Why you should always duel honorably

    Share

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:I don't believe you. You open a post on the touchiest subject, with a long-winded approach and are engaging to everyone? From 0-100 on a first post eh?

    Nope, don't believe you.
    How can I prove it? Also, I wanted to discuss this topic because its the only one I really care about.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm

    Seignar wrote:The problem here is that honor is subjective. You said "duel honorably", yet honor can mean anything. In my case, my only honor is that my opponent bows after he beats me and vice-versa (for respect); and, of course, they don't glitch (battle glitching) or cheat (as in modding).

    Also, you listed that having fun invading would require you to be honorable (well, you didn't exactly say it like that), but why? That is one thing you didn't do, you never gave a firm reason to play honorably. So on top of being subjective you haven't even given us a reason!

    The world of Dark Souls is divided into 2 forms of PVP. Yours is the dueling PVP. The other side is known as the invading PVP which is truly unlawful. People LIKE the unlawful and chaotic nature of invading, screwing people's days comes with it and some people even enjoy someone barging into their worlds just so they can beat them up and take their souls and humanity, useful for PvE.
    Simple. It makes it fun for you because you know that you beat your opponent at his/her best. Makes it fun for them because it means that you played fairly (ex. not getting in the first hit because they were unprepared).

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:21 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Seignar wrote:The problem here is that honor is subjective. You said "duel honorably", yet honor can mean anything. In my case, my only honor is that my opponent bows after he beats me and vice-versa (for respect); and, of course, they don't glitch (battle glitching) or cheat (as in modding).

    Also, you listed that having fun invading would require you to be honorable (well, you didn't exactly say it like that), but why? That is one thing you didn't do, you never gave a firm reason to play honorably. So on top of being subjective you haven't even given us a reason!

    The world of Dark Souls is divided into 2 forms of PVP. Yours is the dueling PVP. The other side is known as the invading PVP which is truly unlawful. People LIKE the unlawful and chaotic nature of invading, screwing people's days comes with it and some people even enjoy someone barging into their worlds just so they can beat them up and take their souls and humanity, useful for PvE.
    Simple. It makes it fun for you because you know that you beat your opponent at his/her best. Makes it fun for them because it means that you played fairly (ex. not getting in the first hit because they were unprepared).

    -2/10

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:21 pm

    Seignar wrote:The problem here is that honor is subjective. You said "duel honorably", yet honor can mean anything. In my case, my only honor is that my opponent bows after he beats me and vice-versa (for respect); and, of course, they don't glitch (battle glitching) or cheat (as in modding).

    Also, you listed that having fun invading would require you to be honorable (well, you didn't exactly say it like that), but why? That is one thing you didn't do, you never gave a firm reason to play honorably. So on top of being subjective you haven't even given us a reason!

    The world of Dark Souls is divided into 2 forms of PVP. Yours is the dueling PVP. The other side is known as the invading PVP which is truly unlawful. People LIKE the unlawful and chaotic nature of invading, screwing people's days comes with it and some people even enjoy someone barging into their worlds just so they can beat them up and take their souls and humanity, useful for PvE.

    NOTE: Writes this in Page 2, appears in Page 4.
    This escalated quickly (No meme intended)
    Also, who's actually doing this for souls/humanity? And people who get pleasure from other's pain are, by definition, a sadist. If one doesn't care about others and doesn't give them the respect that any human being deserves, then they are a self-absorbed, narcissist.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm

    People playing a game that requires them to kill the avatar of the other Player = Sadist

    Bravo BrotherBob

    5/10 :dung:
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by cloudyeki on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

    My reaction to this entire thread.

    Spoiler:

    Look Skyward



    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by RANT on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:25 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.

    because everyone has a different opinion of what fun and honorable means and no one can ever agree on something so it just turns into this neverending discussion that gets dicussed every couple of weeks and its all the damn sam. i say you can do whatever you want as long as youre not cheating(like the dragon head glitch) to ruin someones fun.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Seignar on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:25 pm

    Now, you see that isn't the case. In the forest, there are gankers and FH. There is ALWAYS action in that place. People like its unlawful nature or else they wouldn't be there. Invaders go there because they WANT to be able to fight as invaders and not follow any rules. Same goes for gankers. The hosts have the power, the invaders have the trickery.

    You know I get bored with dueling and I love it when I'm unexpectedly invaded? It's because I KNOW they will truly try their absolute best to kill me and won't throw any punches, and neither will I. Dueling actually means that you aren't trying your best because you are being limited by a honor code.


    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:26 pm

    Marino. wrote:People playing a game that requires them to kill the avatar of the other Player = Sadist

    Bravo BrotherBob

    5/10 :dung:
    You are not required to. We choose to PVP.

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:People playing a game that requires them to kill the avatar of the other Player = Sadist

    Bravo BrotherBob

    5/10 :dung:
    You are not required to. We choose to PVP.
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." (Batman Begins) Words to live by.

