Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Ghadis_God
DarkW17
DxV04
Cidek
Rifter7
Zhangbob
ICEFANG
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Gaxe
GrEeNgObLiN
Forum Pirate
swordiris
Phoenix Rising
WyrmHero
Jansports
RANT
isthefridge
22 posters

what do you perfer while in a duel?

Poll

would you rather...

[ 25 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_lcap69%what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_rcap [69%] 
    [ 6 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_lcap17%what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_lcap8%what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_lcap6%what do you perfer while in a duel? I_vote_rcap [6%] 

Total Votes: 36
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

what do you perfer while in a duel? Empty what do you perfer while in a duel?

Post by isthefridge Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 am

Ever try to trade blows against a weapon buffed with SLB or DMB?

Ever have an awsome duel and lost but felt compelled to msg the person and thank them and give them a big GG?

Ever go into a duel going for complete domination?

How do you duel? and what do feel is the perfecxt fight?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

what do you perfer while in a duel? Empty Re: what do you perfer while in a duel?

Post by RANT Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

anyone that doesnt fish for a bs gets a GG from me.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

what do you perfer while in a duel? Empty Re: what do you perfer while in a duel?

Post by isthefridge Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, i give GGs to all my enjoyable duels. I even save the msg from player that thank me. just to help me remember players i like dueling.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:22 pm

My favorite duels are ones where I end up shocked. The first time I saw MLGS+Velka's for WotG I was flabberghasted that I just got Wrathed by this guy zoning me with mlgs and HCSM, and it HURT.

I enjoy the variety these sorts of things bring. Sure I've been against mlgs+hcsm before but I hadn't yet had my roll punished by wrath from them. Or the first time I got to experience a fat rolling ultra vit.

When I duel I don't want it to feel "scripted"
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I mostly buffed because almost every build I have is a hybrid. But now I buff if they buff, or buff if my weapon is very weak. (Hand Axe or rapier).
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 pm

I prefer if the opponent does not buff or use hornet ring...but other than that i prefer a challenge. I love a good duel.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Aim it puts a smile on my face each time we invade the same world as FH. GG sir...GG

Wyrm - I have grown to be wary of anyone wielding rapiers Hornets ring goes hand in hand all to often. But if i saw you buff a hand axe i believe i would take that challenge.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I like to have a duel with full buffs on me and full buffs on my opponent. More tense and like Bushido blade.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

isthefridge wrote:Aim it puts a smile on my face each time we invade the same world as FH. GG sir...GG

Wyrm - I have grown to be wary of anyone wielding rapiers Hornets ring goes hand in hand all to often. But if i saw you buff a hand axe i believe i would take that challenge.

Likewise Fridge...did ya see my new build? Gankers won't stand a chance and i kept it at 120.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 pm

The more effort it takes me to win the better. Go ahead, cmw the mlgs, I'm determined to win anyways.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 pm

i prefer the opponent is over powered,buffs and all.
    if i win the satisfaction is overwelmed,
    i dont buff btw
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I prefer if my opponent is equal as me or stronger than me, so if i win i feel like i accomplished something.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 pm

I prefer a challenging opponent.
    My best 3 fights have to go to Her Evil Panties. Her Evil Panties is a level 230 forest hunter, ranked 18 in the book of the guilty. She fights with the Large Club, Rapier, and the occasional Shotel for opponents like me.

She beat me 1 time, and i beat her 2. She DOMINATED me the first time she beat me, barely took off a fourth of her health, the other two times i won with like 50 HP remaining. Very good duelist.

She responded to her loss by saying "Thankyou master Rynn, i will train harder till we meet again". An epic person they were.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Why the down-rep for the OP?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I prefer a lot of different things, sometimes you just want to beat the turds outta people, sometimes you want to have the turds beaten out of you (as you stretch your limits), but I always go with the intend of not only winning, but destroying my opponent, even though it is unlikely to happen, its a good mindset to be in.
    Zhangbob
    Zhangbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zhangbob Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm

fighting people in fat looking armor. The most halariosu thing to see a guy in one running around....also everyone i have met wearing fat armor tends to be an awesome guy....even if they arent the best players XD
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 am

other: don't really care as long as they're not teleporting across the screen from lag or healing.

if they heal ill just divine bless myself anyways and its ds all over again.

to me... all i really care about is having a good fight. i'll start out with your basic "good manner" rules but i don't really care what the rules are as long as we're on the same playing field. the fun is out thinking them and countering their tactics, even if they're considered cheap.

to me, rematching a player who does something "cheap" and beating the bejesus out of them the next time with their own tactics is pretty awesome imo.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 am

I have nothing against OP. but there are times where it just doesnt seem necessary. I'm running around with a darksword. I was summoned in the Burg this player was using a washing pole buffed with Sunlight blade. So im already beat in range and attack power. Also theres a good chance he is higher in level since i dropped my RSS. I got a few hits in before i died in 3 or 4 good strikes. Anyone picking up RSS to OP an opponent should arent looking for a duel all they want to do is beat the piss out of the opponent. then send a GG.

people will enjoy the game in different ways.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

did you consider waiting out the buff?
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 am

I have done that before only to get into an arguement over xbl. Its best just to fight them and get it over with.
    Cidek
    Cidek
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cidek Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:06 pm

I respect every opponent that don't use backstabs, that's really lame considering some ppl got little lags.
    And Best fights are chalenged ofcourse, I'd rather try to match to the opponent, using magic/buffing only againts stronger foes.

Any Gravelord/Dragon Invader got my special greetings!
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

you can counter their attempts at backstabbing you... if they try a roll stab and you're not attacking just pivot parry while unlocked. or whatever you want really, hitting them works too.
    if they try a running stab stay locked on and back peddle and move to the left/right, you'll swing behind them.
    if its just plain old strafing just kung fu kick them and unleash r1 fury spam.

you've been backstabbed and they're going for a chainstab? either roll into them if they're waiting on top of you. if they're trying to predict your roll, roll away from where they're running too and if you feel you'll be trapped or they're sprinting into you.. don't do anything at all. you're character has a second of backstab invulnerability if you don't do anything, so you can just trade blows. or poise backstab them if you have it stacked at all.

why not try to learn a game mechanic thats been with the soul series from the beginning, rather than playing around it?

heres a video of what i'm talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp6k4830a0
    Cidek
    Cidek
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cidek Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 am

Nice video, I will try those method to defend for sure, that will bring much of variety from standing close to wall all the time.

Also slowing spells/weapons work fine from preventing BS
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

I voted other....
    I like being outnumbered.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

I enjoy a ganker situation every now an then. Last night on Xbox i was participating in a FC in Demon Ruins. The same two gankers kept picking my sign up. After three failed attempts to kill me, the third attempt ended with the host running to ceaseless fog gate. I helped him through with a BS. that was the last time i got picked up by them last night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm