Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:07 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Not a recent discovery... But you can drop for the Forest into the Basin when being ganked 1v3 - this will stop the gankers being invaded for good. Also in the Kiln you can run to gwyns fog gate when being ganked, instead of turning left for his gate you sprint straight on and go around the giant block, you end up if you do a jump in what I like to call the batcave. Props to marcus - you can once down there snipe them with a DSB and once they come down there you can cast WoG/Force/Dragon Shout through the floor and destroy them. It also will stop anyone else invading them and ruin their 1v3 ganking action. I sometimes go here and just leave the PS3 on and end up spending more time with Nat or making dinner/tea etc;
    Wait...WHERE?
    Where in the kiln are you going? I might kiln PvP again...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Will try and find some footage of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TuGbGWzAxY&feature=plcp

1:17
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 pm

That sounds awesome about the kiln.

Recently I discovered the Firelink Shrine ambient music and the Nexus ambient music are almost the same.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:17 pm

That looks like a serious bug.
    I'm going to use it in the future against gankers.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Not a bug, much like the Forest drop to the Basin - it just seems to be a difficult jump. Perhaps similarly to the jump from rafters in AL to the fog gate.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Anor Londo's jump is intentional, there is a divine blessing you get in that manner.

Thia leads you to a glitched slice of land.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I wouldn't consider it a glitched piece of land... There are many supposedly glitched pieces of land which probably the designer made just as a more secretive location - Shrug
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm

That you can backstab the small mushroom fellows
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 pm

X-government-agent wrote:That you can backstab the small mushroom fellows

😢
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm

I never discovered this before because he just dies too fast, but Pinwheel has an awesome theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_35zPoY38g
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't want to make a new thread about this, but I just noticed that halberds does inconsistent damage to the four kings. When you hit the king for 300 damage, the 'boss health bar' on the bottom of the screen will only be hit for 250 (or there about).
    Anyone know what causes this? (Am I overlooking something, or is it the PC version only?)

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tC0CkRUQwk
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am

EpicLagSpikes wrote:Can one of you make a good vid on this if you manage to get it to work? There doesn't seem to be a "good" one on youtube atm.

I've only seen it once. It was a 3 v 1 against Super Ornstein, and we backed him right up against one of the big windows in the middle of the cathedral. With his back basically square to the window, he landed that electric stab and lift/electrocute move on the other phantom. As he threw the guy back to the ground and then started to stand back up, he popped directly backwards through the window and visibly fell outside (including with my target lock dropping all the way down). The funniest part is that it took a good 5 minutes for him to finally die afterwards, and we were all just milling around aimlessly with that battle music going the whole time.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 pm

So it's a bug.
    ...I thought it was a scripted death.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 pm

While it's not all too recently i really wanted to share it.
    A couple of months ago, i hit my third playthrough on one of my characters, and i saw these Black Phantom mobs. I assumed it was part of the third playthrough. Later on i googled it...

And that's how i found out about how the Gravelord Covenant works. Shrug
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Not a recent discovery... But you can drop for the Forest into the Basin when being ganked 1v3 - this will stop the gankers being invaded for good. Also in the Kiln you can run to gwyns fog gate when being ganked, instead of turning left for his gate you sprint straight on and go around the giant block, you end up if you do a jump in what I like to call the batcave. Props to marcus - you can once down there snipe them with a DSB and once they come down there you can cast WoG/Force/Dragon Shout through the floor and destroy them. It also will stop anyone else invading them and ruin their 1v3 ganking action. I sometimes go here and just leave the PS3 on and end up spending more time with Nat or making dinner/tea etc;

I always do the Basin jump when I'm being ganked in the forest. Then I go with my stone guardian buddies and chill.

My last discovery was the soul of unknown undead in the asylum ...
    After almost 1000 hours never knew about it...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Rynn wrote:So it's a bug.
    ...I thought it was a scripted death.

I'd call it a half bug -- presumably unintended, but it looked awesome and actually sorta fit with the fight since he'd backstepped his way to the window under pressure. The only thing that broke up the illusion (in addition to the window not shattering) was the death delay, but I think that was just because it took a while for him to hit the ground. I've had over 300+ S&O coop wins and this was the first time it happened so it's not easy to do for sure.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

X-government-agent wrote:That you can backstab the small mushroom fellows

I didn't know that earlier until I was like, "I wonder if they drop golden pine resins...hmmmmmm" backstabs small mushroom. "Huh didn't know that...oh I therfore can backstab the big ones too!"

Spoiler:
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm

There's a long moving bridge in Blightown that leads to a humanity... didn't find that until my 3rd playthrough. Doesn't have much of a reward but it made me curious why they weren't used more. Freakin' lethal first few times you come across it, lol.

That you can see the Stray Demon before he descends upon you in the Asylum. Didn't catch that until I was watching my girlfriend try and play.

Lautrec's summon sign in the Parish and the Witches summon sign below the Butterfly.

And, only through finding a poll of worst enemies in these forums did I discover black phantoms. I had absolutely no idea and had
    never run across one in all my time playing. I've had the Gravelord Curse many many times and thought it only made the enemies stronger or something.
    Ellswearth

Post by Ellswearth Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Lautrec's summon sign at the Gaping Maw Dragon and the Parish. I didn't realize he could be summoned at all.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 am

Black Knight Halberd does significantly more damage than the Black Knight Greataxe, despite the BKGA showing +104 more damage output.

dafuq?
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 am

The Hidra on Ash lake can jump to the other side of the lake.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:30 am

ublug wrote:I don't want to make a new thread about this, but I just noticed that halberds does inconsistent damage to the four kings. When you hit the king for 300 damage, the 'boss health bar' on the bottom of the screen will only be hit for 250 (or there about).
    Anyone know what causes this? (Am I overlooking something, or is it the PC version only?)

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tC0CkRUQwk

Were you using the DSFix? It maybe be a bug with that.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 am

I haven't got the pc version. I checked some older clips as well, and it's the same on the console version. Could just be an overlooked bug, but kind of strange if it only happens when using halberds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKalpe8sNc
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKalpe8sNc
    At 11 minutes.

The four kings have an instant kill attack.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:57 am

If you're speaking of that homing missile-ish attack, it's not instant kill. I've taken damage from it lots of times without dying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 am