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:28 pm

    Seignar wrote:Now, you see that isn't the case. In the forest, there are gankers and FH. There is ALWAYS action in that place. People like its unlawful nature or else they wouldn't be there. Invaders go there because they WANT to be able to fight as invaders and not follow any rules. Same goes for gankers. The hosts have the power, the invaders have the trickery.

    You know I get bored with dueling and I love it when I'm unexpectedly invaded? It's because I KNOW they will truly try their absolute best to kill me and won't throw any punches, and neither will I. Dueling actually means that you aren't trying your best because you are being limited by a honor code.
    I never said ganking was dishonourable iirc. I'm there right now.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:People playing a game that requires them to kill the avatar of the other Player = Sadist

    Bravo BrotherBob

    5/10 :dung:
    You are not required to. We choose to PVP.
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." (Batman Begins) Words to live by.

    I love to play games with other People i hardly know .
    I am the most socialized Person on the Internet Well What is it

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.

    because everyone has a different opinion of what fun and honorable means and no one can ever agree on something so it just turns into this neverending discussion that gets dicussed every couple of weeks and its all the damn sam. i say you can do whatever you want as long as youre not cheating(like the dragon head glitch) to ruin someones fun.
    You're saying that the dragon head glitch is OK? I got machine gunned with throwing knives a few weeks back.
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by cloudyeki on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

    @bob


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Glutebrah on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm

    the reason i duel/invade with honor is not because i want to be Honorable, but because it is not fun to 1 shot people with cheap tatics.

    the following are all my own personal opinion.

    1. it is boring to 1 shot people. Therefore i do not use Hornets ring ever.

    2. it is boring to fight some one who can't move. Therefore i don't use TWOP.

    3. it is boring to 2-3 shot people. Therefore i don't use weapon buffs.

    4. it is boring to spam spells for a win. there for i don't spam WoG/GC

    5. it is boring to use ugly gear. There for i dress for looks not stats.


    Last edited by Glutebrah on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm

    cloudyeki wrote:@bob
    I suppose that I do have to kill a few gankers now...


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm

    Thanks for the good time BrotherBob .
    Now proceed to the next Forum if you please Bow

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:the reason i duel/invade with honor is not because i want to be Honorable. but because how is it fun to 1 shot people with cheap tatics?
    So you are honourable but don't want to be? Explain that one to me.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:the reason i duel/invade with honor is not because i want to be Honorable. but because how is it fun to 1 shot people with cheap tatics?
    So you are honourable but don't want to be? Explain that one to me.

    Being Honourable is cheap .

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

    Marino. wrote:Thanks for the good time BrotherBob .
    Now proceed to the next Forum if you please Bow
    Have I really offended that many people?
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by RANT on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.

    because everyone has a different opinion of what fun and honorable means and no one can ever agree on something so it just turns into this neverending discussion that gets dicussed every couple of weeks and its all the damn sam. i say you can do whatever you want as long as youre not cheating(like the dragon head glitch) to ruin someones fun.
    You're saying that the dragon head glitch is OK? I got machine gunned with throwing knives a few weeks back.

    what? lol read my post first


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Glutebrah on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:the reason i duel/invade with honor is not because i want to be Honorable. but because how is it fun to 1 shot people with cheap tatics?
    So you are honourable but don't want to be? Explain that one to me.

    i edited my post because it made no sense, i was saying i fight with tatics i find to be fun, which happens to be honorable.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.

    because everyone has a different opinion of what fun and honorable means and no one can ever agree on something so it just turns into this neverending discussion that gets dicussed every couple of weeks and its all the damn sam. i say you can do whatever you want as long as youre not cheating(like the dragon head glitch) to ruin someones fun.
    You're saying that the dragon head glitch is OK? I got machine gunned with throwing knives a few weeks back.

    what? lol read my post first
    You're right. I've been dealing with a torrent of posts, so I can't get my head straight. Also, I'd like to point out that I haven't really event touched on my opinion of what "honourable" means.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Marino. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.

    because everyone has a different opinion of what fun and honorable means and no one can ever agree on something so it just turns into this neverending discussion that gets dicussed every couple of weeks and its all the damn sam. i say you can do whatever you want as long as youre not cheating(like the dragon head glitch) to ruin someones fun.
    You're saying that the dragon head glitch is OK? I got machine gunned with throwing knives a few weeks back.

    what? lol read my post first
    You're right. I've been dealing with a torrent of posts, so I can't get my head straight. Also, I'd like to point out that I haven't really event touched on my opinion of what "honourable" means.

    You could clean this mess up if you would explain your Points .

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm

    Honestly, my opinion of what "honorable" means is pretty simple: Bow before a duel to make sure everyone is ready, and don't backstab during a bow because obviously that person isn't ready.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 

    Sponsored content

    Re: Why you should always duel honorably

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:11 pm