobs: The Invader Trader http://invadertrader.chatango.com/
    Stores: The Invader Trader Store of Wonders
    Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

    StockpileThomas wrote:"That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

    First, it was about honor, now it's about respect. Tell us, what does it mean to be respectful in Dark Souls? Opening and closing doors for phantoms?
    Honor and respect are interchangeable when it comes to this. And again, I don't want to open that topic of the definition.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 277
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by StockpileThomas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:07 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:It means no touching on the first Summon.

    Oh! That explains why I can never get a second summon...

    Look Skyward

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

    No don't end this yet ! sad

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

    Marino. wrote:No don't end this yet ! sad
    My crusade will never end. My spirit will never die. I just am waiting for something to refute.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:"That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

    First, it was about honor, now it's about respect. Tell us, what does it mean to be respectful in Dark Souls? Opening and closing doors for phantoms?
    Honor and respect are interchangeable when it comes to this. And again, I don't want to open that topic of the definition.

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:No don't end this yet ! sad
    My crusade will never end. My spirit will never die. I just am waiting for something to refute.


    lol!
    You are hilarious

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:11 pm

    StockpileThomas wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:It means no touching on the first Summon.

    Oh! That explains why I can never get a second summon...
    Exactly. And you didn't even buy me dinner...


    @BrotherBob: who are you really? Show your true face! I don't pay second accounts any attention.


    Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1260
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2012-08-31
    Age : 104
    Location : The Invader Trader Store of Wonders

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm

    Open the topic open the topic open the topic I like horses they taste good


    _________________
    Gamertag: Lord of Ash
    Jobs: The Invader Trader http://invadertrader.chatango.com/
    Stores: The Invader Trader Store of Wonders
    Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm

    I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

    LordofAsh wrote:Open the topic open the topic open the topic I like horses they taste good
    Have you tried Skyrim's "Horse Meat"?

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:It means no touching on the first Summon.

    Oh! That explains why I can never get a second summon...
    Exactly. And you didn't even buy me dinner...


    @BrotherBob: who are you really? Show your true face! I don't pay second accounts any attention.
    I'm a first account.
    avatar
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1260
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2012-08-31
    Age : 104
    Location : The Invader Trader Store of Wonders

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

    Yes a bit chewy even for my werewolf mouth


    _________________
    Gamertag: Lord of Ash
    Jobs: The Invader Trader http://invadertrader.chatango.com/
    Stores: The Invader Trader Store of Wonders
    Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

    I don't believe you. You open a post on the touchiest subject, with a long-winded approach and are engaging to everyone? From 0-100 on a first post eh?

    Nope, don't believe you.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1260
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2012-08-31
    Age : 104
    Location : The Invader Trader Store of Wonders

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

    Im so confused wuts happening I can feel spagetti in my toes


    _________________
    Gamertag: Lord of Ash
    Jobs: The Invader Trader http://invadertrader.chatango.com/
    Stores: The Invader Trader Store of Wonders
    Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Seignar on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm

    The problem here is that honor is subjective. You said "duel honorably", yet honor can mean anything. In my case, my only honor is that my opponent bows after he beats me and vice-versa (for respect); and, of course, they don't glitch (battle glitching) or cheat (as in modding).

    Also, you listed that having fun invading would require you to be honorable (well, you didn't exactly say it like that), but why? That is one thing you didn't do, you never gave a firm reason to play honorably. So on top of being subjective you haven't even given us a reason!

    The world of Dark Souls is divided into 2 forms of PVP. Yours is the dueling PVP. The other side is known as the invading PVP which is truly unlawful. People LIKE the unlawful and chaotic nature of invading, screwing people's days comes with it and some people even enjoy someone barging into their worlds just so they can beat them up and take their souls and humanity, useful for PvE.

    NOTE: Writes this in Page 2, appears in Page 4.
    This escalated quickly (No meme intended)


    Last edited by Seignar on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total


    Sponsored content

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:48 pm